What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2016 11:35 PM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: What are you playing?
(27-01-2016 11:22 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 10:17 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That game can fuck off the edge of a cliff and die in a fire. I uninstalled it after their botched microtransations-as-community-reward bullshit.

Would you like a meal with your salt, EK?

Already taken care of. It's why I have Killingfloor 2, Vermintide, and Warframe.

Actually, about that. Got my Excalibur warframe up to Lv30, and only then realized how incredibly fucking bad-ass his final ability is (Exalted Blade: summon a blade of light that can launch energy waves and hit enemies at range, it's an instant 'Fuck You' mode). Now I'm blowing through planets solo, well on to my way of making my second frame to boot. Should have a Rhino frame before the end of the weekend.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2016, 03:07 AM
(27-01-2016 09:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 07:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh shock horror, another Payday 2 update on my Steam list of games updated.
What a surprise...
That game updates WAAAAAY too often.

Sounds like you don't have ARK nor Path of Exile. Tongue

(Those fuckers are always in the queue.)

I don't have ARK but I do have PoE and yea that game updates like mad too.

Quote:That game can fuck off the edge of a cliff and die in a fire. I uninstalled it after their botched microtransations-as-community-reward bullshit.

Yea pretty much. I never got the hype around it anyway, could never get into it.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-01-2016, 03:37 AM
(28-01-2016 03:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea pretty much. I never got the hype around it anyway, could never get into it.

It was a fun game, as of yet my favorite co-op PvE shooter. The clown masks and rubber gloves were a fun visual gimmick, it tapped into that same anti-hero cool that movies like Heat did. There was a rather deep meta-game to the game's mechanics, equipment, and perk selection. Even with all of it's technical glitches and shortcomings, the game had a fun core gameplay loop; fending off the hoards of police was damn fun.

But they drowned the game with sub-par DLC, and when that wasn't enough, they added in microtransations to an already 2 year old game (with over $110 in DLC already) in the most gauche way imaginable; during the annual 'Crimefest' event to celebrate the anniversary of the first Payday, a community event where we all completed in-game challenges for a drip feed of free new in-game content that everybody got access to. This year, day one, the community reward was the inclusion of CS-GO style safes and drills to unlock stat boosting weapon skins, and of course you have to buy the drills with real money ($2.50 a piece no less, half the price of their weapon packs DLC). Their free community update was the ability to pay them to make your guns look stupid and get better stats. Oh, and they also re-balanced all of the weapons in such a way that the you couldn't really come close to making what the weapons were capable of before without weapon skin boosts. Fuck that noise.

Oh, they also had promised multiple times on record, that they'd never add microtransations to the game.

28-01-2016, 10:26 AM
(27-01-2016 11:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Actually, about that. Got my Excalibur warframe up to Lv30, and only then realized how incredibly fucking bad-ass his final ability is (Exalted Blade: summon a blade of light that can launch energy waves and hit enemies at range, it's an instant 'Fuck You' mode). Now I'm blowing through planets solo, well on to my way of making my second frame to boot. Should have a Rhino frame before the end of the weekend.

If you think exalted blade was good, just wait till you build valkyr

There is nothing this bitch can't handle.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-01-2016, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 10:59 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(28-01-2016 10:26 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 11:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Actually, about that. Got my Excalibur warframe up to Lv30, and only then realized how incredibly fucking bad-ass his final ability is (Exalted Blade: summon a blade of light that can launch energy waves and hit enemies at range, it's an instant 'Fuck You' mode). Now I'm blowing through planets solo, well on to my way of making my second frame to boot. Should have a Rhino frame before the end of the weekend.

If you think exalted blade was good, just wait till you build valkyr

There is nothing this bitch can't handle.

Maybe, but having more than 2 frames isn't possible without spending Platinum, and I'm not going to buy any until I get one of those log-on reward deep-discount bonuses; and even that is assuming I'm still playing it enough to justify it. But as far as free to play goes, I'm having a lot of fun.

But I'm expecting my copies of Bayonetta 1 & 2 and Splatoon for the Wii U to show up today, so who knows. Tongue

[Image: Bayonetta-2-Screen-Shot-9%EF%80%A223%EF%...-10.20.png]

[Image: latest?cb=20140110061830]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-01-2016, 06:10 AM
(28-01-2016 03:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea pretty much. I never got the hype around it anyway, could never get into it.
Around the time they released it for the current gen consoles, my lifelong best friend/quasi-brother who played the shit out of it on PC begged me to pick it up for the Xbox One. Previously, he wanted me to get it on the PC, but I don't have a gaming PC and I'm just a casual as hell gamer on consoles anyway.

So, the game dropped, and immediately the servers for the consoles were fucked, and stayed that way for quite some time. Somebody that was a part of Overkill went on Twitter and basically said, "Yeah, fuck consoles" (I'm paraphrasing! They didn't say that verbatim, but pretty much implied that). It was pretty amusing. Never bothered with buying it after that. Why support a shitty, careless developer? The comical thing was that there were people on a gaming subReddit and elsewhere defending the tweet.

EK alluded to microtransactions. Do you guys ever see microtransactions being mitigated in gaming, going forward? Anytime soon? Money hungry fuckers... Seems to be that's all gaming is nowadays. In another genre, yearly sports titles are making a killing off of people with modes like "Ultimate Team" (in EA Sports titles) and "MyTeam", "MyCareer", etc. in the NBA 2K titles.
29-01-2016, 07:08 AM
I've got to beat Syndicate so I can get the season pass on Wednesday and beat it again! Big Grin

(29-01-2016 05:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  assuming I'm still laying it enough to justify it.

...and then he posts an image of Bayonetta. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-01-2016, 07:44 AM
(29-01-2016 05:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Maybe, but having more than 2 frames isn't possible without spending Platinum, and I'm not going to buy any until I get one of those log-on reward deep-discount bonuses; and even that is assuming I'm still laying it enough to justify it. But as far as free to play goes, I'/m having a lot of fun.

You can also sell prime parts for plat. Just farm void keys and play the missions to get prime parts. My friend has not spent a dime on warframe yet has tons of plat.

Also dante vs bayonetta in a fight, who would win?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-01-2016, 10:14 AM
(29-01-2016 07:44 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 05:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Maybe, but having more than 2 frames isn't possible without spending Platinum, and I'm not going to buy any until I get one of those log-on reward deep-discount bonuses; and even that is assuming I'm still laying it enough to justify it. But as far as free to play goes, I'/m having a lot of fun.

You can also sell prime parts for plat. Just farm void keys and play the missions to get prime parts. My friend has not spent a dime on warframe yet has tons of plat.

Which Dante? Tongue

But also, Bayonetta would win. They'd totally fuck each other, but she'd still win.

29-01-2016, 10:42 AM
(29-01-2016 10:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 07:44 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You can also sell prime parts for plat. Just farm void keys and play the missions to get prime parts. My friend has not spent a dime on warframe yet has tons of plat.

Which Dante? Tongue

But also, Bayonetta would win. They'd totally fuck each other, but she'd still win.

I can see that, dante ain't no virgil. Big Grin