What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(01-03-2016 03:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So... Now the Fort of pretty big 70-something dwarves, I decided to draft and try to train some marksdwarves to man the Death Passage, the point being to draw whatever attackers might come into the firing lines of the engraved fortifications and what gets through the locked doors (say if they bring an ogre or something), the vast contingent of war animals will deal with it, aided by the martial dwarves to be trained up. Did I mention we have in our midst 13 war dogs with many pups yet to mature and be trained, 2 war gorillas, and 1 war tiger and leopard. Unfortunately, I cannot train our cougar or dingo for war. Nor the many piglets.

Of course because I'm commanding the fortress, things can't go to plan. The to-be Marksdwarves refuse to practise their shooting, preferring to lean how to dodge.

[Image: 4dnS0VC.png]

One of the dwarves (Reg Bothontosid, the bone carver), upset by the draft and the fact that he lacked cloths (Ferdinand refuses to make more leather clothing for our military dwarves, claiming there are no hides) and went on a tantrum and immediately went about assaulting every sentient being he could get near.
Ironically enough, it would seem the dodging training proved to be of immense use for the other dwarves, whom Reg could not lay so much as a finger on. Fortunately, the nearby cat also proved too agile for the dabbling wrestler to harm.

Thank the gods for dwarven military incompetence! I'll just stand them down and let them train at their own leisure.

Sidenote: if somebody could volunteer a name for Reg, that'd be great.
Also, I've been thinking of just starting a Dwarf Fortress thread to stop spamming this one. I know it's technically on topic, but still. Would anybody else be interesting in sharing some of their dwarfy exploits?
Give him a stupid hat and call him Nishi. The incompetence is just up my alley.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
01-03-2016, 05:44 AM
(01-03-2016 03:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Also, I've been thinking of just starting a Dwarf Fortress thread to stop spamming this one. I know it's technically on topic, but still. Would anybody else be interesting in sharing some of their dwarfy exploits?

But still. Tongue

I've got no complaints with you posting that here. Or I could fill this thread up with my slinky ninja girls from BnS. Big Grin

[Image: ehLl258.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2016, 05:47 AM
(01-03-2016 05:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 03:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Also, I've been thinking of just starting a Dwarf Fortress thread to stop spamming this one. I know it's technically on topic, but still. Would anybody else be interesting in sharing some of their dwarfy exploits?

But still. Tongue

I've got no complaints with you posting that here. Or I could fill this thread up with my slinky ninja girls from BnS. Big Grin

[Image: ehLl258.jpg]

Why does her arm shine like that. . . wait. Don't answer that, I don't want to know where it has been.
02-03-2016, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 02:19 AM by Free Thought.)
"'Nishi Karano Kaze' Bothontosid has been quite content lately. He enjoyed starting a fist fight recently. He enjoyed throwing something lately..."

The mind of the newly christened Reg 'Nishi' Bothontosid, Hat Wearer.

Willing to take name requests and now profession titles for them, spice things up.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-03-2016, 02:52 AM
(02-03-2016 02:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  "'Nishi Karano Kaze' Bothontosid has been quite content lately. He enjoyed starting a fist fight recently. He enjoyed throwing something lately..."

The mind of the newly christened Reg 'Nishi' Bothontosid, Hat Wearer.

Willing to take name requests and now profession titles for them, spice things up.
And from this point on our clan will be the envy of all others. Human, elf or dwarf, they will all be in awe of our superior, stupid hats.

Anyone who dare utter but a single word of slander against my hats will feel the wrath of my fists. I will punch so many holes in the air around them that they'll have trouble breathing.
03-03-2016, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 10:18 AM by EvolutionKills.)
In other news, Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest is still being a fucking cunt.

Finally slogged my way through to the final chapter, and managed to beat it. It was hard, but at least didn't have any huge map specific bullshit to deal with (the last one had random wind gusts that blew my units around all over the map, but of course, didn't move the enemy at all). Mostly a stand up fight that I was able to take slowly and methodically to come out on top. Hooray, time for some much deserved end game exposition. Guess what! Game's not over, there is an End Game chapter. Except that you cannot save between finishing the previous chapter, which means that if I pick a bad starting setup or if I needed to resupply, I cannot. So right off the bat, that's fucked. Not only that, but the entire fight takes place in a single corridor. Now there are passages off to the sides, but they're inaccessible to my army. However that doesn't stop enemies from spawning in them and rushing you from all sides (my opponent start with an army 50% larger than me, and with new unit spawns has one three times my size in about 3 fucking turns; new units that I couldn't account for before the fight started because they just spawn out of the fucking ether). Not only that, but every enemy is maximum level. Every, single, goddamn one of them is a Lv20 advanced class. Every, fucking, single, one. Once again, this is the campaign where you can't grind for extra XP and cash so that I could have entered with a full army of maxed out units myself. Because, you know, that would be almost fair. I have 3 maxed units in my entire army, and every single enemy unit is maxed. Not only that, but the boss unit has a gigantic ranged 'fuck you attack' that washes over the entire battlefield and drains away half of my entire army's health, essentially allowing the rest of his minions to fucking 1-shot any of my units. He can summon that attack every 3 turns. It's not a one time thing you can recover from, it's a massive middle finger of contempt in your face every 3 turns.

This is fucking retarded bullshit. This isn't fun, this isn't challenging, this is just a fucking bullshit filled slog. Maybe in a week after I've cooled off, I'll try again after I've dropped the game down from Casual down to Phoenix (the in-game description makes it sound like your units can respawn in map), and just try to bulldozer my way through it. But man, fuck this campaign, and fuck whichever cock sucking designers at Intelligent Systems that thought this bullshit was cute.

[Image: FuckAllThisShit.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2016, 04:28 AM
I've been playing Elite Dangerous since last November. I'm currently on the other side of the galaxy 65,356 light years from Sol and can't get any further. The jump range of my ship is 33 light years. I spent the last couple of months on the Distant Worlds expedition travelling across the galaxy. The galaxy was created using real astronomical data and consists of about 400 billion stars.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
03-03-2016, 05:55 AM
Why are they making another Homefront? Wasn't the problem with the first one that nobody bought it? Dispite the promised open-world and visual Crytek engine upgrade (needed since the first Homefront looked like it belonged on the first Xbox), I doubt they can get much of it. If they're lucky, it will be a decent Far Cry clone.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223100?snr=1_41_4__42

Gawd bless 'Merica and go kill some North Korean Communist scum (still laughable).

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
03-03-2016, 04:59 PM
(03-03-2016 05:55 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Why are they making another Homefront? Wasn't the problem with the first one that nobody bought it? Dispite the promised open-world and visual Crytek engine upgrade (needed since the first Homefront looked like it belonged on the first Xbox), I doubt they can get much of it. If they're lucky, it will be a decent Far Cry clone.

Gawd bless 'Merica and go kill some North Korean Communist scum (still laughable).

More like a CoD clone.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-03-2016, 06:52 PM
(03-03-2016 04:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 05:55 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Why are they making another Homefront? Wasn't the problem with the first one that nobody bought it? Dispite the promised open-world and visual Crytek engine upgrade (needed since the first Homefront looked like it belonged on the first Xbox), I doubt they can get much of it. If they're lucky, it will be a decent Far Cry clone.

More like a CoD clone.

No, that was the first one. CoD's singleplayer will never move out being a corridor shooter; there's either not enough time or effort given to do anything else. This new Homefront tries to be Far Cry in a city; Impressive visuals, explosions, crouch-walk based stealth, probably a system where you liberate provinces and unlock small sidequests, guns, mods and so on. Looks like from the trailer they might have some Watchdogs hacking stuff, but I don't think that will be such a major focus.

What you are right on about CoD is that like it's predecessor and Modern Warfare 3, this game's story goes for the cheap pops, making the audience angry by having North Korea piss on Western Culture, kill some American civilians, replace a statue of Washington with Kim Yong Un, ect. Not very creative.

It also remains to be seen if the obligatory multiplayer is CoD clone, which I'm sure it will be.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."