What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2016, 01:06 AM
RE: What are you playing?
DF:

Aaaand that is now 6 spawn created by the work of 'purpledaisies' Onamkubuk and 'Stark Raving' Boardjails...
Come on, guys, calm yourselves. You need not produce any more citizens of this proud fortress...

I recently upped the pop-cap to 200, so we'll see how that goes. There are currently 99 dwarves in the fort, counting the new one... I have completely given up on trying to keep up with names. From now, only dwarves that do something noteworthy will be named.

The human traders have just left for this year; in exchange for copious numbers of Bows' crossbows and copper weapons, we made off with a small number of metal bars, notably a metal platinum bar and one of steel also. Along with some more useless thinks like rose gold and billion. We also got a fine amount of booze; mostly wines made of wheat and rice. And a lot of fruit, which will be boozed up.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-03-2016, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2016 06:46 AM by Free Thought.)
(16-03-2016 06:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have re-purposed the ex-hospital water supply channel, using it to form a border and act as a water supply to flood the land within an artificial river-boundary, as seen here:

[Image: sInFhp6.png]

CensoredCensoredCensored

Well that plan was a bloody bust!
... Never mind the pun about the blood that was there; totally unintentional.

Anyway, here's the gist of it; in Mountain biomes, you can't grow outside crops. Well that's only half true; I can grow crops, so long as the farm plots are on grass soil; if not, the Mountain rule applies; the water and mud seems to have destroyed all the grass and exposed the clay soil underneath which I can't use to farm, so all that prep went completely to waste. I was hoping to get large-scale clothing industry and booze variety natively, but I guess I'll have to continue relying on trade for a large deal of it; I'm not going to run out of food any time soon, but variety in food and booze are very useful in maintaining Dwarf happiness.
I do not need repeats of the Nishi-Stukos Incident.

Fortunately, there are some small isolated locations I can set farms up on, so I can get some stuff produced.

I am unsure if grass regrows. If my hunch is correct, that puts a lifespan on my goat and alpaca-shearing... One of several decades, but one none-the-less.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2016, 08:52 PM
A warning... If you were a fan of the original game, then this may give you a nostalgia stiffy.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
18-03-2016, 01:24 AM
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
18-03-2016, 04:55 AM
Well, now all I gotta do is beat Vendrick, than I can go to NG++ and than I just have to get 3million souls (to pass shrine of winter and which wont be that hard, I'll just use all my saved up souls including my boss souls and by the time I get to it I should be close or there) and rush to Dranglic Castle to buy the last three spells I need and I'm done.
I'm on the cusk.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-03-2016, 05:15 AM
DF:

Why yes, Tekkud Zefonakrul, the Spearmaster, you made grow attached to your steel spear with my blessings as Overseer. For it is truly a weapon worthy of your kind to wield.

(18-03-2016 04:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well, now all I gotta do is beat Vendrick, than I can go to NG++ and than I just have to get 3million souls (to pass shrine of winter and which wont be that hard, I'll just use all my saved up souls including my boss souls and by the time I get to it I should be close or there) and rush to Dranglic Castle to buy the last three spells I need and I'm done.
I'm on the cusk.

I believe the word you are looking for is 'cusp'.

Also, just stick behind him and slightly to the left and you shouldn't have to worry much about him. Just make sure that you keep your spatial awareness and when he gets near a wall, bolt away and dodge the leap attack and repeat. Also make sure you have all of the Giant's Souls in your inventory.

18-03-2016, 05:44 AM
(18-03-2016 05:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  DF:

Why yes, Tekkud Zefonakrul, the Spearmaster, you made grow attached to your steel spear with my blessings as Overseer. For it is truly a weapon worthy of your kind to wield.

(18-03-2016 04:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well, now all I gotta do is beat Vendrick, than I can go to NG++ and than I just have to get 3million souls (to pass shrine of winter and which wont be that hard, I'll just use all my saved up souls including my boss souls and by the time I get to it I should be close or there) and rush to Dranglic Castle to buy the last three spells I need and I'm done.
I'm on the cusk.

I believe the word you are looking for is 'cusp'.

Also, just stick behind him and slightly to the left and you shouldn't have to worry much about him. Just make sure that you keep your spatial awareness and when he gets near a wall, bolt away and dodge the leap attack and repeat. Also make sure you have all of the Giant's Souls in your inventory.

Did it, he wasn't too bad. Quick fire sword did the trick.
Now all that stands between me and my 1000/1000 is 2.2mill more souls, 5 falconers, a ghost, 2 deformed things, 2 more ghosts, 2 swordsmen, 2 elephantmen, a phantom, 2 crossbowmen and a handful of swordsmen that I need to kill close to a petrified golem.
18-03-2016, 02:58 PM
DF: I would like to announce that starvation in the fortress is henceforth literally impossible unless it is suicide.

We have 275 bits of meat, 286 fish, and 1195 plants at the moment that can be consumed. Add to them the 9726 prepared meals the fortress has, and the 1620 individual seeds from a grand multitude of species, our dwarves absolutely shan't want for any food. We have 109 dwarves currently, 12 of which are children, half of said belong to Stark/purpledaisesDwarves.

Claspedfields could probably last a decade without new food intake....

Also, we have a newly named Dwarf; 'Sam' Bemrekuzar, the stonecrafter. He recently created the artefact Okolastas:
[Image: YnQE8up.png]

18-03-2016, 06:17 PM
The first Borderlands. Blush
Like, a LOT! Hobo

19-03-2016, 12:53 AM
The fucking achievement bugged out.
I got the last three spells I needed, got master of pyromancy but didn't get master of miracles achievements. Figured I missed one but nope, it says 100% AND I got the achievement for getting all the achievements... But it's sitting at 970/1000... even though the master of miracles achievement says 100%. ><