What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Portal 2,

Everything you have heard about this game is true. Great followup to an out out of nowhere hit it expanded on the simple formula while still giving that tight rewarding gameplay the original is known for.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-03-2016, 05:26 PM
There's this hole, called Grand Theft Auto V Online, and I fell into it.

I'm not sure I see a way out...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Well I got my 30 sunlight medals in Dark Souls 2. Wasn't actually that painful. Maybe 2 and a half hours all up?

So, now all I need to do is get the 4 lord souls (kill the Duke, Lost Sinner, Old Iron King and The Rotten on NG+) and trade them with Straid. Than kill Vendrick. Than go to NG++ and rush to Dranglic castle and buy the last 2 spells off the Chancellor and I'm done. Than I can play Lords of the Fallen.

ALSO exciting news. Stelleris and Hearts of Iron 4 (which looks fucking glorious I might add) finally have release dates. May 9th and June 6th.

So that's me for the next 3 months+. 12th April - Dark Souls 3, May 9th - Stelleris, June 6th - HoI4.

[Image: oscar.png]
16-03-2016, 05:39 AM
Anyone ever play Postal or Postal 2? I love those games. Wish there were more of them.
16-03-2016, 05:55 AM
Minecraft
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2016, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 06:29 AM by Free Thought.)
DF update time:

All's well in Claspedfields; the restructuring never happened because the Gods are fickle, and time-space was once more warped. Instead,a Reformation of Arms occurred in the new time, where nothing changed, save for the firing of the marksdwarves; no custom armour sets, no rebuilt squads. This has led the legendary melee squad, named The Armored Wealths, incidentally, to not go batshit and retain their designations as sword and spearmasters.

I have re-purposed the ex-hospital water supply channel, using it to form a border and act as a water supply to flood the land within an artificial river-boundary, as seen here:

[Image: sInFhp6.png]

I will note, all the red within the water-construct? That is the blood of Cilob, the Rampager. I do not recall reading of DF haunting mechanics that involve magical blood. ... Cilob has been dead for years at this point, and has been memorialised... I think I might have to hit up the Dwarf Fortress forum. Unless somebody would investigate that for me...? I wish I had actually got a screenshot, but Cilob's blood was coating a dwarf's mouth internals at one point.

So, why am I undertaking to flood that small region of the map? The Fortress needs to expand its farming operations; and in order to do that, they need the space; the area for above ground farming (primarily used for hemp and strawberry crops) is too small, and everywhere in the map is interrupted by rock tiles jutting amongst the soil; for a farm plot to be placed, it needs to be on either a form of soil, be that dirt, grass, sand, or on a muddy tile; by flooding the area, I will be able to use the whole region to drastically increase my seasonal yields of hemp. Why hemp particularly? Because it can be processed into thread, and woven into cloth which can be used to make clothing, which is sorely needed in Claspedfields; all but the newest residents are wearing heavily worn clothing, or rather those that have not swapped out for the new clothing being produced by Ferdinand and his small staff of clothiers and leatherworkers... Who recently completely ran out of cloth and have nothing to do until more is made or traded.

The group of skulls over on the right is my refuse stockpile. The C's represent all the cats lost to the Danger Room, and the D's the dogs that shared their fate. I have discontinued the practise. Those dwarves aren't really going to get much better. Actually, that's a lie, they just wont display it, but the stats will go higher. I just didn't want to kill more cats and dogs... The skulls are just bone and body bit refuse from my recent 'animal control' campaign. We were being covered over by stray pups and adult dogs and pigs. This was dealt with in the most Dwarven fashion possible that did not involve magma.

I have decided to start slowly replacing all the wooden items in the dining room with silver variants; I have no practical use for silver except trade, and JDog, Momsby, and Nurse (among others) keep the Fortress wealthy in trade goods, stone is not worth half the price, but they churn out masterpieces so quickly, and stone is far more available to the craftdwarfs, than silver ore is to the metalsmiths; make no mistake, the galena the silver comes from is rich in this area, but by shear mass stone is just more efficient, and the silver thrones skills the smiths up.

That's about it for now, I think... I'm starting to initiate digging further down into the depths in hopes of hitting veins of more useful ores, like iron, and flux stones to produce steel of your own. One can only dream that the Mountain blesses us with rich yields further down.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
16-03-2016, 07:45 AM
(16-03-2016 06:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  DF update time:

All's well in Claspedfields; the restructuring never happened because the Gods are fickle, and time-space was once more warped. Instead,a Reformation of Arms occurred in the new time, where nothing changed, save for the firing of the marksdwarves; no custom armour sets, no rebuilt squads. This has led the legendary melee squad, named The Armored Wealths, incidentally, to not go batshit and retain their designations as sword and spearmasters.

I have re-purposed the ex-hospital water supply channel, using it to form a border and act as a water supply to flood the land within an artificial river-boundary, as seen here:

I will note, all the red within the water-construct? That is the blood of Cilob, the Rampager. I do not recall reading of DF haunting mechanics that involve magical blood. ... Cilob has been dead for years at this point, and has been memorialised... I think I might have to hit up the Dwarf Fortress forum. Unless somebody would investigate that for me...? I wish I had actually got a screenshot, but Cilob's blood was coating a dwarf's mouth internals at one point.

So, why am I undertaking to flood that small region of the map? The Fortress needs to expand its farming operations; and in order to do that, they need the space; the area for above ground farming (primarily used for hemp and strawberry crops) is too small, and everywhere in the map is interrupted by rock tiles jutting amongst the soil; for a farm plot to be placed, it needs to be on either a form of soil, be that dirt, grass, sand, or on a muddy tile; by flooding the area, I will be able to use the whole region to drastically increase my seasonal yields of hemp. Why hemp particularly? Because it can be processed into thread, and woven into cloth which can be used to make clothing, which is sorely needed in Claspedfields; all but the newest residents are wearing heavily worn clothing, or rather those that have not swapped out for the new clothing being produced by Ferdinand and his small staff of clothiers and leatherworkers... Who recently completely ran out of cloth and have nothing to do until more is made or traded.

The group of skulls over on the right is my refuse stockpile. The C's represent all the cats lost to the Danger Room, and the D's the dogs that shared their fate. I have discontinued the practise. Those dwarves aren't really going to get much better. Actually, that's a lie, they just wont display it, but the stats will go higher. I just didn't want to kill more cats and dogs... The skulls are just bone and body bit refuse from my recent 'animal control' campaign. We were being covered over by stray pups and adult dogs and pigs. This was dealt with in the most Dwarven fashion possible that did not involve magma.

I have decided to start slowly replacing all the wooden items in the dining room with silver variants; I have no practical use for silver except trade, and JDog, Momsby, and Nurse (among others) keep the Fortress wealthy in trade goods, stone is not worth half the price, but they churn out masterpieces so quickly, and stone is far more available to the craftdwarfs, than silver ore is to the metalsmiths; make no mistake, the galena the silver comes from is rich in this area, but by shear mass stone is just more efficient, and the silver thrones skills the smiths up.

That's about it for now, I think... I'm starting to initiate digging further down into the depths in hopes of hitting veins of more useful ores, like iron, and flux stones to produce steel of your own. One can only dream that the Mountain blesses us with rich yields further down.

So when do we begin work on the Lava Superweapon?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-03-2016, 04:01 PM
(16-03-2016 07:45 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 06:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  DF update time:

So when do we begin work on the Lava Superweapon?

I can't imagine really needing such an apocalyptic engine, with our small but unquestionably elite forces... But such an attitude is... undwarflike. Once we hit magma, my first priority will be to figure out how to set up magma forges, so that we can stop relying upon the work of the wood burners; they can stop making charcoal and focus on producing ash so that we might fertilise our farms more often, thereby increasing seasonal yield dramatically.

After that, perhaps I will study on the arrangement of a Doomsday device; I am admittedly ignorant on their construction.

In the meantime, I shall continue to work of establishing safe, effective farming in the Outside. One extra benefit of farming outside is that it will prevent some of the dwarves from undergoing cave adaptation, which will over time essentially make them violently allergic to the sun. Speaking of which, I should probably has the military train outside to prevent them from getting any worse...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Playing some HoI3 (because I'm on the HoI4 hype train, choo choo). Liberating Europe from evil democratic rule and bringing them under my glorious Third Reich Empire.
Vosur would be proud. Poland, Scandinavia, Yugslovakia, Austria, Netherlands (minus her stubborn colonies in South Asia), Bulgaria (who was actually a rather tough nut to crack, though I did only have 15 panzer divisions that were in rather poor state of supply) and soon Greece (who's gonna be a pain in the ass and not surrender because I can't take Crete because my paratroopers aren't ready yet.). Hungary has already seen the light and decided to ally, as has Italy and very soon Romania (either Romania joins the axis with the stroke of a pen I force them to join the axis at the stroke of my panzer divisions so...). Japan wants too but they're too weak so screw them they're on their own. I'm not gonna gain a weak ally at the cost of having the US eventually join the war. Maybe if my navy can beat the British navy I'll consider it which is actually looking promising because I keep getting super lucky and am able to take out smaller fleets with my main battle fleets. Yet to meet their battleships though.
After Greece I will invade Belgium followed by France and Luxembourg simultaneously invade Turkey to move my troops into the Middle East and help my shitty Italian allies before they inevitable need help in Africa.

Fuck I love this game, HoI4 is going to be fucking glorious.

[Image: oscar.png]
16-03-2016, 10:43 PM