What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: What are you playing?
I just finished all achievements for SC2 LotV single player. Some of them (the mastering achievements) were crazy hard. Took a whole day to do them all.

Bloodborne coming next weekend. Until then I guess I'll focus on Christmas shopping.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
07-12-2015, 05:51 PM
What are you playing?
Fellow gamers, I welcome your comments. This weekend I will be buying a next-gen console for the family. I thought I was decided on which until today when 2 of my friends expressed their plans to go PS4. I had been planning on Xbox One with the Kinect bundle. At GameStop I can trade in my old 360 to knock $100 off the price which fits well in my budget. But I also wanted to be able to play Destiny with my friends and now it looks like they will all be playing on PS4.

The price of PS4 has been dropping for the holidays. And if I go with that we will keep the 360 to play the old games on which may actually be better than hoping for Xbone compatibility in the future.

My son really just wants to play Fallout 4 and many other next-gen games out there (ok, so do I). He would probably be ok with Sony.

Can anyone here offer a compelling reason to go Xbone?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
07-12-2015, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 06:10 PM by Adrianime.)
(07-12-2015 05:51 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Fellow gamers, I welcome your comments. This weekend I will be buying a next-gen console for the family. I thought I was decided on which until today when 2 of my friends expressed their plans to go PS4. I had been planning on Xbox One with the Kinect bundle. At GameStop I can trade in my old 360 to knock $100 off the price which fits well in my budget. But I also wanted to be able to play Destiny with my friends and now it looks like they will all be playing on PS4.

The price of PS4 has been dropping for the holidays. And if I go with that we will keep the 360 to play the old games on which may actually be better than hoping for Xbone compatibility in the future.

My son really just wants to play Fallout 4 and many other next-gen games out there (ok, so do I). He would probably be ok with Sony.

In short: no.

Longer version: PS4 is a better gaming machine, and since I'm mostly an RPG gamer, the PS4 exclusives are more appealing than XBOX (a bunch of great RPGs are coming to PS4). However, most likely specs won't change your gaming experience much, so really the main reasons to choose one console over the other are:
-brand loyalty
-preferred exclusives.
-multiplayer experience (may want to get the same console as your friends)
-subscription perks (XboxLive vs PSPlus)

If I were you I would look at a list of current and upcoming exclusives for each console and see if one list is more appealing than the other.

Check these exclusives:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vi...eneration)

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
07-12-2015, 10:14 PM
(07-12-2015 01:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  So apperently, Fallout 4's patch 1.2 actually disables unrecognized ESP files when booting up the launcher. To anyone who is pulling their hair out after this patch; it is not a bug with NMM, but Bethesda either going Electronic Arts on them or just another bug due to the patch. Regardless, here's the fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comment...7_pc_beta/

It's stupidly annoying to enable the mods every time, but atleast there is a work around to it.

Or you can go into your AppData folder, find your Fallout 4 directory, and make the pluggins.txt a Read Only file after you've added your mods to the list. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-12-2015, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 12:05 AM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(07-12-2015 05:51 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Fellow gamers, I welcome your comments. This weekend I will be buying a next-gen console for the family. I thought I was decided on which until today when 2 of my friends expressed their plans to go PS4. I had been planning on Xbox One with the Kinect bundle. At GameStop I can trade in my old 360 to knock $100 off the price which fits well in my budget. But I also wanted to be able to play Destiny with my friends and now it looks like they will all be playing on PS4.

it depends on what games you lean towards.

like shooters get the xbox one

the rest ps4

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-12-2015, 01:20 PM
(07-12-2015 10:14 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 01:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  So apperently, Fallout 4's patch 1.2 actually disables unrecognized ESP files when booting up the launcher. To anyone who is pulling their hair out after this patch; it is not a bug with NMM, but Bethesda either going Electronic Arts on them or just another bug due to the patch. Regardless, here's the fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comment...7_pc_beta/

It's stupidly annoying to enable the mods every time, but atleast there is a work around to it.

Or you can go into your AppData folder, find your Fallout 4 directory, and make the pluggins.txt a Read Only file after you've added your mods to the list. Thumbsup

thx

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
12-12-2015, 12:33 PM
[Image: 2015_12_12_00001.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Ni no kuni. Thanks to a broken lappy I have to use my ps3.

Oh and have any of you seen the x-com 2 videos. That game looks like it could end up as a favourite.
12-12-2015, 04:30 PM
They never saw it coming.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-12-2015, 04:48 PM
(12-12-2015 04:30 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Ni no kuni. Thanks to a broken lappy I have to use my ps3.

Finally somebody who fucking plays that game around here, jezus...

I'm currently in my, emm, millionth playthrough of that game? Opening and ending, cry evr tiem.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."