18-08-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Rocket League is surprisingly fun
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2015, 06:21 PM
(18-08-2015 08:02 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 07:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh Prague that's right, I forgot you could take that as an option too.
Prague could be a good option actually given that Hungry is in a PU with Austria.
Well it turns out that Bohemia is allied to Austria. So I would have to keep an eye out for a very favorable timing. It would take me two wars at best to get Prague but I recon three is more reasonable. If I go for Wien it would at most take two wars. Going for Prague will also snake my country in between Poland and Hungary which might not be too good an idea.

Can I break up a personal union in a war without it being an war for independence for Hungary? If so it might be even better to go for Austria.

I'm pretty sure you can break a PU by war but it costs 100% warscore, meaning that's all you get from that war. But hey, if it means Austria doesn't integrate Hungry it'll be worth it. Likewise with Poland integrating Lithuania and forming the Commonwealth.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-08-2015, 12:39 AM
(18-08-2015 06:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 08:02 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Well it turns out that Bohemia is allied to Austria. So I would have to keep an eye out for a very favorable timing. It would take me two wars at best to get Prague but I recon three is more reasonable. If I go for Wien it would at most take two wars. Going for Prague will also snake my country in between Poland and Hungary which might not be too good an idea.

Can I break up a personal union in a war without it being an war for independence for Hungary? If so it might be even better to go for Austria.

I'm pretty sure you can break a PU by war but it costs 100% warscore, meaning that's all you get from that war. But hey, if it means Austria doesn't integrate Hungry it'll be worth it. Likewise with Poland integrating Lithuania and forming the Commonwealth.
Ah very cool. I will have to look into that. Thanks.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
19-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Oh Daniels and Donnelly, you honestly thought I didn't see this coming?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
19-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Kongo got boring, nothing interesting happens for like 100 years. So I decided I'd start a new campaign as Malacca and try to form Malaya.

2 years in, conquering the two smaller nations on my northern border (I'm the light purple by the way. Don't be fooled NKK by the negative warscore, I am winning it's just negative because Pasai (the red nation) is blockading me.).

[Image: eu4_10.jpg]

10 years in. Going well, conquest is steady and easy.

[Image: eu4_11.jpg]

14 years later and after a rather annoying war that drained my manpower reserves I'm now a sizable power in East Asia. Looking well for forming Malaya.

[Image: eu4_12.jpg]

Ahhh fuck.. And this is what happens when you get to greedy and attack when you're not ready.
I attacked the yellow country to my south who was allied with the great big green one to my north. The green one was at war and as such had a small army and low manpower. I declare war on the yellow nation, the green one ends the war it was in, rebuilds its forces and together with the yellow nation they manage to beat me and force me to release Johore and a 1 province minor country.

[Image: eu4_14.jpg]

Oh well, I'm only 35 years in. Might as well just try again.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-08-2015, 12:05 AM
(19-08-2015 10:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Kongo got boring, nothing interesting happens for like 100 years. So I decided I'd start a new campaign as Malacca and try to form Malaya.

2 years in, conquering the two smaller nations on my northern border (I'm the light purple by the way. Don't be fooled NKK by the negative warscore, I am winning it's just negative because Pasai (the red nation) is blockading me.).

[Image: eu4_10.jpg]

10 years in. Going well, conquest is steady and easy.

[Image: eu4_11.jpg]

14 years later and after a rather annoying war that drained my manpower reserves I'm now a sizable power in East Asia. Looking well for forming Malaya.

[Image: eu4_12.jpg]

Ahhh fuck.. And this is what happens when you get to greedy and attack when you're not ready.
I attacked the yellow country to my south who was allied with the great big green one to my north. The green one was at war and as such had a small army and low manpower. I declare war on the yellow nation, the green one ends the war it was in, rebuilds its forces and together with the yellow nation they manage to beat me and force me to release Johore and a 1 province minor country.

[Image: eu4_14.jpg]

Oh well, I'm only 35 years in. Might as well just try again.
Hehehehe well at least you know who's your long term target then.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
20-08-2015, 03:57 AM
Round 2.

New strategy. Ally (with intent to vassalize and diplo-annex) the two minor countries on my northern border and head south. Fast. 4 years in and I get my revenge on the yellow nation who's ally-less this time round. Push over.

[Image: eu4_16.jpg]

13 years in and I'm already better off compared to my previous attempt. That red nation on my border is my vassal.

[Image: eu4_19.jpg]

Time to take on ol' big green in the north. I declare war, I attack and defeat their armies. Going well until they retreat and come back strong...

[Image: eu4_20.jpg]

Luckily they're not the only ones that can make a tactic advance to the rear and come back strong. Run Forest run!
Don't be afraid to use mercenaries. They are quite literally a lifesaver. They don't require manpower to replenish and they replenish pretty fast. Yea they cost heaps and will likely put you into debt, but they'll help you win the war and save your country from being chopped up. Especially useful with countries like Malacca and other non-western countries that can stockpile a ton of gold.

[Image: eu4_21.jpg]

The war dragged on a bit and it started turning into the enemies favor so I peaced out while I was ahead.
My current position, 11 years prior to being defeated in my last attempt.

[Image: eu4_22.jpg]

yes I do only have 2K troops and no manpower reserves. >< I disbanded all my mercenaries after the war and that's how much of my army was left. ouch. Oh well, I'm in a good position now at least. I am thee dominate power in Southeast Asia.

21-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Just got Rocket League on Steam. I can understand the hype. Even more impressive is I got my off-brand USB dual shock controller to work with it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Playing as the Greek City States in Rome: Total War in a nutshell

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
21-08-2015, 01:32 PM
(21-08-2015 12:15 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Playing as the Greek City States in Rome: Total War in a nutshell

That was the, by far and away, best (and really only good in a non-campy way) line from that entire movie.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post