What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Halo 5, new patch came out so I got more shit to unlock, love it. Literally got done unlocking all the silver pack stuff (common, uncommon, rare) and they bring out a new patch the very next day and now I need 13 more silver packs. ><. Also waiting for the big Battle Brothers (a game a lot like Mount and Blade Warband, worth a look if you're into that sort of thing) patch to drop on the 29th which is gonna basically take this game from an alpha to a near finished game.

And of course my loins burn for Dark Souls 3 next month. The trailers show it's gonna be a lot more Bloodborne-y than Dark Souls-y so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Can't wait, gimmie gimmie gimmie.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2016, 12:43 AM
(24-02-2016 03:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It is a sad day in the Fortress; goblins rolled through the area, unfortunately they started their pass right where all the stockpiles and workshops are right now.

The Fort lost three dwarves in the ensuing fight; Hughsie, Aliza, and Unbeliever died valiantly, torn to shreds by the goblin axes. Additionally, 7 dogs, six of the War variety, and one cat were lost...
Dwarf Fortress is an amazing game. And it's freaking hard to learn.

I think it's about time you post a roster.
26-02-2016, 12:46 AM
(26-02-2016 12:43 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 03:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It is a sad day in the Fortress; goblins rolled through the area, unfortunately they started their pass right where all the stockpiles and workshops are right now.

The Fort lost three dwarves in the ensuing fight; Hughsie, Aliza, and Unbeliever died valiantly, torn to shreds by the goblin axes. Additionally, 7 dogs, six of the War variety, and one cat were lost...
Dwarf Fortress is an amazing game. And it's freaking hard to learn.

Post a roster?

You mean who is alive in the fortress and that? Want pics as well?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-02-2016, 12:58 AM
(26-02-2016 12:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 12:43 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Dwarf Fortress is an amazing game. And it's freaking hard to learn.

Post a roster?

Aye. and their jobs too.
26-02-2016, 01:05 AM
(26-02-2016 12:58 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 12:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Post a roster?

Aye. and their jobs too.

Might as well add family, backstory, height, weight, and salary

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
26-02-2016, 02:25 AM
(26-02-2016 12:58 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 12:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Post a roster?

Aye. and their jobs too.

Okay; as a note, my PC crashed, so the last mentioned deaths did not in fact happen in the post-crash reality.

*ahem*

As of writing, it is the 9th of Moonstone, year 6, early winter. The great Fortress of Hamlet Dodokfikuk, "Claspedfields" as settled on the 15th of Granite, year 5. the initial expedition consisted of a scant few Dwarves; 'Free Thought; Gitnukdib, the current Expidition leader and miner, 'Gulegon' Lolorbabin, 'Nurse' Cilobkosh, 'Escape Artist' Enkoscatten, 'Revenant' Lisedathel, and 'Losty' Loloktangth. The area is right at the face of a mountain, as it should be. However despite the region being 'Untamed Wilderness" there are no creatures to be seen aside from swarms of flies and blasted hordes of Kea. Of, and the rare Goblins that may pass through some times...
(I mention MeDwarf being both EL and miner because it only shows as EL on screen without looking...)

[Image: 7piRc5A.png]

Since settling, the craftdwarves have been pumping out crafts of rock and wood in a desperate attempt to use the rock generated by the mining as fast as it can pile up. They have not been very successful over the year...

In the last year, the Fortress has been beset by wave after wave of immigrants, which have been both a blessing and a curse; within just under two years, we are up to 45 Dwarves in a fortress currently under a 50-dwarf limit, likely due to the enormous wealth produced by trade; the craftsdwarves may work slowly, but they work well indeed. Nurse and JDog continue to produce masterpiece items, ranging from amulets to beds. The mountain is rich copper and tetrahedrite, but I as glorious overseer have decided to hold off on metal production until internal facilities have been finished and smoothed, with the rocks either being stockpiled and used or placed in quantum dumps. The basic industry shops are currently in the fix for placement in the main crafts hall; flanked on either side by wood and stone stockpiles and near the large Finished Goods room (once it's finished, that is...) for convenient and efficient production lines, as marked on the map.

[Image: brjRDG1.png]

The initial few luxury bedrooms will soon be finished and slowly furnished as the Dwarves actually get to fucking work on making more cabinets and statues and the like.
The large Dining Hall will also hopefully be finished, so everybody can stop complaining about the lack of chairs and tables. I'm sure they still will, though.

The fortress survives primarily, as all good Dwarves ought, on plump helmets, however this is supplemented by fish from the nearby brook thanks to the diligent fisherdwarves, first among them being TheInquisition. Others fish rarely. The Fortress is attempting to breed turkeys and pigs, however neither species have been particularly fruitful yet, much to the Dwarves disappointment.

We have only suffered the loss of 6 dogs, by way of Goblins what were passing through. As we have no military and no weapons for draftees to wield it is fortunate that they simply went on their way.

[Image: 79uXSYa.png]

Once the first level is set up to satisfaction, the second level will be developed, first among the buildings will the the construction of a large hospital with in-room water supply so the dwarves don't die of thirst before their wounds, should they be attacked and survive to get there.

We have two artefacts in the fortress already!

[Image: 05MsODm.png]

... They aren't very inspirational., are they?

Nothing much happens in the Fortress; unlike the lucky sods of Boatmurdered and Headshoots, we don't have any crazy biome or anything... Oh, damn Keas have a penchant for stealing wheelbarrows. Stole a masterpiece 'barrow the other day...

JDog; some Dwarves are married but it'd be too much work to find them all and note such, no height or weight data is available and nobody in Claspedfields is paid with anything but the sweat of their own brow. And imported cheeses of various types.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
26-02-2016, 02:33 AM
(26-02-2016 02:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 12:58 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Aye. and their jobs too.

Okay; as a note, my PC crashed, so the last mentioned deaths did not in fact happen in the post-crash reality.

*ahem*

As of writing, it is the 9th of Moonstone, year 6, early winter. The great Fortress of Hamlet Dodokfikuk, "Claspedfields" as settled on the 15th of Granite, year 5. the initial expedition consisted of a scant few Dwarves; 'Free Thought; Gitnukdib, the current Expidition leader and miner, 'Gulegon' Lolorbabin, 'Nurse' Cilobkosh, 'Escape Artist' Enkoscatten, 'Revenant' Lisedathel, and 'Losty' Loloktangth. The area is right at the face of a mountain, as it should be. However despite the region being 'Untamed Wilderness" there are no creatures to be seen aside from swarms of flies and blasted hordes of Kea. Of, and the rare Goblins that may pass through some times...
(I mention MeDwarf being both EL and miner because it only shows as EL on screen without looking...)

[Image: 7piRc5A.png]

Since settling, the craftdwarves have been pumping out crafts of rock and wood in a desperate attempt to use the rock generated by the mining as fast as it can pile up. They have not been very successful over the year...

In the last year, the Fortress has been beset by wave after wave of immigrants, which have been both a blessing and a curse; within just under two years, we are up to 45 Dwarves in a fortress currently under a 50-dwarf limit, likely due to the enormous wealth produced by trade; the craftsdwarves may work slowly, but they work well indeed. Nurse and JDog continue to produce masterpiece items, ranging from amulets to beds. The mountain is rich copper and tetrahedrite, but I as glorious overseer have decided to hold off on metal production until internal facilities have been finished and smoothed, with the rocks either being stockpiled and used or placed in quantum dumps. The basic industry shops are currently in the fix for placement in the main crafts hall; flanked on either side by wood and stone stockpiles and near the large Finished Goods room (once it's finished, that is...) for convenient and efficient production lines, as marked on the map.

[Image: brjRDG1.png]

The initial few luxury bedrooms will soon be finished and slowly furnished as the Dwarves actually get to fucking work on making more cabinets and statues and the like.
The large Dining Hall will also hopefully be finished, so everybody can stop complaining about the lack of chairs and tables. I'm sure they still will, though.

The fortress survives primarily, as all good Dwarves ought, on plump helmets, however this is supplemented by fish from the nearby brook thanks to the diligent fisherdwarves, first among them being TheInquisition. Others fish rarely. The Fortress is attempting to breed turkeys and pigs, however neither species have been particularly fruitful yet, much to the Dwarves disappointment.

We have only suffered the loss of 6 dogs, by way of Goblins what were passing through. As we have no military and no weapons for draftees to wield it is fortunate that they simply went on their way.

[Image: 79uXSYa.png]

Once the first level is set up to satisfaction, the second level will be developed, first among the buildings will the the construction of a large hospital with in-room water supply so the dwarves don't die of thirst before their wounds, should they be attacked and survive to get there.

We have two artefacts in the fortress already!

[Image: 05MsODm.png]

... They aren't very inspirational., are they?

Nothing much happens in the Fortress; unlike the lucky sods of Boatmurdered and Headshoots, we don't have any crazy biome or anything... Oh, damn Keas have a penchant for stealing wheelbarrows. Stole a masterpiece 'barrow the other day...

JDog; some Dwarves are married but it'd be too much work to find them all and note such, no height or weight data is available and nobody in Claspedfields is paid with anything but the sweat of their own brow. And imported cheeses of various types.

I like that DLJ is the Milker.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
26-02-2016, 02:55 AM
There was one thing I forgot to mention; as is seen on the Dwarf List image, there are a few dwarves yet not TTAised, if anybody would like to suggest names, please do. Just note that I am saving the troll names for the annoying, demandy Nobles.

I'll also throw up the profiles of any specific dwarves of anybody wants to see them.

26-02-2016, 03:19 AM
And Stark is a herbalist. (^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
26-02-2016, 03:57 AM
I have an urge to do a lets play of the sims naming my sims after TTA users.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post