What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Lol, typical Americans would claim great scientists like Darwin.
I didn't know Ireland was in Civ V Consider must be an expansion.

I finally found a viable target.
I managed to, with the help of Austria and a couple other Christian nations, win a war against the Ottoman Empire.
Turned out pretty good actually because the Crimea refused to join Ottomans despite being in an alliance with them which canceled any agreements they had with the Ottomans. I was then able to beat the Ottomans with Hungarian and Austrian help.
It was tough though, I had to double their numbers in battle to just scrap by a victory. Their Janissary troops are bloody strong.
But after a relatively quick war and the death of 96,000 of my troops later, I managed to snatch some land from them.
I was then able to wage war against the Crimea who was easy pickings without their big Ottoman friend to back them up.
I also managed to forced Serbia to grant Bosnia independence (basically cutting Serbia in two) after a very quick easy war, with the intent of then making both countries my bitches. BUT Bosnia attacked and annexed Serbia meaning my original problem (that Serbia was too big to make my bitch) persisted.
This screenshot is about 25years prior to where I am now. Basically I made Crimea my vassal, I took some land from Bosnia and then was able to make them my vassal in a follow up war and I made the green country to the east of the Crimea my vassal as well.
I pretty much have a nice little road towards India now. Everyone standing between me and India is fairly weak compared to my standard of troops and so shouldn't be too difficult to subjugate.
Then once I'm in India I can start feeding Indian trade goods through the middle east to Krakov and earn some real gold.
Hopefully Portugal, France, Spain and England haven't beaten me too it, they're already busy colonizing the New World.

[Image: eu4_15.png]

Oh and here's something for the lolz.
I have the Pope, 6 of the 7 cardinals and 4 of the 5 future cardinals all in my pocket.
[Image: eu4_17.png]

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2014, 12:48 PM
God damn, that game LOOKS like something I'd lose myself in causing much distress on the home front.

Especially given that I'm one of those World of Warcraft absentee parents/husbands. I haven't read through this thread to gauge the response to that admission.

I'm guessing the hippest of the hip will soon be by to let me know how old and out of touch I am... Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Regular_Joe's post
26-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Still downloading Company of Heros 2 Sad

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
27-01-2014, 05:40 PM
What are you playing?
(26-01-2014 12:48 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  God damn, that game LOOKS like something I'd lose myself in causing much distress on the home front.

Especially given that I'm one of those World of Warcraft absentee parents/husbands. I haven't read through this thread to gauge the response to that admission.

I'm guessing the hippest of the hip will soon be by to let me know how old and out of touch I am... Drinking Beverage

I feel you here. I've played my fair share of WoW. No shame in it. Wear it like the badge of pride it should be.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
27-01-2014, 06:26 PM
[Image: GBA_Fire_Emblem_Box.jpg]
27-01-2014, 07:04 PM
(26-01-2014 12:48 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  God damn, that game LOOKS like something I'd lose myself in causing much distress on the home front.

Oh yes it will certainly do that.
Oh how the hours fly. 1 game year takes around 5-10minutes, depending on how busy that game year is. Could be quicker, could be slower.
So like when you're playing you might set a goal in your head like "I'll stop playing when I finish this war" which takes like 20minutes, but then you'll set another goal of "ok maybe I'll keep playing until I can clean up the mess that war caused" which could be another 20minutes, by which time you're in another war or you have a succession crisis or one of your allies is being attacked and so you need to rescue their ass. Etc...
It's certainly the biggest time suck game I've played, but it's my favorite game and I enjoy playing it so that always helps and is probably the cause. When I play multiplayer first person shooters I tend to sink hours into those too because I love that sort of game.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-01-2014, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2014 03:22 AM by sporehux.)
F U muffs you make Civ5 sound so compelling, I've already got several time vacuums in my steam library

WTF, I went to see what price it was and it says I already own it. ?. I can picture an evil time demon somewhere taping their fingers together saying muhahahaha.

[Image: 2014+-+1]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
31-01-2014, 05:20 AM
It's not Civ5, it's Europa Universals 4.
Civ5 is like the casual arcade version of EU4.

31-01-2014, 05:54 AM
(31-01-2014 05:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not Civ5, it's Europa Universals 4.
Civ5 is like the casual arcade version of EU4.

Ok, I definitely don't have that game,
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/

is the base game enough, any DLC must haves ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
31-01-2014, 08:38 AM
You can get away with just the base game. There's only one DLC at the moment, but it's a paradox game so a thousand more will follow.
They've already announced the next one. You might like to start with EU3, you can probably get that and all it's expansions cheap. I wouldn't know much it costs though.

Just a heads up though, there is a steep learning curve.