What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 08:35 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(01-10-2015 08:30 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Makes sense. But I think Tower is a lot easier to get than Havel's..
I'd rate them as equal. Getting past the dragon and Ornstein is about as annoying as the gutter early game. But I've memorized the gutter, so I can 10 minute that area without dying pretty easily, so it's just a matter of killing the giants, which is easy with projectiles and poison.

I think I considered the tower shield, but the higher damage and elem defense of havel's got me. Plus twinkling is more plentiful in scholar of the first sin than chunks (for my purposes). Since I'm not PvPing with this build, chunks are a bit rare. I got enough to finish my build though, thank goodness.

Have to be honest... I forgot about that damned dragon.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Playing Dragon Age Inquisition again, for a 4th run through. I downloaded the last two DLCs "The Descent" and "Trespasser" so I of course wanted to rerun through the game up to these last two campaigns with a new character to really max out the experience. I made a Qunari female lesbian mage for kicks Big Grin

I finished The Descent last night, going to start Trespasser today after homework Yes

Love this game.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
01-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Once gamestop has it's B2G1 free sale I will load up on preowned PS games. (I prefer console over PC for non-strategy games, even though I have a pimped out PC).

I at least want Witcher 3, Dragon age: inquisition and Until Dawn. I know I want some others, but the only titles that come to mind aren't released yet.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Fuck yeah, finally got my DSTwo flashcart I ordered almost a month ago. Time to catch up on all that DS gaming goodness!

[Image: P135_1.JPG]

First order of business? Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia!

[Image: 2219204-box_cvooe.png]!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-10-2015, 03:58 AM
Anybody on that Elite: Dangerous? I got an itch in my wallet...

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Skyrim, currently. Wandering around is my favorite way to start out, with a focus on Archery and Sneak. Will join the Dawnguard first. May be some stops along the way to raid some places.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
03-10-2015, 08:57 PM
(01-10-2015 07:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 07:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Need more cannon son.
Cannon wreck all.

I would love more cannon, but they aren't all that helpful in defence of cities, nor can I even afford them.

And in my experience, cannon do not wreck all; they aren't remotely effective against infantry. If the attacking regiment withstands the first volley of grapeshot then the defending artillery regiment is going to suffer greatly.

If the cavalry can close they will wreck the gunner's collective day.

Not to mention that unless they are carefully micromanaged they have an annoying tendency toward destroying allied guns while firing on fleeing or flanking units.

You are playing wrong if you utter the words "cannot do not wreck all".
They are especially effective against infantry, the whole point is to use them against infantry. And don't use grapeshot, just leave it on normal shot and pound the fucking shit out of them before their lines reach yours.

And yea if they get attacked by cavalry they'll die, but that's why you defend them... Attack their cavalry with your cavalry. Defend your flanks with infantry. Slap the cannons behind your troops or in between your troops near your center and wreck shop.

And it's not hard to micromanage them. They're usually my main focus of what I'm directing, expect cavalry. My infantry tend to be pretty autonomous except when they're about to break or chase when I don't want them too, or I need to adjust their direction.

And cannon are very effective on defense, they shine while defending actually because you don't need to move them.
I mean yea not so much with cities and forts, walls and all (though mortars on the other hand... *salivate*), but the walls do have cannons you should take advantage of.

Honestly, cannons wreck. You can route units of line infantry before they even reach your troops/walls. You can kill their leader before they even reach you. One good hit and their goes 1/3rd of a line infantrys units. Use them. Love them. They will greatly increase your winning percentage and you'll soon be like "holy shit, why the fuck did I not use these earlier?".
There's a reason they're so fucking expensive.

Oh, tip though, in my opinion the horse pulled ones are best. The demi-god ones you can't move can be a pain in the ass if you're on the attack.

Quote:Ohh Nice! I've never used a bow on that boss, but I usually don't use bows except for poison.

I imagine the only reason why anyone ever uses a bow on that game is for poison.

Quote:It isn't the boss itself that is hard, it's those damn necromancers and skeletons that tend to swarm you depending on your build. My current build focuses on havel's shield....probably the worst build for that particular boss.

My build is a magic build. I have a halberd (can't for the life of me think of the name of it) in my left hand and a staff in my right. You thought your build was bad for this boss...

Quote:With this build I learned the chariot's charge is unblockable, and the skeletons trap you in the little areas if you block. Much easier with a shieldless build.

Tots disagree. First time I did it was on my old save while was a havel/greatsword build. Soooooo much easier.

Quote:Out of curiosity, why Havel's Shield? The Tower Shield is just as effective for general use and is considerably lighter.

Havel's shield is heavier than tower shield and has better poise (or stability, one of those stats). So it consumes less energy when you block a hit.

Quote:Makes sense. But I think Tower is a lot easier to get than Havel's..

As soon as you're in Manjula and have like 12k souls, you can get Havel's shield.
Those giants die very very easily poison arrows and hiding in the cave where they can't get you.

[Image: oscar.png]
05-10-2015, 04:54 AM
(03-10-2015 08:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You are playing wrong if you utter the words "cannot do not wreck all".
They are especially effective against infantry, the whole point is to use them against infantry. And don't use grapeshot, just leave it on normal shot and pound the fucking shit out of them before their lines reach yours.

How many cannon regiments do you usually have firing on a single Line, exactly? My usual 2-4 12/24 pound regiments rarely -if ever- manage to route decent Line Regiments with round-shot alone (Ottoman, Russian, and Indian trash not counted). Hell, Lines tend to not take many casualties from cannon fire anyway, continuous or otherwise.

However, I can always get Cavalry regiments to route with a few volleys (volley number depends on how many balls hit their mark); they fall easily to cannon fire.

(03-10-2015 08:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And yea if they get attacked by cavalry they'll die, but that's why you defend them... Attack their cavalry with your cavalry. Defend your flanks with infantry. Slap the cannons behind your troops or in between your troops near your center and wreck shop.

I do keep my guns defended, though more often than not they don't need it. The only things that remotely threaten them are enemy cannons and cavalry units, both of which are always accounted for; my guns clean up the enemy cavalry and my own horsemen take out the guns.
Meanwhile my infantry is almost always handling the hostile Lines far better than my cannoneers could dream.

(03-10-2015 08:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And it's not hard to micromanage them. They're usually my main focus of what I'm directing, expect cavalry. My infantry tend to be pretty autonomous except when they're about to break or chase when I don't want them too, or I need to adjust their direction.

My micro is split between my guns and my cavalry; keeping the guns on the right targets and my cavalry out of engagements. Of course, my cav tend to need a lot more of my focus since I send them behind hostile lines to deal with artillery and keep the fleeing dogs from getting back into the fight.

This of course leads my guns often finding their own targets (frequently in the form of units fleeing past my flank), turning to fire on them and blowing the regiment next to them to hell.

(03-10-2015 08:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And cannon are very effective on defense, they shine while defending actually because you don't need to move them.
I mean yea not so much with cities and forts, walls and all (though mortars on the other hand... *salivate*), but the walls do have cannons you should take advantage of.

As a person who always contrives to fight on the defensive, I realise they are useful on defence, but as you noted, they aren't so good with city defence which is my current main battlefield. You know, the whole dronwing in unit-based debt thanks to the having all the enemies thing I've got going on.

And I am well aware of the wall-mounted guns. Now if you could tell my units about them, that'd be great.

(03-10-2015 08:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Honestly, cannons wreck. You can route units of line infantry before they even reach your troops/walls. You can kill their leader before they even reach you. One good hit and their goes 1/3rd of a line infantrys units. Use them. Love them. They will greatly increase your winning percentage and you'll soon be like "holy shit, why the fuck did I not use these earlier?".
There's a reason they're so fucking expensive.

Oh, tip though, in my opinion the horse pulled ones are best. The demi-god ones you can't move can be a pain in the ass if you're on the attack.

One good hit takes out a third of a Line? I'll have to see it for myself, because I've witnessed hundreds of volleys hitting Line regiments directly and I've never seen such casualties inflicted by round-shot, even from 4 full 24-pound regiments (that's direct hits from 12 guns all at once on a single regiment) and I've never seen anything remotely close to that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Been playing Dark Souls, Minecraft, Terraria, and Borderlands Pre-Sequel lately. Good games, all!

Just got past Tomb of the Giants. That was intense! And then the Abyss fight, but that was pretty easy. Running a mostly dex-based character with a bow and the Iaito. Working on getting that to +15. That thing is deadly, so far. Fun game!
05-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Elite Dangerous + Oculus Rift DK2. My life is complete.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post