What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(04-03-2016 04:36 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Damned kea. Messing up our hats.

Kea don't steal hats so much as the bolts and arrows the traders constantly leave behind... Because they keep killing keas...

They also had a remarkable tendency toward stealing any wheelbarrows left in the open.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2016, 12:40 AM
(04-03-2016 04:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 04:36 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Damned kea. Messing up our hats.

Kea don't steal hats so much as the bolts and arrows the traders constantly leave behind... Because they keep killing keas...

They also had a remarkable tendency toward stealing any wheelbarrows left in the open.
I don't know. They might some day.
05-03-2016, 12:51 AM
(05-03-2016 12:40 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 04:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Kea don't steal hats so much as the bolts and arrows the traders constantly leave behind... Because they keep killing keas...

I don't know. They might some day.

Not if the hordes of war dogs and their ancillary war gorillas, tigers and leopards have anything to say about it. Or the cats. Or the stray dingo. Or the cougar. Not to mention the marksdwarves. And the training spear/sword/axe/hammer/mace/wrestling dwarves.

Because we keep all our clothing, including our hats, indoors. Along with our many leather waterskins and quivers.

And the hundreds of crossbows... I'm had Bows and ArrowsDwarf churning out wooden crossbows endlessly; the material doesn't matter for the crossbow, but the quality does, and the more she makes the more masterpiece Xbows she'll pump out.

The only problem is that between her, and the dwarves constantly burning wood for charcoal to fuel the furnaces and weaponsmith's shops, the Fortress is using up more wood than nature can grow the stuff.
Also I can't sell the bows to the Elves or they'll get mad because the precious trees got hurt. Fucking elves. If I didn't want more exotic war animals I wouldn't bother to keep in good relations with them.
They wouldn't bother me so much if they would stop bringing tamed rats and things... Bastards keep gnawing their way out of the Elven wood cages and bother me.

On a similar note, I got bored, and so decided to start up a new industry for the fortress!

The Pest-selling industry!

"Hello humans, can we interest you in a fine two-legged rhino lizard? A hamster perhaps? How about this adorable tamed rat? Come on in to Claspedfields for all your pestilential pet needs!"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Got back into Dark Souls 2, going for that elusive 1000/1000 gamerscore. God damn I love this game. I love this game like a mother loves her newborn baby. More so even.
The thought of number 3 moistens my panties.
05-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Earmuff's moist panties. Sounds like click-bait. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2016, 09:29 PM
I was going through some boxes in the garage and found an old Sudoku electronic game made by some Chinese company called TechnoSource, made in 2005. I had totally forgotten about it, and the stylus for picking numbers is long gone (I discovered that I can use a small paint brush handle- even better- I don't have to find the stylus), and it still works! I'm stoked! Now I don't just have to wait until the newspaper is delivered in the morning to get the daily puzzle. Sweet!
06-03-2016, 02:29 AM
Well, up to 90 bucks on my "free" game. Big Grin

Also paused in the middle of a 50 hour sesh over last three days. Tongue

If you cats like pvp and combat, you might wanna give Blade and Soul a spin.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2016, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 05:30 AM by earmuffs.)
I'll stick to my shootem up pvp thanks. Was never much of an mmorpg pvp fan.

A mear 35 more spells (which includes the DLC spells. Some are a lot easier to get than others, some I just simply missed and are sitting in a chest somewhere. Some.. well, not so easy.) to acquire until I 100% Dark Souls 2 SotFS. Oh and beat Vendrick. So 2 more playthroughs and a shit load of sunlight medal farming and I should be there.

edit: Well that was a successful night, only 25 to go. Got all the easy ones out of the way. Only hard as fuck/impossible ones to go.
06-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Finished my first playthrough of Arkham Asylum for the PC. A solid 8/10. It's dragged down to 8 by two reasons: The PC controls, where you have to use odd key combinations for no reason. They often don't work at all and it's ends up being a real pain since Batman can't snap out of a punching or groundpound animation in favor of countering an enemy; so you end up not using the ground attacks and finishers at all in fear of getting hit (big issue in the boss fights). The other issue is with all ports, and that's the length of the game; hardly 20 hours with all Riddler secrets. But I will say that those 20 hours are damn close to perfect, and I don't feel the need to point out what was good about the game, it's too many factors.

In short, the controls could have been better, and the game a little longer. Otherwise fantastic.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
06-03-2016, 04:48 PM

#sigh