What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2014, 05:19 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(23-01-2014 02:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 05:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Actually, you wanna see some fucked up shit?
40 years in and I'm completely fucked...

I'm playing as Poland, trying to form the Commonwealth (a combination of Poland and Lithuania). Lithuania is my bitch as well as the Teutonic Knights (the dark grey in the north of Poland). BUT Muscovy in the east has stupid amounts of manpower. Denmark rules over Sweden and Norway in the north, not to mention the developers are Swedish and so for some reason Dodgy Sweden is a tad more powerful than it should be. The Golden Horde, Crimea and the Ottomans in the south are both Muslim so they're allied together and the Ottomans have crazy super ninja warrior troops this early in the game. Not to mention the Ottomans will attack me if I attack the other Muslim states. And to make matters worst, Austria rules over Hungary AND is the the Holy Roman Empire, so all those shitty German states that I could faceroll are Austria's bitch. OH and I have no navy so attacking England, France, Castile, Aragon (who rules over Naples) and Portugal (despite not having a good reason to go to war meaning I'll take a stability hit which will result in either slower technology progress or constant rebels) completely out of the question.

I am entirely fucked and it's only 40 years in... fml

[Image: eu4_11.png]

[Image: 990118C8B10DDE3F993956496F6996109358C8A9]

Yeah, I keep things a tad simpler. This was near the end of my last game of Civilization 5 and China was being an uptight and ornery bitch. Russia was already my nearest and dearest ally, and England had already fallen to irrelevant 3rd world power once I got past the Industrial Age and their massive ships-of-the-line couldn't do shit against aircraft carriers. What you see here is Beijing having a nuclear bomb dropped on it's head, which nearly wiped out the city. Why? because I could and I already had a half-dozen Uranium powered Giant Death Robots.

[Image: Giant_death_robot_(Civ5).png]

Lol, Civ V, the lowly common plebs idea of a strategy game.
Oh to be so willfully ignorant and young again.
Tongue Nah Civ's alright, despite it being rather arcadey and casual. And I do enjoy dropping the occasional nuke.

What speed do you play on?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2014, 05:28 AM
Formed the Commonwealth earlier today.
This made Muscovy a viable and ideal target, however they decided to ally with England...
I seriously can't catch a break this game.

How sad, I'm a giant pink dot in the east with the best cavalry in the game, but absolutely no viable targets to wage war against.
Brings tears to my eyes.

[Image: eu4_12.png]

Compare this with my Ottoman save where I've had absolutely no shortage of war targets to unleash my war machine upon.
Spreading the good word of Muhammad across Europe.

[Image: eu4_9.png]
[Image: eu4_10.png]

23-01-2014, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2014 06:40 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(23-01-2014 05:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 02:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 990118C8B10DDE3F993956496F6996109358C8A9]

Yeah, I keep things a tad simpler. This was near the end of my last game of Civilization 5 and China was being an uptight and ornery bitch. Russia was already my nearest and dearest ally, and England had already fallen to irrelevant 3rd world power once I got past the Industrial Age and their massive ships-of-the-line couldn't do shit against aircraft carriers. What you see here is Beijing having a nuclear bomb dropped on it's head, which nearly wiped out the city. Why? because I could and I already had a half-dozen Uranium powered Giant Death Robots.

[Image: Giant_death_robot_(Civ5).png]

Lol, Civ V, the lowly common plebs idea of a strategy game.
Tongue Nah Civ's alright, despite it being rather arcadey and casual. And I do enjoy dropping the occasional nuke.

I honestly don't remember, but probably whatever the default one is. If it wasn't for PAYDAY 2 just dropping a massive free gameplay update yesterday, I'd be reinstalling it right now. But besides Civ, the only other strategy games I like are ones with RPG elements in them. So your Fallout: Tactics, Fire Emblem, Mount & Blade, X-COM, Black & White, etc.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-01-2014, 07:17 AM
(23-01-2014 03:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I brought Terraria today have have been playing it. It is quite enjoyable.

You might want to wait until it gets out of Beta, but if you enjoy Terraria then you'll have to play Starbound. It's currently available on Steam through their Early Access program.

http://playstarbound.com/

23-01-2014, 08:16 AM
My children like this game, and actually it's not bad.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Just finished my first play through of Beyond 2 Souls. Genuinely good immersion experience! Smile

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
23-01-2014, 11:49 AM
(23-01-2014 09:13 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Just finished my first play through of Beyond 2 Souls. Genuinely good immersion experience! Smile

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-01-2014, 07:21 PM
What are you playing?
(23-01-2014 07:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 03:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I brought Terraria today have have been playing it. It is quite enjoyable.

You might want to wait until it gets out of Beta, but if you enjoy Terraria then you'll have to play Starbound. It's currently available on Steam through their Early Access program.

http://playstarbound.com/

Beat me to it. Was gonna say my son, daughter, her boyfriend and I all played Terraria and are now playing Starbound. We feel Starbound is superior. So if you're enjoying Terraria, come on over. I believe it's made by some if the people who worked on Terraria (hence the striking similarities).

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
23-01-2014, 07:34 PM
(23-01-2014 06:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 05:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lol, Civ V, the lowly common plebs idea of a strategy game.

I honestly don't remember, but probably whatever the default one is. If it wasn't for PAYDAY 2 just dropping a massive free gameplay update yesterday, I'd be reinstalling it right now. But besides Civ, the only other strategy games I like are ones with RPG elements in them. So your Fallout: Tactics, Fire Emblem, Mount & Blade, X-COM, Black & White, etc.

All great games.
I wish they made more RPG games with strategy elements in them.

26-01-2014, 08:00 AM
(23-01-2014 07:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 06:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I honestly don't remember, but probably whatever the default one is. If it wasn't for PAYDAY 2 just dropping a massive free gameplay update yesterday, I'd be reinstalling it right now. But besides Civ, the only other strategy games I like are ones with RPG elements in them. So your Fallout: Tactics, Fire Emblem, Mount & Blade, X-COM, Black & White, etc.

All great games.
I wish they made more RPG games with strategy elements in them.

Just so you know, this is all your fault muffs. Weeping

[Image: DCC55E9B5034F18B4E6A6DC7E1F67506E5D38E94]

[Image: 192D29537CAC9DEC111E8D577CD5DE2AEF684308]

Darwin and Feyman bitches! Oh, I also got Kubrick. Tongue

[Image: F48CF4FB20397EBACB4745D251B7D7A012678C65]