What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2015, 06:51 PM
What are you playing?
Thanks for weighing in everyone. We opted for PS4. We can now keep the old 360 for our legacy library and I'll be able to play destiny with my pals.

We got the Uncharted bundle. I tried UC1. It was good. But I skipped the final boss fight. It just got annoying repeating the same moves over and over so I skipped ahead to UC2. That is proving a bit better.

I also started playing Witcher 3 again. I had bought it earlier while borrowing my son-in-law's PS4. Since my old saves are all in his console (is cloud save only available to premium PSN members?) I have to start over from the beginning. Bummer since I was up to level 28 before. Oh well, still some of the best fun.

If character creation and development were as varied and flexible as Skyrim this game would come close to being better. I just feel this game has too much focus on melee, but that's part of the series.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
14-12-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(14-12-2015 06:51 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Thanks for weighing in everyone. We opted for PS4. We can now keep the old 360 for our legacy library and I'll be able to play destiny with my pals.

We got the Uncharted bundle. I tried UC1. It was good. But I skipped the final boss fight. It just got annoying repeating the same moves over and over so I skipped ahead to UC2. That is proving a bit better.

I also started playing Witcher 3 again. I had bought it earlier while borrowing my son-in-law's PS4. Since my old saves are all in his console (is cloud save only available to premium PSN members?) I have to start over from the beginning. Bummer since I was up to level 28 before. Oh well, still some of the best fun.

If character creation and development were as varied and flexible as Skyrim this game would come close to being better. I just feel this game has too much focus on melee, but that's part of the series.

I think if you use the same account on the new console, you can upload saves to a USB and transfer it over.
14-12-2015, 10:24 PM
(14-12-2015 06:51 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  If character creation and development were as varied and flexible as Skyrim this game would come close to being better.

Blasphemy!
The Witcher 3 is the greatest open world rpg of all time (I would say rpg of all time but I've played RPGs with better stories which is arguably a huge part of the 'rpg' genre). It makes Skyrim look like turds.
14-12-2015, 10:39 PM
(14-12-2015 10:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 06:51 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  If character creation and development were as varied and flexible as Skyrim this game would come close to being better.

Blasphemy!
The Witcher 3 is the greatest open world rpg of all time (I would say rpg of all time but I've played RPGs with better stories which is arguably a huge part of the 'rpg' genre). It makes Skyrim look like turds.

The Witcher 3 doesn't let you play as anyone other than Geralt. Many people enjoy the freedom available with the Bethesda games for a reason.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-12-2015, 01:47 AM
What are you playing?
(14-12-2015 10:39 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 10:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Blasphemy!

The Witcher 3 doesn't let you play as anyone other than Geralt. Many people enjoy the freedom available with the Bethesda games for a reason.

See Muffs? EK gets it. Not only can you only play as Geralt, you can only play as a Witcher. Very limiting. I'm jealous of the sorceresses in the game. I almost always play pure Mage. Witcher doesn't really have pure anything (other than Witcher).

I do agree that everything else in the game is far superior to Skyrim (which is what I was saying). So, if Witcher 3 allowed the player to play as sorcerer or hunter or thief or tank it would be the best RPG of all time. I am NOT saying that because it isn't this means Skyrim is the best.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
15-12-2015, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2015 02:40 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-12-2015 01:47 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 10:39 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The Witcher 3 doesn't let you play as anyone other than Geralt. Many people enjoy the freedom available with the Bethesda games for a reason.

See Muffs? EK gets it. Not only can you only play as Geralt, you can only play as a Witcher. Very limiting. I'm jealous of the sorceresses in the game. I almost always play pure Mage. Witcher doesn't really have pure anything (other than Witcher).

I do agree that everything else in the game is far superior to Skyrim (which is what I was saying). So, if Witcher 3 allowed the player to play as sorcerer or hunter or thief or tank it would be the best RPG of all time. I am NOT saying that because it isn't this means Skyrim is the best.

I'm on my third character in Fallout 4, I'm Lv70, and I've only just completed Act 1. A straight shot play-through can have you beating the game around Lv40.

Because I enjoy being distracted by the world, in a way that the Witcher fails to match. It's a pretty world no doubt, but your level of interaction with that world is very thin; whereas in Fallout I feel like the world changes according to my actions. I'd even give the nod to Fallout in the story department in that, while the Witcher delivers are far more cohesive narrative, it once again doesn't allow the freedom Fallout 4 does.

I'm going to spoil the last act of Fallout 4. You have been warned.

The game spends it's first two acts building up a mysterious super-advanced faction called The Institute. Nobody knows who or where they are, only that they make life-like androids that have a nasty habit of replacing (and presumably killing) actual people and acting as spies. Helping any of the games primary factions (Minutemen, Railroad, Brotherhood of Steel) will have you at odds with the Institute and looking for a means to hunt them down for answers and revenge for the kidnapping of your infant son and the murder of your spouse.

Once you finally build the technological Macguffin that allows you to locate the Institute and you prepare to storm into their stronghold for a final showdown, the game pulls the carpet out from under you. The Institute welcomes you with open arms, they explain their goals and ideals, and invite you to join. This is made more compelling by the fact that their leader is your now elderly son; you'd been placed back in cryostasis not for 10 years between the kidnapping and your awakening, but rather 60 years.

The infiltration of the Institute, rather than being the final boss fight, instead opens up another act of the game complete with another faction to work with. Now once you're aware of what they're trying to accomplish and how, you're left with a very difficult decision; which of these almost diametrically opposed factions will you aid? You decision will necessitate the elimination of the other uncompromising factions. Will you side with the xenophobic Brotherhood of Steel, protecting the Commonwealth through the elimination of anything they view as a threat; including all Institute androids or radiated mutated humans, even close allies. Will you side with the Institute with their view of humanity improved through advanced technology, even if that is accomplished according to a 'the ends justify the means' ethos that includes the subservience of androids capable of self-awareness and free-will? Or will you side with the underdog Railroad, which desire the freedom of self determination and freedom of consciousness for synthetic life, even if that comes at the cost of unintended consequences; like memory wiped androids becoming stronger and deadlier raiders and bandits?

Each side thinks that they have the best interests of the Commonwealth (if not humanity) as their goal, but they all have diametrically opposed paths to get there.

Fuck me if I didn't spend a lot of back and forth, knowing I had to eventually pick one side, and that my decision meant turning on the other two. Siding against the Railroad would have me killing a network of dedicated spies who's only crime was caring too much. Siding against the Brotherhood would have you starting a war with the strongest military since the Great War, and among those soldiers would be former comrades that I've fought side-by-side with. Siding against the Institute not only means the destruction of the most technologically advanced enclave in existence, but the death of your own child at your own hands.

This wasn't something I had to wrestle with in The Witcher, as it's most interactive story choice is picking which of the two sorceresses you want to fuck.

BTW: If you try for both hoping for a Bioware ending, you're going to have a bad time.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-12-2015, 04:39 PM
I play:

On PC: Aion Online

iOS: Zenonia series, Ragnorak

Android: Minecraft PE, and Emire: Rome Rising

By the way... my online screen name on most gaming forums is War Angel Sylia (or War_Angel_Sylia or WarAngelSylia depending on the forum's username format).

Heart War Angel Sylia
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2015, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2015 04:26 AM by EvolutionKills.)
On today's episode of 'Random Shit on my DS Flashcart', Picross 3D!

It's asymmetrical Sudoku on speed in 3D, from Hal Laboratories, the same jackasses that brought you every Kirby game ever and the Smash Bros. series.

[Image: 81%2BALi%2Bjs1L._SL1500_.jpg]

Also, the left shoulder button was starting to fail on my DSi, so my fiend and manager did an inventory swap with one we had in the store. Now I'm rocking a DSi XL in sweet two tone red and black , Super Mario Brothers 25th Anniversery Edition, complete with working shoulder buttons! Finally beat the next boss in Castlavania: Order of Eclesia, now that I can reliably weapon swap and dodge roll (both tied tot he L button). Plus the larger screen is a nice bonus.

[Image: IMG_0116.jpg]

18-12-2015, 04:30 AM
Also, Fallout 4 update. I'm Lv82, still haven't found Virgil yet. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Completed Just Cause 3. Great game but horribly playtested. Post game allows you to reset all outposts, bases and towns to destroy everything all over again with your new upgrades, weapons and vehicles. Neat, but I still wish the game was as big as JC2 was.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."