What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2016, 03:19 AM
RE: What are you playing?
FIFA 16!!

Finished 2nd in the Bundesliga as manager of FC Kolne!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Kyx's post
18-04-2016, 03:51 AM
(18-04-2016 03:19 AM)Kyx Wrote:  FIFA 16!!

Finished 2nd in the Bundesliga as manager of FC Kolne!!

[Image: 2f3640a3393b93b2fb5049e133de5addf3bef697...f0b0e8.jpg]

That's all Greek to me, but congrats all the same. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-04-2016, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2016 07:45 PM by ELK12695.)
So I tried completing Fallout 4 again with a different playstyle; but all in all I was halted by pure boredom. If you like to kill wierd mutated things over and over, it's a perfect game; but otherwise, it is so lacking. I still have a feeling there is nothing to do, no quests aside from the few you get in the two major towns in the game that aren't Brotherhood/Railroad ect fetch and search quests.

Those tiny stories you had Skyrim, stealing mead for the drunk, get the preist his journal back from the crypt, beating up the racists in Windhelm; it all had these tiny stories you like to hear for the hell of it, and then help them for a small buck. These kind of quests are almost gone in FO4, and dispite the fact that there isn't a noticeable lack of NPC's to get it from(that or I really just suck at finding them). The world therefore feels empty and pointless to traverse at times.

And when settlement building lacks the basics expected from the Sims 1, a game made almost 17 years ago, you're gonna pull hairs out your anus before you touch it again. And then there's the main quest. I could post a whole reddit section of people nitpicking it to death, but my biggest problem is that unlike Fallout NV where you could negotiate with the opposing factions, FO4 *forces* you to pick a side (although the BOX COVER says you don't have to). And it gets worse. If you play as the Brotherhood, they force you commit a brutal genocide against two whole factions, with no diplomatic alternatives whatsoever. Worse, if you play as the Railroad, Institute and for some reason, even the Minutemen forces you to commit even more genocide by shooting down The Prydwen with it's massive crew, instead of seeking out an diplomatic alternative to getting rid of the Brotherhood. There are DEFENSELESS CHILDREN aboard that ship. It's okay to kill kids as long as you don't see it huh Bethesda? I'm sorry, but just because kids have SetEssential 1 enabled elsewhere, doesn't mean I didn't sentence them to painful death of roasting alive when the ship crashes. In short, regardless if you play good or bad, charismatic or not, you're still going to become a merciless genocidal maniac. Maybe I'm spoiled from playing Fallout NV. Atleast that game had a little brains here and there, nevermind an actual ENDING.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
22-04-2016, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2016 10:33 PM by EvolutionKills.)
Finally beat Dragon Age: Inquisition as a human male mage, just barely missing the unholy trifecta by not playing as an elf. Started a second game, this tine as a female dalish elf warrior. Going to roll with Sera, Iron Bull, and Dorian. Having fun making people's heads explode with the anachronism of being an unbelieving elf paraded around as a pseudo 'prophet' for another religion.

22-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Been getting back into World of Tanks. Been a semi-regular addiction of mine almost since it first came out.
22-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Picked up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. Been messing around as a Knight. So far so good killed the first real boss (the Tauren) in 1 shot.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-04-2016, 11:30 PM
(22-04-2016 10:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Picked up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. Been messing around as a Knight. So far so good killed the first real boss (the Tauren) in 1 shot.

It feel off the edge?
23-04-2016, 03:02 AM
(22-04-2016 11:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 10:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Picked up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. Been messing around as a Knight. So far so good killed the first real boss (the Tauren) in 1 shot.

It feel off the edge?

[Image: latest?cb=20140103160059]

Attack his weak point for massive damage.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-04-2016, 03:49 AM
(22-04-2016 07:42 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  And when settlement building lacks the basics expected from the Sims 1, a game made almost 17 years ago, you're gonna pull hairs out your anus before you touch it again. And then there's the main quest. I could post a whole reddit section of people nitpicking it to death, but my biggest problem is that unlike Fallout NV where you could negotiate with the opposing factions, FO4 *forces* you to pick a side (although the BOX COVER says you don't have to).

Negotiate? Siding with Caesar has you killing NCR soldiers. Siding with NCR has you killing the Legion. Siding with House or yourself has you attacking everyone. There isn't a confrontation free ending to New Vegas.

Plus, you don't have to pick a side if you just never finish the main quest. There is no time limit like in FO1, where you will get a 'game over' if you take too long playing around. Once you realize that you're upon the point of no return, you can just stop, and all of the factions stop with you. It's not like if you wait too long, the Prydwen carpet bombs the Institute on their own.

(22-04-2016 07:42 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  And it gets worse. If you play as the Brotherhood, they force you commit a brutal genocide against two whole factions, with no diplomatic alternatives whatsoever.

Yeah, the Brotherhood are zealots, they do nasty shit in the belief that their ends always justify their means. Every Brotherhood knight would put a bullet into the head of Hancock, Valentine, or Curie without batting an eye. Their ideology justifies their actions, by positing everything against the backdrop of human extinction; it's very easy to justify genocide in the face of extinction.

(22-04-2016 07:42 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Worse, if you play as the Railroad, Institute and for some reason, even the Minutemen forces you to commit even more genocide by shooting down The Prydwen with it's massive crew, instead of seeking out an diplomatic alternative to getting rid of the Brotherhood.

The problem isn't the outcome, it's the execution. Even a short quest detour where an attempt at diplomacy was tried and shot down would at least give better justification. But the idea that the Brotherhood are militaristic zealots that only trust their own judgement and always do things their own way? I get it. They're basically the wasteland's Al Quedia; using force and terror to advance their ideology at any costs, because they know they are right.

(22-04-2016 07:42 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  There are DEFENSELESS CHILDREN aboard that ship. It's okay to kill kids as long as you don't see it huh Bethesda? I'm sorry, but just because kids have SetEssential 1 enabled elsewhere, doesn't mean I didn't sentence them to painful death of roasting alive when the ship crashes.

You could kill children in the first two games, and in some instances, they could kill you too. Seriously, one of those kids in Klamath has a grenade in his inventory, and he will use it if needed (or if the AI bugs out).

But on the other hand, that is the nature of the wasteland. There are no heroes, nobody is in the right, everyone has good reasons to do what they do. That places all of them on a collision course with yourself as the catalyst that tips the balance of power one way or another. You're placed in the untenable position of making a choice between a selection of bad options, and having to live with the consequences as forces beyond your control take effect and play out. 'Unintended consequences' is the modus operandi of the end game.

Also, the child soldiers help reinforce that terrorism parallel I pointed out earlier, doesn't it?

(22-04-2016 07:42 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  In short, regardless if you play good or bad, charismatic or not, you're still going to become a merciless genocidal maniac. Maybe I'm spoiled from playing Fallout NV. Atleast that game had a little brains here and there, nevermind an actual ENDING.

Even if you sided with yourself at the end of New Vegas, how many people had you already killed by the end? How much less of a 'genocidal manic' was your character?

You'll never be able to please everyone, the forces involved are too unyielding to make that possible. Ultimately, all three major players cannot fundamentally peacefully coexist. The Brotherhood cannot suffer the existence of a technological rival with the potential (nay, near certainty) of ending mankind by making them effectively obsolete. The Institute cannot just ignore the Brotherhood on their doorstep, or the Railroad hiding in the shadows. The Railroad cannot abide either the enslavement or genocide of the synths, making them opposed to both the Institute and Brotherhood. Of those three factions, the Railroad is the only one that could conceivably peacefully coexist with the Minutemen given both groups ideologies and goals; with the both the Institutes' and Brotherhoods' casual disregard for the well being of the common people being deal breakers.

There is no happy ending in Fallout 4, and I'm okay with that.

[Image: 1079bd026d18400f6b959ccc195d6687.jpg]

23-04-2016, 09:05 AM
(23-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Negotiate? Siding with Caesar has you killing NCR soldiers. Siding with NCR has you killing the Legion. Siding with House or yourself has you attacking everyone. There isn't a confrontation free ending to New Vegas.

Attacking? I can go about as I please in New Vegas. I can sneak past everyone in the Hoover Dam battle and not touch a single legionnaire. Infact, aside from Nelson, I don't think the game forces you to kill legionnaires at all. I didn't say that I wanted a "confrontation free" alternative to the "Killing the other faction" plotlines. I wanted a "confrontation" which leads to a more peaceful alternative than a straight up series of executions. (BTW, I never play as the Legion. They're all pretty much unspeakable assholes)

(23-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Plus, you don't have to pick a side if you just never finish the main quest. There is no time limit like in FO1, where you will get a 'game over' if you take too long playing around. Once you realize that you're upon the point of no return, you can just stop, and all of the factions stop with you. It's not like if you wait too long, the Prydwen carpet bombs the Institute on their own.

Yeah, that's called ignoring the the story. Pretending there isn't a story doesn't change the fact that there is a story; and that it has problems.

(23-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, the Brotherhood are zealots, they do nasty shit in the belief that their ends always justify their means. Every Brotherhood knight would put a bullet into the head of Hancock, Valentine, or Curie without batting an eye. Their ideology justifies their actions, by positing everything against the backdrop of human extinction; it's very easy to justify genocide in the face of extinction.

I know that, but the Brotherhood of Steel chapter in the Mojave Desert under the command of Elder Mcnamara and the people who stayed behind with Elder Lyons, are living proof that the Brotherhood isn't black and white. I will agree that it takes extraordinary circumstances to change the Brotherhood's mind. I, the player however, has always been able to be that extraordinary circumstance. You can't in Fallout 4, and in comparison to the series as a whole, that's just alien.

(23-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The problem isn't the outcome, it's the execution. Even a short quest detour where an attempt at diplomacy was tried and shot down would at least give better justification. But the idea that the Brotherhood are militaristic zealots that only trust their own judgement and always do things their own way? I get it. They're basically the wasteland's Al Quedia; using force and terror to advance their ideology at any costs, because they know they are right.

Tried and shot down? What about the matter of Danse and Maxson? I convinced Maxson to stay his hand, and me refusing to execute him. I then get promoted to Paladin. Say hypothetically I planted a bomb inside the Prydwen as the Railroad or Minutemen, and then confronted Maxson. I could tell Maxson he and his brothers and sisters were well and truly fucked, and unless he retreats from the Commonwealth, his ship will detonate and his whole chapter most likely goes to hell. After a sucsessful speech check, Maxson complies, but swears he will return one day in the future. Same with the Railroad. You could confront them and say it the obvious; leave the Commonwealth or be mauled by a superior force that shows no mercy. The Railroad complies, but swears they will return in greater numbers. This is exactly the same comprimises that were possible in the other games, namely New Vegas.

Unlike a FEV induced Super Mutant or an AI(not Eden), The Brotherhood, Railroad, Minutemen; they're human. And you can reason with humans, believe it or not. If I want to, I can be Commonwealth's answer to Jean-Luc Picard; 10 in Charisma, and ALWAYS willing to TRY diplomacy before genocide, unlike FO4 which gives you no choice. And that is the key; to choose.

(23-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You could kill children in the first two games, and in some instances, they could kill you too. Seriously, one of those kids in Klamath has a grenade in his inventory, and he will use it if needed (or if the AI bugs out).

And? I can kill children with Killable Children in FO3 and NV and Stranger Danger in Skyrim. Do I do it? No, I don't like killing children. Are you forgetting something here?

https://youtu.be/i5QzComfZU4?t=6m18s

And

https://youtu.be/8yn0PXkaIsM?t=29m46s

(23-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But on the other hand, that is the nature of the wasteland. There are no heroes, nobody is in the right, everyone has good reasons to do what they do. That places all of them on a collision course with yourself as the catalyst that tips the balance of power one way or another. You're placed in the untenable position of making a choice between a selection of bad options, and having to live with the consequences as forces beyond your control take effect and play out. 'Unintended consequences' is the modus operandi of the end game.

Also, the child soldiers help reinforce that terrorism parallel I pointed out earlier, doesn't it?

Oh sure, but unlike the White Phosphorus scene in Spec Ops: The Line, where the story is "set" and there isn't anything you can do about it, you CAN in Bethesda's games. That's the whole point; you can do whatever you want in them and still make a story out of it. You have always been put in bad situations in any Bethesda game. This is just the first time you've been given a severe lack of options to solve the situation, where here you can only choose to go along with it or turn the game off in dissapointment.

Remember the nuclear missile launch in Longsome Road? I can choose an insane genocide against NCR or Legion citizens, but you can also allow ED-I to sacrifice itself for the good of many. That was hard choice I had to take due to 'Unintended consequences'. Same with FO3's ending where you don't have to send yourself into the radiation death machine and just make Fawkes do it.

Also, the stuff you're saying about the "nature of the wasteland" is just wrong. Just because it's a norm, doesn't make it right. Again, I should be able to prevent genocide and the death of children. But I can't. And I also happen to be a person who kills Deathclaws by punching them and maintaining a romantic relationship with five people at the same time. I am a demigod who should be able to defy expectations at any time. Mind you, I would have found it a problem if the idea was reversed aswell; that the Railroad or Brotherhood couldn't be savagely exterminated and only convinced to leave.

In other words, as my cousin said, who really made me think of this, the fact that you can't select a peaceful route to deal with the factions you really don't have a quarrel with, severly deminishes the replayability factor.
Regardless of how many times to start a new save, you're still gonna be a butcher who didn't try negotiations.

(23-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Even if you sided with yourself at the end of New Vegas, how many people had you already killed by the end? How much less of a 'genocidal manic' was your character?

Actually quite a bit. I have done a clean paragon run of NV. I drove off the Power Gangers in self-defense, but never attacked the Prison Complex. I convinced the Great Khans to cast off the Ceasar's Legion intiation, and leave the Moajve. I convinced the Brotherhood chapter to make peace with the NCR, and I didn't kill any Super Mutants since I snuck by them, convicing Tabiha to leave. The Boomers got what they wanted, and made peace with the Kings and NCR Squatters. I never massarced Cottonwood Cove or The Fort, and the battle of Nelson is optional, although you can justify the battle as a liberation. I snuck by the final battle, confronted Legate Lanius, and convinced him to abandon his campaign, for now. And with the NCR in control, I have given Nevada the best shot at democracy they can get. It can be done, and I'm sure I could do something similar in FO3. It hurts me that I can't make a similar set of choices near the endgame in FO4.

(23-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You'll never be able to please everyone, the forces involved are too unyielding to make that possible. Ultimately, all three major players cannot fundamentally peacefully coexist. The Brotherhood cannot suffer the existence of a technological rival with the potential (nay, near certainty) of ending mankind by making them effectively obsolete. The Institute cannot just ignore the Brotherhood on their doorstep, or the Railroad hiding in the shadows. The Railroad cannot abide either the enslavement or genocide of the synths, making them opposed to both the Institute and Brotherhood. Of those three factions, the Railroad is the only one that could conceivably peacefully coexist with the Minutemen given both groups ideologies and goals; with the both the Institutes' and Brotherhoods' casual disregard for the well being of the common people being deal breakers.

Coexistance and unyielding positions? Again, I could tell Legate Lanius, a bloodthirsty brainwashed madman to evacuate his forces. I could tell General Lee Oliver, a man hell bent on taking New Vegas for a decade, to fuck off from Nevada. I could convince Ulysses that mankind isn't lost and have him fight by my side. I could convince an AI like Eden that the Enclave is immoral and must dissappear. Or what about the BoS in the West? What about making peace with the NCR, their bitter enemy in the Mojave who killed dozens of them. The Kings and the NCR Squatters. Even with The Great Khans I could make peace. And lastly, The Master from FO1, who wanted to assmililate the whole planet, but agrees to terminate himself when presented with evidence of his failed plan. I'd say these factions and induviduals are quite unyielding. And yet, you can change it.

A lot of these situations are temporary soulutions, but still solutions to the problem of coexistance. And who knows, maybe I'll sit down with a cup of tea, discussing peace with the Brotherhood and the Railroad in the future. You never know.

I actually agree with both Railroad, Brotherhood and the Minutemen that the Institute must be removed in some form. I don't agree with the Brotherhood mercilessly executing the greatest scientists in the world while they're crying for mercy, instead of capturing and interrogating them like smart people would do. And of course I do not agree with Maxson idioticly ordering the whole Institute to be blown up instead of securing and containing the facility, which is the the Brotherhood's whole goddamn purpose in the first place. I actually don't know what the Railroad and Minutemen do when they attack the Institute, but I don't think I'm gonna find out since they demand me to shoot down a fully manned airship.

(23-04-2016 03:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is no happy ending in Fallout 4, and I'm okay with that.

Happy ending? I'm afraid that happy ending thing kinda took the train to nowherewille with the gigantic nuclear cataclysm, the execution of your spouse, that your supposed son has grown up to be an emotionless dick, nevermind the fact that the "ending" doesn't even address the actions the Lone Survivor did (that the game continues after the main quest is over is no excuse). But I'm still allowed to be a nice guy in a shit world, doing the best I can if I want to.

All in all, Fallout 4 gives you less control over the actions of your own character; a lack of personality. If Bethesda thinks that they can only create a suspenseful ending to their game through forced violent confrontations, then I may no longer be their target audience.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."