What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 07:58 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(05-08-2015 05:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 04:35 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Muffs video game goals for the rest of 2015:

- Go outside at least once.

Outside, now a video game. :/

The graphics are amazing, but the gameplay kinda sucks. No fast travel, health potions, or extra lives.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
06-08-2015, 10:45 AM
(06-08-2015 03:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 12:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I play poker. Limit Texas Holdem. $8-$16 and $10-$20.

Live or virtual?

Live
07-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Wake up. Thought to myself "I'm gonna smash out and finish The Witcher today". Jumps on xbox. "Witcher 3 needs an update". I'm like ok whatever click accept. 7.3G!!!! FUCKING HELL!
No Witcher 3 for Muffsy, at least not this morning.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-08-2015, 04:46 PM
(07-08-2015 04:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wake up. Thought to myself "I'm gonna smash out and finish The Witcher today". Jumps on xbox. "Witcher 3 needs an update". I'm like ok whatever click accept. 7.3G!!!! FUCKING HELL!

If its any consolation....I took me 8 hours to win $2000 playing limit holdem yesterday.
07-08-2015, 05:46 PM
(07-08-2015 04:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 04:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wake up. Thought to myself "I'm gonna smash out and finish The Witcher today". Jumps on xbox. "Witcher 3 needs an update". I'm like ok whatever click accept. 7.3G!!!! FUCKING HELL!

If its any consolation....I took me 8 hours to win $2000 playing limit holdem yesterday.

It is, it's comforting to know I don't suffer alone in these troubled times.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-08-2015, 12:46 AM
(05-08-2015 05:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 11:32 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...when at work

Work, now a video game. :/

Third shift at a hotel, mostly babysitting sleeping guests after the basic paper work and reports are done. Usually have 4+ hours to myself, and they don't pay me nearly enough to actually do anything more constructive with my time than play Monster Hunter. Been here 3+ years, never had any trouble I wasn't able to handle on my own (sans one call to the State Troopers over a domestic disturbance), and I'm only getting $9.50 an hour for full time night-shift; and even then only after I threatened to quit when I moved to a new place and had longer commute. Considering that a minimum living wage is about $11.50, and a living wage comparable to the 70's when adjusted for inflation would be closer to $15, and factoring in improved worker efficiency (each american worker does far more per hour and is only getting better), we should be earning closer to $20 an hour. Instead all of those gains have gone to the top 1%, and the rest of us have been left with rising debts and stagnant wages.

So yeah, I am beyond giving a flying fuck about slacking off for half of my shift at one job, when I have to have 2 jobs and work 60+ hours a week to make ends meet.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-08-2015, 01:06 PM
(07-08-2015 05:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 04:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If its any consolation....I took me 8 hours to win $2000 playing limit holdem yesterday.

It is, it's comforting to know I don't suffer alone in these troubled times.

It gets worse, the next day I played for 6 hours and only won $9.
08-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Addicted to Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag right now.

Stupid bug that can't be fixed won't let me complete it though. It's so annoying I feel like crying. Ugh.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
08-08-2015, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 03:30 PM by Free Thought.)
Soo... Shadow of Mordor is simply wonderful.

It has the most satisfying combat I've played in a while. It's like if you took Assassin's Creed combat system, and made it actually engaging.
The game I remember last playing to have a melee system remotely this fun was goddamned Warhammer 40K: Spacemarine (which is also a good game).

My only issues with Mordor are that the Uruks all sound like 40K Orks, my frame-drop problems, and the fact that commanding branded Captains is a rather clunky affair which requires you to hunt them down after brand them to give them commands.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut. Got it in a Square Enix bundle along with Hitman: Absolution, Supreme Commander 2, Thief, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Startopia, and Both Kane and Lynch 1 & 2 for a grand total of $6.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze