What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2016, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2016 10:06 PM by earmuffs.)
RE: What are you playing?
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg just got him to 15%, best I've done yet. Rapier ftw. And only used one phantom but used the red eye ring so the douche would focus on me and the phantom could get some decent damage in. Plus I dodged every single one of his life drains which is usually what kills me. I'm getting better.

Drangleic shield doesn't have as high stability. Stability is the key stat (after 100% physical damage block) because it means each of his hits drain less stamina and stamina is absolutely critical. No stamina = he can hit you = you're dead. Thus why the need for a greatshield such as gyrm or havel and that's why greatshields are so good.
I do use the drangleic shield as part of my build (I usually rock a staff and my halberd though and switch to shield when the time requires it) though. Good for normal mobs, not so good when you need to bare the brunt of many boss attacks in a row and still have stam left over for a counter thrust.

Regarding rings, I'm using life protect (because fuck wasting effigies), chloranthy (haven't taken it off since I got it), strength and than the last is up for debate.
Just than red eye to draw his attention away from my phantom npc. But usually something to increase my damage or resistances (bleed in this case).

edit: 10%, no phantom. This bleed is fucking killing me.

edit 2: OMFG he was soooo fucking close!! sooooo fucking close. Like 3 more hits and I would have had him. I farmed out a couple strength stats so I don't have to use the strength ring. Using the bleed ring which means he doesn't do any bleed damage to me now and blades +1 for extra damage. I'm gonna get this fucker and it's gonna be fucking glorious. Hardest boss in the game hands down.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2016, 10:27 PM
(11-03-2016 08:56 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Attention Dwarves of the Claspedfields' Militia; please stop growing attached to your equipment and naming it.

Remember that your gear is mere copper and thus not befitting to your station, existing purely as a stop-gap measure until ores befitting your kin are available, either through trade, or find and refinement.

Until such a time, this practise is not encouraged, and in fact, severely denounced, by your glorious and benevolent Overseer. So stop it. It's annoying.

So sayeth the Overseer.

[Image: latest?cb=20101029055354]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-03-2016, 10:35 PM
I just got him to 1 hit. He had pretty much zero health left. And he killed me.
Please excuse me while I go flip something and/or throw it out the window.

11-03-2016, 10:35 PM
(11-03-2016 09:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg just got him to 15%, best I've done yet. Rapier ftw. And only used one phantom but used the red eye ring so the douche would focus on me and the phantom could get some decent damage in. Plus I dodged every single one of his life drains which is usually what kills me. I'm getting better.

Drangleic shield doesn't have as high stability. Stability is the key stat (after 100% physical damage block) because it means each of his hits drain less stamina and stamina is absolutely critical. No stamina = he can hit you = you're dead. Thus why the need for a greatshield such as gyrm or havel and that's why greatshields are so good.
I do use the drangleic shield as part of my build (I usually rock a staff and my halberd though and switch to shield when the time requires it) though. Good for normal mobs, not so good when you need to bare the brunt of many boss attacks in a row and still have stam left over for a counter thrust.

Regarding rings, I'm using life protect (because fuck wasting effigies), chloranthy (haven't taken it off since I got it), strength and than the last is up for debate.
Just than red eye to draw his attention away from my phantom npc. But usually something to increase my damage or resistances (bleed in this case).

edit: 10%, no phantom. This bleed is fucking killing me.

edit 2: OMFG he was soooo fucking close!! sooooo fucking close. Like 3 more hits and I would have had him. I farmed out a couple strength stats so I don't have to use the strength ring. Using the bleed ring which means he doesn't do any bleed damage to me now and blades +1 for extra damage. I'm gonna get this fucker and it's gonna be fucking glorious. Hardest boss in the game hands down.

The stability of the Drangleic or Defender are amongst the best when their weight is also factored in. Then again, I am a dedicated Tower Shield user, thanks to it's stability, defence and light weight.

For the last ring, I always default to the Dragon Rings as I get them; they give small, but progressively larger boosts to health, stamina and equip load. I find the spread benefit to be worth it. Of course many would argue that using the Soldier's Ring or Life Ring would be better, given the larger yield of the dedicated rings, and they'd be right.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-03-2016, 10:41 PM
(11-03-2016 10:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I just got him to 1 hit. He had pretty much zero health left. And he killed me.
Please excuse me while I go flip something and/or throw it out the window.

Meanwhile, in Kiwi-Land...

[Image: giphy.gif]

But I feel for ya', I play Monster Hunter.

11-03-2016, 11:06 PM
I FUCKING KILLED HIM!! Shoved that katana blade of his up his Samurai ass and out through his fucking mouth so he was licking his own shit off the blade. Fucking cunt.

All for a fucking smelter wedge so I can kill an idol that will give me 1/12th fragment of a soul which I can combine with the other 11 fragments to form the whole soul to trade with Straid for 1 fucking spell I need to 1000/1000 this game.

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
11-03-2016, 11:12 PM
(11-03-2016 11:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I FUCKING KILLED HIM!! Shoved that katana blade of his up his Samurai ass and out through his fucking mouth so he was licking his own shit off the blade. Fucking cunt.

All for a fucking smelter wedge so I can kill an idol that will give me 1/12th fragment of a soul which I can combine with the other 11 fragments to form the whole soul to trade with Straid for 1 fucking spell I need to 1000/1000 this game.

[Image: fuck_yeah1_by_lord_iluvatar-d69lo2o.gif]

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2016, 12:56 AM
(11-03-2016 11:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I FUCKING KILLED HIM!! Shoved that katana blade of his up his Samurai ass and out through his fucking mouth so he was licking his own shit off the blade. Fucking cunt.

Well done, Padawan.

Sooo... Ancient Dragon next?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-03-2016, 05:46 AM
(12-03-2016 12:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Well done, Padawan.

Sooo... Ancient Dragon next?

You can eat dick good sir.

12-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Naked Blind Man's Bluff

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.