What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 05:54 PM by Adrianime.)
RE: What are you playing?
I'm actually addicted to dark souls. My friend visited me about a year ago and on a whim I started playing dark souls so he would have something interesting to watch (note I had already beat it before this).

-A month later I had 3 new characters and accumulated over 100 hours.
-Then, for my birthday, my GF gets me dark souls 2, which I heavily hinted at. a month later, 3 or 4 more characters, over 100 hours and none of them beat them game (by choice, because it got boring, and I was pissed about not having the DLC, but not wanting to buy it).
-So then I buy the DLC for Dark Souls 1 for 5 bucks, bam 200 more hours.
-Then of course Dark Souls 2, Scholar of the first Sin came out. Bam, bought a PS4, 250 more hours (several characters, and a no bonfire run).
-I thought it might be interesting doing a no death run in the first dark souls, 20 more hours.
-Then I thought, "hey, what if I did a 'speed run' and beat all the bosses in the game in under 10 hours?" ...10 more hours.
-Then of course I got an idea for a great PVP build in DS2....20 more hours.
-A month ago I figured I ought to play all the way through the original Dark Souls 2 on PS3, so I had a comparison point to the PS4 Scholar of the First Sin edition....20 more hours.

I could go on. But I think you get it. Currently I'm doing a speed run through NG+ on an older character, seeing if I can beat it in under 4 hours. In 1.5 hours I've already beaten the 2 hardest bosses (if you play, you know this duo that I reference), so I think I got this.

No, I don't regret this, even as I search multiple times a day for dark souls 3 related news. Maybe it's something only a Souls fan can understand.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
10-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Just got a Rainbow Six Siege beta key! So excited.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-09-2015, 04:33 AM
(10-09-2015 06:04 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Just got a Rainbow Six Siege beta key! So excited.

I would be too.

But then I remember who publishes those games, and I die a little more inside.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
11-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Super Mario RPG, emulated on PC. Gods I love this game. I'm on my 3trd playthrough Big Grin

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
11-09-2015, 05:49 PM
BloodBowl 2 at least the beta so far... I kinda majorily suck at it for the most part but love it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Is ARK any good?
It looks pretty fun. Something you can play around with, go away and play something else, come back too play around with some more etc.. Something a little different too.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Taken King comes out today.
Saddly, due to fucking 'Muricans, I can buy it but I can't play it till 9pm my time.

Global releases are so much better. Even though it sorta technically is a global release. It's weird I dunno how you'd classify it.

14-09-2015, 06:43 PM
(14-09-2015 04:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Taken King comes out today.
Saddly, due to fucking 'Muricans, I can buy it but I can't play it till 9pm my time.

Global releases are so much better. Even though it sorta technically is a global release. It's weird I dunno how you'd classify it.

Look on the bright side. The sheer size of the 'Murican market is the only reason companies can rationalize investing more than $8.00 in the creation of awesome games Tongue

'Murican Canadian
14-09-2015, 08:16 PM
(14-09-2015 06:43 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 04:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Taken King comes out today.

Look on the bright side. The sheer size of the 'Murican market is the only reason companies can rationalize investing more than $8.00 in the creation of awesome games Tongue

Actually the Asian video game market is almost double that of the American market. And the Western European market isn't far behind the US.

14-09-2015, 09:02 PM
(14-09-2015 08:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 06:43 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Look on the bright side. The sheer size of the 'Murican market is the only reason companies can rationalize investing more than $8.00 in the creation of awesome games Tongue

Actually the Asian video game market is almost double that of the American market. And the Western European market isn't far behind the US.

I guess we'll have to bomb them then.

'Murican Canadian