What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Currently playing:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D--finishing this game off since I stopped at world 7. Currently at world 8.
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon--it's november. I need my pokefix :<
Mario Kart 8--Dad loves this game, so we've been playing it a lot over thanksgiving break while I have my Wii U with em.
Hyrule Warriors--Still working on this game and probably indefinitely. Trying to get a good grind spot in Master Quest map so I can get over the great grinding hurdle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ZoraPrime's post
28-11-2015, 06:02 AM
Just bought a Codemasters studio bundle so getting into Grid 2, Overlords, and Operation Flashpoint.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-11-2015, 06:03 AM
Wondering if I should buy FaceRig so that can scare the living shit out of my friends with super creepy furry characters

[Image: 1338176afb0aa2a8fe7ca1db7c95e5f0.png]
[Image: aa81e11ea42539a3420018c68c7d45b9.png]

[Image: latest?cb=20130707145520]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
01-12-2015, 12:53 AM
Man, fuck this game.

[Image: castlevania-order-4e260e5c0a322.jpg]

I love it, but the boss battles are so fucking hard. I have about twice as much game time as my save file says, mainly because of getting killed over and over again by the bosses.

Still, it was great to see the art return to it's Gothic roots after the last two went all anime.

[Image: latest?cb=20140802003013]

[Image: latest?cb=20140923133940]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-12-2015, 02:35 PM
The new EU4 DLC once it's finished downloading.
God damn it, why did I agree to work tonight?
06-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Pillars of Eternity.

Amazingly great game. Takes me back to my Baldur's Gate days.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-12-2015, 01:03 AM
Still chugging away at Fallout 4. Started a new character, and this time added in two small mods.

I'm playing on Survival hardness, which in addition to making healing operate very slowly (so that it's far less useful to heal in the middle of a fight, meaning you have to be more careful about not getting hit in the first place) and making radiation damage far more powerful (irradiated barrels spew out 10~20 rads instead of 1~2, swimming in water douses you in severe radiation). Now in addition to all this, the game also ramps up enemy damage and lowers your own damage output. To be precise, enemies do twice as much damage to you, and you only deal half as much damage as you would otherwise.

Well, the two mods I have change this a bit. The first one rebalances the damage on Survival, doubling my damage to match that of the NPC's. This means that I still can't heal my way out of a fight gone wrong, and a good grenade can still kill me in a single hit, but now I don't feel like I'm taking a spitball into a gun fight. It makes the effective health pools much smaller on both sides, turning gun fights into much quicker and deadlier affairs (for both sides) than they were on Normal.

The other mod changes the combat XP rewards and scales them based on difficulty, with Survival getting a 65% boost in XP for combat kills.

I'm really liking the game balance a lot more. I've died a whole lot more than I did on Normal (I can easily get 2-shot killed by a Mirelurk), but I'm also leveling up way faster and finding better loot (Legendary mobs spawn more frequently on harder settings). Fights can be really intense if things go wrong, but now the stealth is even more tense because of how much more lethal a stand-up fight is. But my increased damage also means that if I'm smart with how I handle a fight and don't leave myself open, it's possible to quickly eliminate individual threats before I get surrounded. But once again, a single fuck up (often in the form of a well placed grenade) is all it takes to force a reload.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-12-2015, 07:07 AM
Quote:Now in addition to all this, the game also ramps up enemy damage and lowers your own damage output. To be precise, enemies do twice as much damage to you, and you only deal half as much damage as you would otherwise.

Stealth/crit build?
07-12-2015, 01:46 PM
So apperently, Fallout 4's patch 1.2 actually disables unrecognized ESP files when booting up the launcher. To anyone who is pulling their hair out after this patch; it is not a bug with NMM, but Bethesda either going Electronic Arts on them or just another bug due to the patch. Regardless, here's the fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comment...7_pc_beta/

It's stupidly annoying to enable the mods every time, but atleast there is a work around to it.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
07-12-2015, 02:03 PM
(07-12-2015 01:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Still chugging away at Fallout 4. Started a new character, and this time added in two small mods.

I'm playing on Survival hardness, which in addition to making healing operate very slowly (so that it's far less useful to heal in the middle of a fight, meaning you have to be more careful about not getting hit in the first place) and making radiation damage far more powerful (irradiated barrels spew out 10~20 rads instead of 1~2, swimming in water douses you in severe radiation). Now in addition to all this, the game also ramps up enemy damage and lowers your own damage output. To be precise, enemies do twice as much damage to you, and you only deal half as much damage as you would otherwise.

Well, the two mods I have change this a bit. The first one rebalances the damage on Survival, doubling my damage to match that of the NPC's. This means that I still can't heal my way out of a fight gone wrong, and a good grenade can still kill me in a single hit, but now I don't feel like I'm taking a spitball into a gun fight. It makes the effective health pools much smaller on both sides, turning gun fights into much quicker and deadlier affairs (for both sides) than they were on Normal.

The other mod changes the combat XP rewards and scales them based on difficulty, with Survival getting a 65% boost in XP for combat kills.

I'm really liking the game balance a lot more. I've died a whole lot more than I did on Normal (I can easily get 2-shot killed by a Mirelurk), but I'm also leveling up way faster and finding better loot (Legendary mobs spawn more frequently on harder settings). Fights can be really intense if things go wrong, but now the stealth is even more tense because of how much more lethal a stand-up fight is. But my increased damage also means that if I'm smart with how I handle a fight and don't leave myself open, it's possible to quickly eliminate individual threats before I get surrounded. But once again, a single fuck up (often in the form of a well placed grenade) is all it takes to force a reload.

That sounds pretty good. I tried to play on the hardest difficulty, but the lowered damage bugged the hell out of me.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post