What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 05:08 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(01-10-2015 04:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 04:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Two words people: Grim. Dawn.
Look that shit up.

We don't need more clones. Pass.

Fixed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 05:50 AM
(01-10-2015 04:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 04:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Two words people: Grim. Dawn.
Look that shit up.

We don't need more Diablo clones. Pass.

Gasp Son I am disappoint. We can always use more Diablo clones.
Besides, this one is pretty good. Well worth a pirate.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-10-2015, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 07:30 AM by Free Thought.)
My E:TW Prussia campaign is not going well...

[Image: 1F4AB53C469D04871421E3B51E0AC6AD23870C34]

This was taken right before my laying siege to Breslau, and the Third Polish-Lithuanian Invasion of East Prussia.

My nation, being endlessly blockaded by the Swedes, who routinely send large armies to march on Copenhagen (defended by a small but highly veteranized army thanks to their futile efforts), is having severe financial difficulties; thanks to having powerful enemies on all sides (the only exception is my ally Hannover which holds my west flank) my nation requires an oversized military for defence, which requires immense taxation to maintain, which in turn requires my armies to be large to suppress rebellions, this is not helped by the aforementioned endless blockade I cannot break which stops my trading with Spain and France.
Outside of Denmark, my expansion into West Prussia and Bohemia have been necessitated by the need for additional funds; I hope that by taking Silesia from the Austrians would link Prague with Berlin and in doing so open a new trade route to the Bavarians.

I would some energies on taking the more fruitful Polish territories to my direct east, but I am afraid that it will only sever to open up the way for Russia to actually enter into the war it declared twenty years ago: you see, Russia declared on me after my taking Denmark, and despite never trading a single shot in the intervening years has refused every single overture of peace I have attempted, no matter how absurdly one-sided.
The much the same can be said of the British; in the two engagements we've fought they were crushed utterly and I've not seen anything of them in a decade, but the AI refuses peace regardless.
On the other side of things, the Polish have twice accepted peace, but always betray that in favour of being slaughtered repeatedly on my walls. The Austrians have done so once.

At least I can take solace in the object fact of Prussian military superiority: I am against enemies which regularly outnumber my forces 2 or even 3:1 and I have yet to sustain any significant defeats to an outside power.
The only defeats I've suffered have been at the hands of the men of the Great Second Prussian Revolution, which was eventually crushed under a grindstone of militia.

If I don't find a way to turn things around, I'm not going to survive to much longer: I keep hoping I can get the Swedes and Brits off my trade lines somehow, but I can't think of anyway to do so. I had entertained scrounging a few regiments to try to stage an invasion of England but that would certainly have goon poorly, even if I could have afforded a boat to transport them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Need more cannon son.
Cannon wreck all.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-10-2015, 07:40 AM
(01-10-2015 07:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Need more cannon son.
Cannon wreck all.

I would love more cannon, but they aren't all that helpful in defence of cities, nor can I even afford them.

And in my experience, cannon do not wreck all; they aren't remotely effective against infantry. If the attacking regiment withstands the first volley of grapeshot then the defending artillery regiment is going to suffer greatly.

If the cavalry can close they will wreck the gunner's collective day.

Not to mention that unless they are carefully micromanaged they have an annoying tendency toward destroying allied guns while firing on fleeing or flanking units.

01-10-2015, 08:03 AM
(01-10-2015 01:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 12:14 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Although I'd argue no such bits exist in that game, I'm curious where you are at? The most annoying parts in that game are probably shrine of amana and the chariot boss.

Lol! I just beat the chariot boss (the executioner, and if you use a bow it's easy as tits.) and am at the Dragon Shrine. This is on my new save. It's not as bad as I put it, I actually haven't played in a little while.
Ohh Nice! I've never used a bow on that boss, but I usually don't use bows except for poison. It isn't the boss itself that is hard, it's those damn necromancers and skeletons that tend to swarm you depending on your build. My current build focuses on havel's shield....probably the worst build for that particular boss. With this build I learned the chariot's charge is unblockable, and the skeletons trap you in the little areas if you block. Much easier with a shieldless build.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
01-10-2015, 08:07 AM
(01-10-2015 08:03 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 01:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lol! I just beat the chariot boss (the executioner, and if you use a bow it's easy as tits.) and am at the Dragon Shrine. This is on my new save. It's not as bad as I put it, I actually haven't played in a little while.
Ohh Nice! I've never used a bow on that boss, but I usually don't use bows except for poison. It isn't the boss itself that is hard, it's those damn necromancers and skeletons that tend to swarm you depending on your build. My current build focuses on havel's shield....probably the worst build for that particular boss. With this build I learned the chariot's charge is unblockable, and the skeletons trap you in the little areas if you block. Much easier with a shieldless build.

Out of curiosity, why Havel's Shield? The Tower Shield is just as effective for general use and is considerably lighter.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-10-2015, 08:14 AM
(01-10-2015 08:07 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:03 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Ohh Nice! I've never used a bow on that boss, but I usually don't use bows except for poison. It isn't the boss itself that is hard, it's those damn necromancers and skeletons that tend to swarm you depending on your build. My current build focuses on havel's shield....probably the worst build for that particular boss. With this build I learned the chariot's charge is unblockable, and the skeletons trap you in the little areas if you block. Much easier with a shieldless build.

Out of curiosity, why Havel's Shield? The Tower Shield is just as effective for general use and is considerably lighter.
For the first half of the game I used only 2-handed havel's shield (offense and defense). It's super fun smashing pve with a fully upgraded shield bash or jumping attack. Does like 400+ damage. Plus I knew how to get havel's shield before I fought any bosses, so I was able to get the shield in the first 2 hours of the game and then spend the rest of the game enjoying it. I'm in endgame now so I'm using It a little less, but still using it.

Oh, and havel's can basically make any elemental attack useless if it is infused with it. Was fun to make several bosses completely unable to damage me.

01-10-2015, 08:24 AM
(01-10-2015 08:14 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:07 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Out of curiosity, why Havel's Shield? The Tower Shield is just as effective for general use and is considerably lighter.
For the first half of the game I used only 2-handed havel's shield (offense and defense). It's super fun smashing pve with a fully upgraded shield bash or jumping attack. Does like 400+ damage. Plus I knew how to get havel's shield before I fought any bosses, so I was able to get the shield in the first 2 hours of the game and then spend the rest of the game enjoying it. I'm in endgame now so I'm using It a little less, but still using it.

Oh, and havel's can basically make any elemental attack useless if it is infused with it. Was fun to make several bosses completely unable to damage me.

Makes sense. But I think Tower is a lot easier to get than Havel's..

01-10-2015, 08:30 AM
(01-10-2015 08:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:14 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  For the first half of the game I used only 2-handed havel's shield (offense and defense). It's super fun smashing pve with a fully upgraded shield bash or jumping attack. Does like 400+ damage. Plus I knew how to get havel's shield before I fought any bosses, so I was able to get the shield in the first 2 hours of the game and then spend the rest of the game enjoying it. I'm in endgame now so I'm using It a little less, but still using it.

Makes sense. But I think Tower is a lot easier to get than Havel's..
I'd rate them as equal. Getting past the dragon and Ornstein is about as annoying as the gutter early game. But I've memorized the gutter, so I can 10 minute that area without dying pretty easily, so it's just a matter of killing the giants, which is easy with projectiles and poison.

I think I considered the tower shield, but the higher damage and elem defense of havel's got me. Plus twinkling is more plentiful in scholar of the first sin than chunks (for my purposes). Since I'm not PvPing with this build, chunks are a bit rare. I got enough to finish my build though, thank goodness.