What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 11:06 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(15-01-2016 07:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead.

The ASCII! My eyes!

[Image: it-burns.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2016, 02:40 AM
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. It's fantastic.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
16-01-2016, 06:48 AM
Cities: Skylines
Started another city.

Couple thousand. Industry zones bottom right, polluting the shit out the air and ground. Residential circle on the left surrounded by a couple commercial buildings.

[Image: 2016_01_16_00001.jpg]

Expanding, building another residential suburb in the top right. Building highrise buildings, denser residential zones. Expanding business district between new residential zone and industry zone.

[Image: 2016_01_16_00002.jpg]

Expanded further, more high rise buildings, upgraded the roads and the biggest change I replaced all the dirty polluting industry zones with clean office zones.
Now my only pollution is water pollution from the sewage but I'll solve that problem later.

[Image: 2016_01_16_00003.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-01-2016, 08:17 AM
A night view.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00001.jpg]

Brought some more land to build on. Fixed up the highway to make it more efficient and make it a cloverleaf rather than just a t-junction.
Ignore the large grass area in the middle of the residential area, I was just making room for more highrise buildings.
I also got rid of the sewerage, was able to build treatment plants and put them way further down river.
And I deleted the last pollution piece of the puzzle, my coal power plants and replaced them with a large wind farm at the top of the map. It costs waaay more in power expenses but when I start reaching max power I can just build more wind turbines. When I unlock nuclear I will probably replace them all with a nuclear power plant. Haven't decided yet.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00003.jpg]

Just some more expanding.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00006.jpg]

And this is where I stand and leave it for the night.
Some major expansions are gonna be made on this side of the highway tomorrow.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00008.jpg]
16-01-2016, 08:24 AM
(16-01-2016 08:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  A night view.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00001.jpg]

Brought some more land to build on. Fixed up the highway to make it more efficient and make it a cloverleaf rather than just a t-junction.
Ignore the large grass area in the middle of the residential area, I was just making room for more highrise buildings.
I also got rid of the sewerage, was able to build treatment plants and put them way further down river.
And I deleted the last pollution piece of the puzzle, my coal power plants and replaced them with a large wind farm at the top of the map. It costs waaay more in power expenses but when I start reaching max power I can just build more wind turbines. When I unlock nuclear I will probably replace them all with a nuclear power plant. Haven't decided yet.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00003.jpg]

Just some more expanding.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00006.jpg]

And this is where I stand and leave it for the night.
Some major expansions are gonna be made on this side of the highway tomorrow.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00008.jpg]

Oh come one, weak sauce! If you really wanted to impress, you'd have built your city spanning across the junction of the three rivers, instead of hiding in one corner of the landmass!

[Image: Pittsburgh.original.14600.jpg]

Suck it! Best regards. Tongue

-Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Challenge accepted good sir.
17-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Ok here you are. Started building around the river. I have offices on the island and on the far bank I'm building low density housing suburbs.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00009.jpg]

Different view.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00010.jpg]

And I discovered oil so I'm back to polluting the shit out the ground and it's leaking into the water too. Luckily those are my sewerage treatment plants, not my water pumps.
Also, you can see my wind farm is gone, it has been replaced by a nuclear power plant.

[Image: 2016_01_17_00012.jpg]
17-01-2016, 11:31 PM
I've been playing Mass Effect 2 lately.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
18-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Well the northern suburbs are pretty much done. The infrastructure and services are all in place and it's been zoned. All I need now is for people to start building homes and move in (it'll look good once buildings have been built and it actually looks like a suburb). The island has also been fully zoned and all infrastructure and services build. Turns out if I build an industrial zone with factories and shit big business goes mad. Explains why I've had zero commercial business demand since I replaced my industry with offices... It''s (along with the oil) brought a massive revenue boost too. I mean I had decent revenue before but damn.. that corporate tax... omnomnom.

Anyway, now that the suburbs and island are done I can focus on central city and making it look more natural and less like I was confined to build in a certain square (which I was but I brought more land so I'm free to expand that area now.

[Image: 2016_01_19_00005.jpg]
19-01-2016, 06:08 PM
What are you playing?
Loving the PS4!! We got Fallout 4 for my son for xmas. We both love it. Amazing update to that series. If this is what the next generation of games will be like I can't wait to see the next installments of Elder Scrolls and (maybe) GTA.

We also got a second controller and Diablo 3 (on sale for $20!). Playing D3 together on the same screen from the couch is a blast! Even glad I didn't link up to my old Battle.net account so my son and I could progress together.

We were both less than impressed by Star Was Battlefront. Battlefield and TF2 seem more interesting when it comes to the team based CTF. The other game modes were kinda fun but other than spectacular graphics the gameplay felt rather bland.

Destiny is also fun but feels a little hollow without my friends online. Again, amazing graphics.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post