What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 09:44 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(05-10-2015 08:47 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Elite Dangerous + Oculus Rift DK2. My life is complete.

Me and my spawn are playing that. We failed the training. Who knew you could warp into the Sun?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 09:45 PM
(05-10-2015 09:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 08:47 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Elite Dangerous + Oculus Rift DK2. My life is complete.

Me and my spawn are playing that. We failed the training. Who knew you could warp into the Sun?

Yeah I got too close last night and got heat damage to my ship. Thankfully I had just smuggled goods and made a bunch of money so I could repair it.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
05-10-2015, 09:50 PM
(05-10-2015 09:45 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 09:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Me and my spawn are playing that. We failed the training. Who knew you could warp into the Sun?

Yeah I got too close last night and got heat damage to my ship. Thankfully I had just smuggled goods and made a bunch of money so I could repair it.

Mofo now wants an oculus, 350?

05-10-2015, 09:53 PM
(05-10-2015 09:50 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 09:45 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Yeah I got too close last night and got heat damage to my ship. Thankfully I had just smuggled goods and made a bunch of money so I could repair it.

Mofo now wants an oculus, 350?

For a developer kit. Which I'm actually using to make stuff as well. However, if you don't want the clunky and not so effective interface of the developer software hold out till they launch the consumer version which should be around Q1 of this coming year.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
05-10-2015, 10:00 PM
(05-10-2015 09:53 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 09:50 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Mofo now wants an oculus, 350?

For a developer kit. Which I'm actually using to make stuff as well. However, if you don't want the clunky and not so effective interface of the developer software hold out till they launch the consumer version which should be around Q1 of this coming year.

Roger wilco.

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-10-2015, 01:14 AM
(05-10-2015 10:00 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 09:53 PM)Logisch Wrote:  For a developer kit. Which I'm actually using to make stuff as well. However, if you don't want the clunky and not so effective interface of the developer software hold out till they launch the consumer version which should be around Q1 of this coming year.

Roger wilco.

Plus there's that HTC Vive that is being developed in conjunction with Valve (yeah, the guys who run Steam).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-10-2015, 06:17 AM
That game is so freakin' complicated. Tongue

I'm going to have to do a bunch of reading before trying that again. Being cocked off my rock sure didn't help either. Blush

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Booyah! Tongue

[Image: 6C1E075D90CAEB13A3AA9B2E3B8E852CE32D59A6]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-10-2015, 03:44 PM
(06-10-2015 01:37 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Booyah! Tongue

[Image: 6C1E075D90CAEB13A3AA9B2E3B8E852CE32D59A6]

Nice.

[Image: oscar.png]
06-10-2015, 04:50 PM
(06-10-2015 01:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 10:00 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Roger wilco.

Plus there's that HTC Vive that is being developed in conjunction with Valve (yeah, the guys who run Steam).

There are pros and cons to each headset. In a nutshell the consensus has basically been:

Rift = magnetronic sensors with gyroscopic sensors make it very accurate, adding the tracking is accurate and the picture is fantastic. The adjustment for the head is kind of annoying, and while I get better clarity on len set #2, it hurts my eyes. Lens set #1 gets along with me better but seems a bit less "natural" for immersion factor.

Vive = Laser accuracy due to the beacon tech and flexibility for new controllers, very very precise, slightly different resolution, supposedly, have yet to use one though.

FOVE = All over the place and just kind of a concept right now with no real solid working examples for devs yet. Neat concept for some things but aiming with eyes seems kinda crappy IMO. The headset mounting looks more solid, but also potentially ergonomically odd to me.

Thus far a few games have really nailed it in first person. HL2 and Ark Survival are impressive because they allow independent control of the cursor through the mouse, while the headset only controls the head (just like in real life). Games that force you to aim with the headset are retarded and the devs need to realize this is a stupid concept.

HL2 in VR is incredible and VR changes the game entirely. I read from many people that VR will "never have a competitive place in the first person shooter market" back when people were using VR headset aiming, and I agreed at that, until people FINALLY figured out how to make the arms/cursor separate from the headset while the headset controls the view. Now with motion tracking it changes the game.

So far though, with the 0.6 beta release, the tracking is "OKAY" with the rift. I want to get my hands on the Vive and see how accurate the laser tracking is since it allows free room movement with the beacons. Supposedly 0.7 for the rift has fixed the motion tracking, but it also removed the "extended mode" from the rift, which a lot of games used, so it also has completely effed up being able to be used with some games.

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post