What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 03:50 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Just beat Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War. It was a pretty nice RTS.

My only complaints with it are that the units down't deploy at full-strength; you have to call in reinforcements to bolster your squads to their full capacity after they spawn, and the unit-AI is dumb as rocks; I found I really had to try to manage my units so they wouldn't get stuck in tight passage ways. It's like they are Magnet Ravens instead of Blood Ravens; they all repel each other in a weird way and refuse to pass through other units. And woe be to he who wants to use mass vehicles! Those things do NOT want to get anywhere near each other.
Maybe there is a passage in the Codex Astartes that states that no Battle-Brother be within two meters of another squad or vehicle.

I'm tempted to buy Dawn of War II, but if it's anything like it's expandalone Retribution, I think I'll pass. DoW 1 was sooo much better than Retribution in every way but the graphics...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2015, 04:16 AM
(07-12-2015 05:51 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Can anyone here offer a compelling reason to go Xbone?

PS4 is getting one of the best co-op shooters ever made.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-12-2015, 05:03 AM
Have just started Elder Scrolls Online. So far so good Smile
14-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Gone back to Dark Souls 2.
14-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Can't complete Just Cause 3 because the jet mission is bugged. Won't use the suggested "fix" because it probably doesn't work anyway, and it's a principle; I shouldn't have to do something like that because the devs should have released a patch for this game already. I can deal with the framerate drops, getting stuck in the negative zone, flying cars and CTD, but I won't touch it untill they fix this.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
14-12-2015, 10:54 AM
I do a lot of sudoku!
14-12-2015, 12:25 PM
This playing of Dawn of War: Winter Assault has been brought to you by Khorne, resident of the Immaterium and- BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
14-12-2015, 03:22 PM
I just reinstalled Starcraft/Brood Wars. I was feeling nostalgic. Shy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
14-12-2015, 03:27 PM
(14-12-2015 12:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  This playing of Dawn of War: Winter Assault has been brought to you by Khorne, resident of the Immaterium and- BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!
Huh, interesting coincidence. I downloaded Dawn of War: Winter Assault again yesterday. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-12-2015, 03:47 PM
(14-12-2015 03:27 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 12:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  This playing of Dawn of War: Winter Assault has been brought to you by Khorne, resident of the Immaterium and- BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

Huh, interesting coincidence. I downloaded Dawn of War: Winter Assault again yesterday. Consider

I've been enjoying it. Must admit I'm having a bit of a struggle with the final Disorder mission... Can't manage to get a force strong enough to take the Ultramarines' Land Raider or push right through to the Psychic Gate before it can reach it or the Eldar can...