What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 09:09 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(31-01-2014 08:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You can get away with just the base game. There's only one DLC at the moment, but it's a paradox game so a thousand more will follow.
They've already announced the next one. You might like to start with EU3, you can probably get that and all it's expansions cheap. I wouldn't know much it costs though.

Just a heads up though, there is a steep learning curve.

not like eve online I hope, every time I start that game I wake up next morning with QWERTY embossed in my forehead and the tutorial only 50% complete.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
31-01-2014, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2014 04:45 PM by Noelani.)
The last game that I finished was Journey. It was a fun game. I really enjoyed the music, the art, and the physics of the game.

Also this game[Image: 33z60e9.jpg]
31-01-2014, 02:16 PM
(31-01-2014 09:09 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 08:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You can get away with just the base game. There's only one DLC at the moment, but it's a paradox game so a thousand more will follow.
They've already announced the next one. You might like to start with EU3, you can probably get that and all it's expansions cheap. I wouldn't know much it costs though.

not like eve online I hope, every time I start that game I wake up next morning with QWERTY embossed in my forehead and the tutorial only 50% complete.

Lol, never played EVE Online so I dunno.

You can breeze through the tutorials (plural) pretty quickly.
Weather you then understand what you supposedly just learned is the real issue though. Tongue
31-01-2014, 04:01 PM
What are you playing?
(31-01-2014 09:09 AM)sporehux Wrote:  

I have yet to play a game that can match or exceed EVE's steep learning curve. One problem it has is that it's learning curve is not only the result of the game's design, but also of the player base's tendencies. You're learning both a game and how to survive in a new culture at the same time.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
31-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Started playing Rome 2 again, but will do a new Skyrim season soon.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
01-02-2014, 02:57 AM
(31-01-2014 04:01 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 09:09 AM)sporehux Wrote:  not like eve online I hope, every time I start that game I wake up next morning with QWERTY embossed in my forehead and the tutorial only 50% complete.

I have yet to play a game that can match or exceed EVE's steep learning curve. One problem it has is that it's learning curve is not only the result of the game's design, but also of the player base's tendencies. You're learning both a game and how to survive in a new culture at the same time.

I've herd a lot of bad things about EVE. I don't know if they're true or not, obviously.
It's a pity, EVE seems like it'd be my sort of game. Also a pity they charge for it.
Sucks when I can't just pirate games. Tongue

When I think EVE I think of a story I read/herd about the top ranked player getting backstabbed by his second in commands who killed and destroyed everything of his (in game) while he slept.

Here's my Commonwealth save 50years later.
I put it in diplomacy map view so you can see my empire better.
I'm the green, my vassal nations (nations under my control) are in teal.
And blue in the middle of Germany is Austria, they're blue because they're my (useless) allies.

My Empire has become very bitsy. I started pushing east, taking some land, along the border of Muscovy (Russia) whom has become so large they stretch from my border all the way to China. I still can't attack them due to their allies.
The Ottomans became very powerful with a very short amount of space while I was focused east. So they're now annoying strong. But I managed to take some land from the Mamelukes while everyone else (Iraq, Persia, Ottomans) was attacking them also. So now I control from Jerusalem to Tunisia.
The possibility of expanding into the rest of Europe is still an impossibility. France's troops are far superior to mine and seem to be allied with everyone (including Hungary, annoyingly).
I had planned on pushing south east into India but the Timurids block the way whom are allied with the Ottomans who I can't beat without help, BUT Austria wont join a war with me because they're bankrupt. I'm seriously considering dropping Austria as my main ally and making either France or Spain (likely France so they can help me attack Germany) my main ally. Both are Catholic and view me favorably because I'm also Catholic and I'm far enough away that I don't pose a threat to them, so allying should be easy.
For the time being I'm going to push down to the Red Sea and push either down to Ethiopia or across to Persia (and then India)
[Image: eu4_25.png]
01-02-2014, 03:37 AM
What are you playing?
I've played EVE on and off for a while now. At its core it's a wild frontier game, not unlike Ultimate Online in its heyday. The developers don't seem to care about broadening its audience, so they have designed a game that seems to promote lawlessness (or at least reward it). This makes for a very hostile environment for newcomers, a fact which makes the regulars proud. Everyone I complained to about this in-game basically told me I was weak and should go play something else or suck it up.

I never felt very welcome in EVE. But I think a better reason why I no longer play is because I crave a detailed environment that can give a sense of exploration and adventure. I suppose some people can get that sense without land to traverse, but apparently I don't do so well in space. EVE feels darker and more desolate than any virtual landscape I have ever traveled. The cold, eerie soundtrack amplifies the effect. The last couple times I tried to pick it up again the oppressive isolation started getting to me. Perhaps I need trees or even just land (no problems playing Fallout 3).

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
01-02-2014, 03:45 AM
Just starting tp DL EU4 now, its pretty small 600MB

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
01-02-2014, 09:18 PM
K, I admit - I'm a WoW'er. Aerie Peak US realm, four lvl 90's (but no raid content), a couple of toon ~80 (is it a bad sign if WASD is worn off your keyboard?). I also do some Diablo 3. Other than that, Minecraft consumes some of my time. All fairly addictive IMHO...

Swede, atheist, dad, amateur astronomer, aspiring drummer...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes MickO's post
02-02-2014, 01:54 AM
Super confused and want your money back yet Spore?