What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(16-08-2015 02:47 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 11:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  @NKK, finished. My Empire at it's peek before I ruined it to get some achievements.

[Image: eu4_8.png]

Nothing amazballs, mostly just for achievements.
I got (in order): Defiantly Sultan of Rum (control Rome, Istanbul and Moscow as Ottomans), City of Cities (own a city with 60 development level. Went for Istanbul), Master of India (directly control and core all of India as a European nation), Market Control (be trade leader of 7 different goods), The Grand Armada (because I ran out of viable achievements to get and thought fuck it, might as well do it now. Own 500 (yes, 500) heavy ships and have no loans. As soon as I got the achievement I disbanded all 500 >< ), One Family to Rule Them All (have 7 vassals with your dynasty. Did it with client states, easy), Black Jack (have 21 vassals with at least 5 provinces and none of them have more than 50% liberty desire) and finally Have a Little Patience (play a match from start to finish).

Rather productive if I do say so myself. So question; now what? Still got 61% of the achievements to do. (granted a big chunk are colonizing ones that can be done easily within one campaign. Might do that actually. Do I sense a Spanish campaign in the future??)
Nicely done.

Try doing the colonization game with a non-European country say Korea or Japan and have some fun with that. Or perhaps try out an native American game and try to survive the European invasion. Don't know if there's achievements for that though.

I have yet to play enough to dare venture into iron man to get achievements. I might have to give up on Crusader Kings 2 into Europa Universalis 4. I never seem to get truly hooked on my Crusader Kings games.

Ironman's the way to go. Lots of fun, I could never go back to non-ironman.
Just gotta not give up the first time you lose a war and be patient. Sometimes waiting 20years before declaring war to take a province you need/want is the way to go. The good thing about Ottomans (and what makes them OP IMO) is that you can attack Europe, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungry, Italian states etc.. and than when Europe, mostly France and Austria, get pissed off with because your AE got to high you hit the east and start attacking into the Arabian Peninsula and North Africa or into the underbelly of Russia. Than when the east get pissed off and Europe starts to forgive you you switch it up and hit the west again. etc..
The Ottomans are probably the best country to do a world conquest too. Religion flip to Orthodox and you can force the HRE electors to elect you as Emperor. Cheap as hell cores, high manpower (plus higher manpower from Orthdox), strong early-mid game troops and decent late game troops, very very easy westernization etc..

But I digress. Maybe an Inca game. There's an achievement for conquering all of South America as the Inca (which you have to form first which means beating the other minor Inca tribes, no small feat in itself) and westernizing. I've tried three times to do this achievement and still don't have it. Might finally crack it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2015, 09:11 AM
(16-08-2015 03:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 02:47 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Nicely done.

Try doing the colonization game with a non-European country say Korea or Japan and have some fun with that. Or perhaps try out an native American game and try to survive the European invasion. Don't know if there's achievements for that though.

I have yet to play enough to dare venture into iron man to get achievements. I might have to give up on Crusader Kings 2 into Europa Universalis 4. I never seem to get truly hooked on my Crusader Kings games.

Ironman's the way to go. Lots of fun, I could never go back to non-ironman.
Just gotta not give up the first time you lose a war and be patient. Sometimes waiting 20years before declaring war to take a province you need/want is the way to go. The good thing about Ottomans (and what makes them OP IMO) is that you can attack Europe, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungry, Italian states etc.. and than when Europe, mostly France and Austria, get pissed off with because your AE got to high you hit the east and start attacking into the Arabian Peninsula and North Africa or into the underbelly of Russia. Than when the east get pissed off and Europe starts to forgive you you switch it up and hit the west again. etc..
The Ottomans are probably the best country to do a world conquest too. Religion flip to Orthodox and you can force the HRE electors to elect you as Emperor. Cheap as hell cores, high manpower (plus higher manpower from Orthdox), strong early-mid game troops and decent late game troops, very very easy westernization etc..

But I digress. Maybe an Inca game. There's an achievement for conquering all of South America as the Inca (which you have to form first which means beating the other minor Inca tribes, no small feat in itself) and westernizing. I've tried three times to do this achievement and still don't have it. Might finally crack it.
Well you did it. I started up an Iron-Ottoman game. I have to say the Tirmurids and the Mamluks scare me a bit. (^_^) I really want to take quantity ideas to reload my manpower fast but since I already have high manpower it might not be that good a choice perhaps offensive ideas then?
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
16-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Oh EU4 why do you have to be so mean?

So I had just declared war when my leader died. Oh well stability is now -1 no worries I can handle that. So I win the war without any trouble and perhaps get a bit greedy on land grab. Over extension get to 54% It's getting into dangerous territory but should be manageable. Within a month of that my new leader dies too. More stability drop and now looming disaster ticks up with 2% a month. I have a veritable shit-ton of core to spend admin points on so can't really afford to buy up stability until my over extension get lowered. I was supposed to go to bed an hour ago but just had to get this under control with rebels popping up and others getting dangerously close to popping. But now I should have a relative easy load when i play again.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
16-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Finished the Korgan priority misson

THERE YOU GO REAPER! HOW YOU LIKE THAT YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKER?! YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FUCKING BUSY I AM REAPER FUCK? WELL FUCK YOU! YOU WANT DUBSTEP WELL DUBSTEP THAT YOU BUTTFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!"

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
16-08-2015, 06:24 PM
(16-08-2015 04:07 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Finished the Korgan priority misson

THERE YOU GO REAPER! HOW YOU LIKE THAT YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKER?! YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FUCKING BUSY I AM REAPER FUCK? WELL FUCK YOU! YOU WANT DUBSTEP WELL DUBSTEP THAT YOU BUTTFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!"

Tell us how you really feel, why don'tcha?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-08-2015, 07:32 PM
(16-08-2015 06:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 04:07 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Finished the Korgan priority misson

Tell us how you really feel, why don'tcha?

I have bigger issues right now, invited Officer Traynor up to my ready room. She wanted a shower

MUST. NOT. JOIN. HER. FOR SECKS. MUST. STAY. LOYAL. TO. GARRUS-SAN.

Jesus, I don't know how I resisted that. You should have seen her face when I rejected her, just like I rejected Liara, Kaidan and Vega.

16-08-2015, 07:41 PM
In other news, I just had my first interview on BattleTits

16-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Such a fucking classic.

[Image: 928900.jpg]

Got a PSP-2000 and immediately set about installing custom firmware and slapped a 64GB micro-SD card (through a Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter) into that puppy. Been catching up with some old favorites, like...

[Image: Front%20Mission%203%20[U]%20[SLUS-01011]-front.jpg]

[Image: 61KPFN43GSL.jpg]

[Image: final-fantasy-viii-ps1-cover-front-48757.jpg]

[Image: metal-gear-solid-ps1-cover-front-48802.jpg]

[Image: Fftlwnacover.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-08-2015, 08:21 AM
(16-08-2015 09:11 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 03:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ironman's the way to go. Lots of fun, I could never go back to non-ironman.

Well you did it. I started up an Iron-Ottoman game. I have to say the Tirmurids and the Mamluks scare me a bit. (^_^) I really want to take quantity ideas to reload my manpower fast but since I already have high manpower it might not be that good a choice perhaps offensive ideas then?

More manpower is great early game but in mid and late it's a non-issue I found. When you're getting 5K troops each month losing 20K in a 2year war isn't that big of a deal. The added shock and firepower for leaders with offensive ideas is great though. Defense ideas is pretty underrated. More moral (+15%), more tradition, more replenish speed and of course those attrition bonuses.

The issue with Ottomans is that their units in mid-late game become inferior (still good, but inferior) to western troops. So increasing things like moral, discipline, better leaders is a great way to compensate. especially considering you already have high manpower.

Mameluke's are pushover. It's Qara you gotta worry about. Don't let them get too big. Timmy's can be powerful but they quickly get chewed up by rebels and such.
Mamelukes are easy to attack too because they're sort of shaped like a bottleneck.
Just gotta remember to get a sizable galley fleet. Gally's in the Mediterranean get bonuses for fighting in a sea and they're incredible cheap. You can easily go over ship limit and still have a low fleet maintenance.

Quote:Oh EU4 why do you have to be so mean?

So I had just declared war when my leader died. Oh well stability is now -1 no worries I can handle that. So I win the war without any trouble and perhaps get a bit greedy on land grab. Over extension get to 54% It's getting into dangerous territory but should be manageable. Within a month of that my new leader dies too. More stability drop and now looming disaster ticks up with 2% a month. I have a veritable shit-ton of core to spend admin points on so can't really afford to buy up stability until my over extension get lowered. I was supposed to go to bed an hour ago but just had to get this under control with rebels popping up and others getting dangerously close to popping. But now I should have a relative easy load when i play again.

Lol, "I was suppose to be in bed an hour ago", oh EU4 you...

You should get humanist ideas first (I do for most my western games). Fully maxed out humanist ideas pretty much equals zero rebels (don't underestimate that +25% religious unity). Well, humanist ideas and proper use of authority. Don't be afraid to increase authority on newly taken provinces. Sure you don't get as much tax or production or manpower but you just got those provinces so it's more than you already had anyway and it's only 15%. Plus humanist ideas gives 10% off future ideas which = 40 admin off per upgrade.
17-08-2015, 08:40 AM
(17-08-2015 08:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 09:11 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Well you did it. I started up an Iron-Ottoman game. I have to say the Tirmurids and the Mamluks scare me a bit. (^_^) I really want to take quantity ideas to reload my manpower fast but since I already have high manpower it might not be that good a choice perhaps offensive ideas then?

More manpower is great early game but in mid and late it's a non-issue I found. When you're getting 5K troops each month losing 20K in a 2year war isn't that big of a deal. The added shock and firepower for leaders with offensive ideas is great though. Defense ideas is pretty underrated. More moral (+15%), more tradition, more replenish speed and of course those attrition bonuses.

The issue with Ottomans is that their units in mid-late game become inferior (still good, but inferior) to western troops. So increasing things like moral, discipline, better leaders is a great way to compensate. especially considering you already have high manpower.

Mameluke's are pushover. It's Qara you gotta worry about. Don't let them get too big. Timmy's can be powerful but they quickly get chewed up by rebels and such.
Mamelukes are easy to attack too because they're sort of shaped like a bottleneck.
Just gotta remember to get a sizable galley fleet. Gally's in the Mediterranean get bonuses for fighting in a sea and they're incredible cheap. You can easily go over ship limit and still have a low fleet maintenance.

Quote:Oh EU4 why do you have to be so mean?

Lol, "I was suppose to be in bed an hour ago", oh EU4 you...

You should get humanist ideas first (I do for most my western games). Fully maxed out humanist ideas pretty much equals zero rebels (don't underestimate that +25% religious unity). Well, humanist ideas and proper use of authority. Don't be afraid to increase authority on newly taken provinces. Sure you don't get as much tax or production or manpower but you just got those provinces so it's more than you already had anyway and it's only 15%. Plus humanist ideas gives 10% off future ideas which = 40 admin off per upgrade.

Yeah I ended up taking offensive ideas first. I might have done some sub-optimal bordering to bad as I took Innovation ideas as the second group.
The offensive-innovative policy just seems so tasty. I hate sieging down forts.

Qara is a non-issue. They are as good as dead as i have taken over all but six of their provinces. of which only tree of them is connected to another of their provinces. (^_^) The Europa is a bit hard to get into. Hungry are in a personal union to Austria and Lithuania is under Poland. Venice seems to be a hassle as their territory isn't connected but I suspect they will be my target once I turn my attention back that way. But I did get my fleet up to match them as I thought I'd battle them earlier. It's half and half light ships and galleys at the moment.

Overall I recon I'm doing quite well. Though I have just gotten an absolute stinker of a leader 0/1/5.