What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 10:20 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(15-10-2015 10:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 06:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  From a historical standpoint the American Civil war is interesting because it was the first "Modern War" using mechanical multi-shot weapons and all of the advances of the 18th century. The European commanders would have been much better served had they studied the American Civil war rather than the Napoleonic wars pre-WW1.

I didn't say it wasn't interesting, it certainly is an interesting historical topic. I mean it's when we saw ironclads being properly introduced which really changed the way naval combat was heading. Lots of new innovations and technologies.

I just think the Napoleonic wars are more interesting. The politics are better, the uniforms are better (I mean comon, no argument here really), the battles were better. Napoleon was a motherfucking military genius. It was like the peak of that style of warfare, the land combat and the naval combat all intertwining with an extremely interesting political period in history. I dunno, IMO it is just a more interesting war. Oh and besides, European history > USA history.

Well, the Civil War certainly was less morally ambiguous. The "rights" referred to in that game's title was the right to own other human beings, a right they'd commit treason to protect. What a bunch of fucked in the head assholes...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 10:58 PM
I do enjoy how the US won that and has held the confederates against their will ever since and have forced them to accept things like racial equality, women aloud to vote and other modern things. *evil laugh*

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-10-2015, 12:56 AM
I just played the game, Actual Sunlight. Not yet sure if it was the worst or best thing to play at a point like this. It's a "game" that actually made me feel things. Though it's more I guess I'll throw out the term "experience simulator" like folks say as it is just a walk around experience the story and no gameplay game.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-10-2015, 06:07 AM
The automagic insurance says five k for a replacement. Noticed after blowing my wad on mining gear, leaving me with 3k. Can't find a job. Gotta go learn how to mine. But the stick's working. The new ship - Adder - a lot better than than the n00b Sidewinder, and peeps may be less likely to fuck with me now that I'm not obviously a fucking n00b. Big Grin

So well after forty hours I can safely recommend Elite: Dangerous, especially if yer into kick-back space exploring and trading. Wink

I'm sure you can go looking for trouble or accept frisky missions to make it less kick-back. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2015, 07:06 AM
You're making me wanna fire up x3 again HoC Dodgy .
As if I don't have enough shit that needs playing as is..

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-10-2015, 07:09 AM
(15-10-2015 07:13 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:53 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I just found an FPS Civil War era game that has the most realistic reload ever. it's not out yet but on a kickstarter campaign. I can imagine so much rage in multiplayer.

... I kinda want to see game-play footage of this game where two entire teams (does it work like that?) are formed up like regiments of Line firing at each other in volleys...

Yeah, and then hackers will kill it like they ruined Call of Duty. So, they will move at high speed and also have automatic weapons. Won't be much point in playing for very long.
16-10-2015, 11:58 AM
(15-10-2015 08:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sure I get that, but there is also the option that you yourself don't have to respec...
Yeah, that's completely true. I don't like having to impose limitations on my use of a game's systems/features though. In Skyrim, for instance, to make it fun I basically had to either give up smith/enchanting, or ONLY smith/enchant with material that was picked up in dungeons. Otherwise your character becomes OP and you just walk around in god mode taking out everything that moves (even on legendary).
*sidenote: playing skyrim without fast travel is actually very rewarding*

One of the reasons I loved dark souls 1 is because there was almost no way to become universally OP (on NG). In DS2 you can respec when you realize your build won't get you through area X easily, and change to a build that makes an area trivial.

I get you can *choose* not to, but I dunno. I guess I am really just being stubborn haha. Dark Souls really captured much of what I thought an ideal action RPG ought to be like. Dark Souls 2, to me, kept 40% the same, improved 10%, and for the final 50% just threw in a bunch of confusing decisions that either didn't help, or definitely hurt the overall experience IMO. Soul Vessels is one of those things I consider straying from the ideal path. The story of your character's development means nothing if you can change the outcome to anything you want, regardless of your choices throughout gameplay.

Hoping they don't return in full in DS3. Although I heard there will be some respec mechanism. If it does return, I hope it's almost a sidequest item that requires a good percentage of game completion, and limited to 1 per playthrough (basically it all comes down to your decisions having consequences to me).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
17-10-2015, 06:06 AM
I died. Sadcryface2

Fortunately I scored a couple of jobs first, and figured out the mining bit. Today I'm prolly gonna fly my ship way out into the void were hopefully there's less trolls. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2015, 07:58 AM
Playing Far Cry 3, a vehicle full of enemies drove into the water committing suicide. they must have felt bad for being pirates.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-10-2015, 08:38 AM
In less than a month I'll be playing Fallout 4!!!
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post