What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(15-10-2015 02:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 02:15 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  this weekend I'm buying heavensward because my friends want to drag me back into the grindy hellscape that is ffxiv

/diesmore

/dieinside

Tongue

just let me rot in hell, mom Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
15-10-2015, 02:35 AM
(15-10-2015 02:22 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 02:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  /dieinside

Tongue

just let me rot in hell, mom Weeping

Hell is reserved for TERA lolicons. Rolleyes

[Image: tera_elin_and_popori_wallpaper_by_rendermax-d3bllso.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2015, 04:00 AM
I got my stick to work, and I managed to scrounge enough for a new ship - and now I'm scairt. 'Cause the big meanies are gonna blast my new ship to smithereens and I'll be out 80K. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-10-2015, 04:19 AM
(15-10-2015 04:00 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I got my stick to work, and I managed to scrounge enough for a new ship - and now I'm scairt. 'Cause the big meanies are gonna blast my new ship to smithereens and I'll be out 80K. Tongue

Get insurance? Consider

I know Konami is all over that shit... Dodgy

#Fuckonami

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2015, 04:44 AM
(15-10-2015 04:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:00 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I got my stick to work, and I managed to scrounge enough for a new ship - and now I'm scairt. 'Cause the big meanies are gonna blast my new ship to smithereens and I'll be out 80K. Tongue

Get insurance? Consider

I know Konami is all over that shit... Dodgy

#Fuckonami

Laugh out load

There's like automatic insurance, I think. I'll be back on it soon, then I'll know. Of course it would help if I didn't suck. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-10-2015, 04:50 AM
(15-10-2015 04:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Of course it would help if I didn't suck. Big Grin

Well, there is always that. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2015, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 06:38 AM by Free Thought.)
I just dabbled in S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl.

To say the game has me vexed may be an understatement... I understand the game design decision to not give the player a powerful weapon from the start, but being given something would have been nice. You know, a gun that can compete with the enemies in the immediate area maybe?
Well, to be fair, I did get this shitty little pistol that seems to do virtually no damage, regardless of where I shoot. So technically it is a something.

When I've a few more hours in I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. If I can get past the damn crouching control...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-10-2015, 06:34 AM
Is there anyone that used to play Starport Galactic Empire? I used to be addicted to it years ago, before it got ruined.
15-10-2015, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 07:56 AM by Adrianime.)
(14-10-2015 10:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It adds difficulty I think but it would also just promote people googling the best builds.
Plus not everyone has a ton of time to pump into a game to do several playthroughs to try out all the different styles.

In most RPGs you pick a class anyway so you're already locked in that way and allowing respec just lets you play that class differently.

I dunno for Dark Souls. I'm probably bias though, I like to be able to change it up occasionally. Stops things getting stale.
I get the convenience of it totally. It just takes away from the experience of building a character. You are correct in that people will just google the best builds. This game would be ideal in a pre-internet era. I just don't think games need to be quite *that* convenient. Imagine if in skyrim/oblivion if they let you take your archery points and push them into 2 handed (I guess the prestige type system allows you to reallocate skill points, but at least you have to earn it by maxing out a skill)...I mean does it make any sense? In final fantasy if they let you move your health down and your damage up? It's just...too easy IMO. I think the feeling of permanence when you make a leveling choice should mean something. Like, "hey I'm customizing/building this character to match my vision."

But alas, everybody is different. That's just my perspective.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
15-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Sure I get that, but there is also the option that you yourself don't have to respec...

[Image: oscar.png]