What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(15-10-2015 02:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 02:15 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  this weekend I'm buying heavensward because my friends want to drag me back into the grindy hellscape that is ffxiv

/diesmore

/dieinside

Tongue

just let me rot in hell, mom Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
15-10-2015, 02:35 AM
(15-10-2015 02:22 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 02:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  /dieinside

Tongue

just let me rot in hell, mom Weeping

Hell is reserved for TERA lolicons. Rolleyes

[Image: tera_elin_and_popori_wallpaper_by_rendermax-d3bllso.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2015, 04:00 AM
I got my stick to work, and I managed to scrounge enough for a new ship - and now I'm scairt. 'Cause the big meanies are gonna blast my new ship to smithereens and I'll be out 80K. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-10-2015, 04:19 AM
(15-10-2015 04:00 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I got my stick to work, and I managed to scrounge enough for a new ship - and now I'm scairt. 'Cause the big meanies are gonna blast my new ship to smithereens and I'll be out 80K. Tongue

Get insurance? Consider

I know Konami is all over that shit... Dodgy

#Fuckonami

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2015, 04:44 AM
(15-10-2015 04:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:00 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I got my stick to work, and I managed to scrounge enough for a new ship - and now I'm scairt. 'Cause the big meanies are gonna blast my new ship to smithereens and I'll be out 80K. Tongue

Get insurance? Consider

I know Konami is all over that shit... Dodgy

#Fuckonami

Laugh out load

There's like automatic insurance, I think. I'll be back on it soon, then I'll know. Of course it would help if I didn't suck. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-10-2015, 04:50 AM
(15-10-2015 04:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Of course it would help if I didn't suck. Big Grin

Well, there is always that. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2015, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 06:38 AM by Free Thought.)
I just dabbled in S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl.

To say the game has me vexed may be an understatement... I understand the game design decision to not give the player a powerful weapon from the start, but being given something would have been nice. You know, a gun that can compete with the enemies in the immediate area maybe?
Well, to be fair, I did get this shitty little pistol that seems to do virtually no damage, regardless of where I shoot. So technically it is a something.

When I've a few more hours in I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. If I can get past the damn crouching control...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-10-2015, 06:34 AM
Is there anyone that used to play Starport Galactic Empire? I used to be addicted to it years ago, before it got ruined.
15-10-2015, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 07:56 AM by Adrianime.)
(14-10-2015 10:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It adds difficulty I think but it would also just promote people googling the best builds.
Plus not everyone has a ton of time to pump into a game to do several playthroughs to try out all the different styles.

In most RPGs you pick a class anyway so you're already locked in that way and allowing respec just lets you play that class differently.

I dunno for Dark Souls. I'm probably bias though, I like to be able to change it up occasionally. Stops things getting stale.
I get the convenience of it totally. It just takes away from the experience of building a character. You are correct in that people will just google the best builds. This game would be ideal in a pre-internet era. I just don't think games need to be quite *that* convenient. Imagine if in skyrim/oblivion if they let you take your archery points and push them into 2 handed (I guess the prestige type system allows you to reallocate skill points, but at least you have to earn it by maxing out a skill)...I mean does it make any sense? In final fantasy if they let you move your health down and your damage up? It's just...too easy IMO. I think the feeling of permanence when you make a leveling choice should mean something. Like, "hey I'm customizing/building this character to match my vision."

But alas, everybody is different. That's just my perspective.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
15-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Sure I get that, but there is also the option that you yourself don't have to respec...

[Image: oscar.png]