What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: What are you playing?
I completed Life is Strange last night.

Top game of 2015 for me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 11:45 AM
[Image: 976f730464c8b3edad35621e912d6e3c.jpg]
Very cool Action RPG game in the spirit of Secret of Mana. The Artwork and Voice Acting are both top tier and the gameplay is smooth. Currently on sale for all of $2.99 US I 100% recommend picking it up. 1 note if you have a USB controller it helps a lot with the platforming.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-11-2015, 11:49 AM
SC2 LotV!!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
13-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Halo 5 multiplayer (because best multiplayer ever), Fallout 4, Cities Skylines and EU4 (because new expansion on the 1st).

Here's my city in Cities Skylines thus far. This game is really good, it's a far better version on Sim City. It's like Paradox went "you know Sim City? Lets just do that but better". Not sure it tops Cities XL though. Consider

I think I clicked European style though thus no highrise buildings. I'm not too fussed though, I like the old styled apartments. Farms in front. Commercial CBD top left. Rest is pretty much suburbs.

[Image: 2015_11_14_00001.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-11-2015, 08:21 AM
(10-11-2015 06:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I completed Life is Strange last night.

Top game of 2015 for me.

Really? I quit like 30 mins in. I got too pissed off from not having the ability to tell people to fuck off. I get that you're supposed to use your powers to solve situations, but I don't find it satisfying. If some some dumb bitch blocks my path to get up to my dorm, I don't want to use super powers, I just want to say "Get out of my way or I'll beat the white rich kid out of you". I also get that you're playing as "weak" character, but goddamn, I could tell people to fuck off in The Walking Dead: Season 2, and there you play as an 11-year old.

The whole game was made for people who love to quicksave and correct their issues if they said something wrong in a speech check dialouge, rather it be Bioware or Bethesda. I'm not sure if I want to play a whole game based on that.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
19-11-2015, 03:52 PM
(19-11-2015 08:21 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I completed Life is Strange last night.

Top game of 2015 for me.

Really? I quit like 30 mins in. I got too pissed off from not having the ability to tell people to fuck off. I get that you're supposed to use your powers to solve situations, but I don't find it satisfying. If some some dumb bitch blocks my path to get up to my dorm, I don't want to use super powers, I just want to say "Get out of my way or I'll beat the white rich kid out of you". I also get that you're playing as "weak" character, but goddamn, I could tell people to fuck off in The Walking Dead: Season 2, and there you play as an 11-year old.

The whole game was made for people who love to quicksave and correct their issues if they said something wrong in a speech check dialouge, rather it be Bioware or Bethesda. I'm not sure if I want to play a whole game based on that.

Complains about a game being shit because characters get in the way and don't move.

Gives Fallout 4 11/10.
><

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
19-11-2015, 04:10 PM
(19-11-2015 03:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 08:21 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Really? I quit like 30 mins in. I got too pissed off from not having the ability to tell people to fuck off. I get that you're supposed to use your powers to solve situations, but I don't find it satisfying. If some some dumb bitch blocks my path to get up to my dorm, I don't want to use super powers, I just want to say "Get out of my way or I'll beat the white rich kid out of you". I also get that you're playing as "weak" character, but goddamn, I could tell people to fuck off in The Walking Dead: Season 2, and there you play as an 11-year old.

Complains about a game being shit because characters get in the way and don't move.

Gives Fallout 4 11/10.
><

19-11-2015, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2015 04:56 PM by Free Thought.)
(19-11-2015 08:21 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

Top game of 2015 for me.

Is it fair for me to say Halo is bad because the Chief isn't as bad-ass as 40K: Space Marines' Captain Titus? Or it's bad because Chief can't say 'fuck all a y'all' and just walk out on everyone?

Also, no the game isn't built for quick-saving. It's built for the god-damned narrative.
Your characterisation of it is bullshit. As somebody who actually played the game, I can say that with the assurance of experience. You can redo your immediate decisions, but you can't see the long-standing fallout and just pop back in time and see the difference like you could with quick-save.
Furthermore, the game doesn't even have a quick-save option.

I'm not saying the game doesn't have problems, it most assuredly does, but nothing you said are problems with the game.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-11-2015, 05:24 PM
(19-11-2015 04:52 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Is it fair for me to say Halo is bad because the Chief isn't as bad-ass as 40K: Space Marines' Captain Titus? Or it's bad because Chief can't say 'fuck all a y'all' and just walk out on everyone?

(19-11-2015 04:52 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Also, no the game isn't built for quick-saving. It's built for the god-damned narrative.
Your characterisation of it is bullshit. As somebody who actually played the game, I can say that with the assurance of experience. You can redo your immediate decisions, but you can't see the long-standing fallout and just pop back in time and see the difference like you could with quick-save.
Furthermore, the game doesn't even have a quick-save option.

Jeeze dude, calm down. I don't get mad at you for insulting pro-wrestling at every time I pull it up. What can I say; the narrative annoyed me. For example: The rich kid in class insults me for not having the right answer when asked, like she spends time bulling me. I expected to have the choice to tell her to go fuck herself with a pencil shapener. I couldn't do that. The teatcher also didn't react. As a person that has had a little shit here and there on my own at school, I found that annoying, and a little close to heart. In games similar to this, like the Telltale games (Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us), I could respond to insults like this if I felt like it, but that's not the way the narrative or character acts in this game. This leads to me not being in full control of my character, which doesn't resonate with me at all, atleast not in a narrative driven game. Now you could enact payback on the bratty rich kid with that paint thing, and after I drenched her in paint, then I was given the option to tell her to fuck off (if I wanted to).

I made it as far as the bathroom incident. I walked up to the principal and wanted to report that guy for what he did. Then I encounted one of the most annoying recurring plot devices I know: "Jerk has rich parents, therefore he is free of any suspicion, for any accusation". In the US, in that day and age, and for that accusation... no, not buying it. That was right around where I quit the game, maybe because I had a headache or something, and getting used to the butterfly effect idea of the game wasn't appealing or helping at the time.

So there you have the whole reason why I uninstalled the game I bought at a sale for 7 dollars or something. That was also why I didn't get overly mad on it either (dispite being "pissed" at it), just another summersale game I won't touch in the near future. I might play it again when I get used to the butterfly effect idea of the game.

So there you go man, and hope you didn't get rigorously mad at me for at first amateurishly criticizing a game you like, and I genuinely mean that. I hate fighting with you, and if I pissed you off, sorry.

19-11-2015, 05:46 PM
(19-11-2015 04:52 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm not saying the game doesn't have problems, it most assuredly does, but nothing you said are problems with the game.

I am aware of that, and I never said the game was a piece of shit; it's a matter of preference, over story and gameplay elements. You think my personal preferences about Life is Strange is a load of hogwash, and that's ok. Problem solved.