What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Still with the Black Flag. Got AC Rogue and AC Middle-Earth with the sale, yet to fire 'em up. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-02-2016, 07:15 PM
(14-02-2016 10:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  AC Middle-Earth

Always wondered how Ezio got into Mordor.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-02-2016, 07:49 PM
I got Total War Attila for my birthday.

I've only played it a little so I can't say with authority, but I'm sitting at 'eh' right about now...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-02-2016, 08:23 PM
(14-02-2016 07:15 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 10:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  AC Middle-Earth

Always wondered how Ezio got into Mordor.

Simple. They got better game designers.

I don't know how many times I've said it to people, but; Monolith made a clone of AC that is far superior to any AC game released after Brotherhood. Pretty much everything AC does wrong, Shadow of Mordor corrects.

The biggest correction? While Ubisoft has failed to create decent stealth in Assasins Creed in over SEVEN MAIN TITLES, Monolith did like two simple adjustments and the stealth actually fucking works.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
14-02-2016, 08:33 PM
(10-02-2016 02:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  On a whim, I decided to try to get back into Medieval II: Total War, and things have been going okay.

Playing as the English, I've suffered a few setbacks, but nothing major; the Danes keep laying siege to Antwerp which is more than a little annoying, and they have expanded to also hitting my newly taken Metz and Staufen.

The Spanish are also making a nuisance of themselves; until I launched an invasion by sea and took Leon, they were absolutely obsessed with dying at the gates of Toulouse and Bordeaux. I'm slowly beating Spain down, having taken Pamplona and Valencia and laying siege to Toledo. I will give the Spanish AI credit for it's resilience...

Also on the Spanish front, the Papal States (with whom I am constantly competing for position of the most powerful military nation) has made itself even more of a bother than usual, having marched in and taken Zaragoza from the Spanish, and thus denying me that which is rightfully mine. After spilling so much blood to keep them at bay, the extermination of the Spanish dogs should be the glory of England and England alone. This transgression is added to their unending demands that I not finish off the French or march toward Danish lands in my own defence (they started it). Of course, the long line of Popes ultimately didn't help the wine-sodden frog eaters, despite the best and most annoying efforts.

Last night I did finish the French off; right after the ending of the most recent Papal decree that I stop being mean to those damn Franks, I launched possibly the greatest battle in the history of my game. My conquest of Dijon, the final remaining French province, had been delayed not only by the annoying Papacy, but also by the large number of troops the French could still field; three large armies, and the moderately sized town garrison, and that was just around the town. I am a conservative and defensive player by nature; I don't usually attack unless I can be assured of numeric and quality equality, if not superiority, and usually I'd rather have them attack me. But with the ending of the decree I had to take my chance: not only could I take it now without excommunication, but I had a deadline (the Council asked my to take it with a nice monetary reward which I could not have passed up), my third army finally moved into position, and I attacked the French army loitering directly outside Dijon's walls; dragging all four French forces into one colossal battle. My forces numbered somewhere between 2-3000 men all told, the French forces sat a little higher around 4000 men or so. My army took to the field; 4 culverin batteries supported 4 Yeoman longbowmen companies, and a three Feudal Knight companies, supporting 9 heavy infantry, primarily Armoured Swordsmen, with two units of Dismounted English Knights on the wings, and two spear-men levies to mix things up.

All three French reinforcement armies joined the field and marched to connect with the already positioned French main army. My reinforcing armies? No reports of them. I am fighting the enormous French horde alone; my own army numbers somewhere around 8-900 men. Standing alone against several thousand.

My army moved up from my preferred position on a hill to engage, and the Frankish horde came in a huge mass. All the better for me, thanks to my culverin batteries and their explosive shells, not to mention my archers. My army faced the full brunt of the French nation and held for a considerable amount of time. The numbers however, simply were not on my side, and my numbers dwindled. After about 10 real-minutes of non-stop fighting, units began to break or were totally wiped out. My army was in tatters and all but annihilated as it fled the unending hail of French bolts, arrows, and shot, and the numberless masses of French Knights.
My men sold themselves dearly, having accounted for approximately 700 French, dead or prisoner. Mostly dead.

THEN my reinforcements arrive, so the battle continues with the AI doing all the fighting. The second army engages first, and loses a great many men while the third army (my largest) takes it's time lumbering its own horde into the fray. By the time the Third engage, the Second have been virtually wiped out as well, having scattered many French in the process. The Third engages, and the tattered remains of the French army collapses after several more minutes of fighting.
The French ended the fighting with around 1000 men still left, but since their Dijon Garrison had been forced to the field and fled, I still took the city.

My first major enemy nation to be completely wiped out (the Scots hardly counted as 'major'). All I need to do is secure my grip on my new outlying central-European provinces to keep the Danes or Imperials from taking them, or Hungary should they get uppity, then rearm my forces and figure out where I want to send them; south to finish Spain or North to deal with Denmark, or if my ambitions rest elsewhere.

Having fun with Pavise Crossbowmen Simulator? Won't last I tell you...

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
15-02-2016, 02:41 AM
Finally found this goddamn video. Although some points might be a little unjust, like the simple free-running, pretty much everything said in this video is sad but true

15-02-2016, 03:20 AM
The biggest AC fail is the stupid haters. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2016, 01:50 PM
(15-02-2016 03:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The biggest AC fail is the stupid haters. Tongue

Oh, Speaking of haters

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
15-02-2016, 04:57 PM
(15-02-2016 03:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The biggest AC fail is the stupid haters. Tongue

Eat a dick and die.

[Image: oscar.png]
15-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Last night I had a great few hours in Left 4 Dead 2.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post