What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Been playing Arkham Knight lately. Got it on sale at Bundlestar for $23! All the DLC too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2016 09:54 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(24-04-2016 11:34 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 08:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  85°C is overheating? My GTX 970 doesn't start to throttle performance until it hits 87°C, and it never hits that because it's a Maxwell chip in a EVGA card with their custom heat-sink placed inside an Air 540 dual chamber case.

I mean, I've heard that AMD's run hot and loud. When was the last time you cleaned out your case? Might be time to get a can of compressed air and dust off all of your fans.

Kind of an outdated question (since you're running an SLI to my knowledge), but the 970 memory problem at its launch; seen any problems related to it?

None that I've noticed that I've been able to peg on it. I can get a VRAM hog like GTAV Online to run 1080p60 with most of the bells and whistles on. More so my problems have been related to general poor optimization or terrible SLI support, like Far Cry: Primal which ran fa

Well, one of my GTX 970's did shit the bad, blew out a capacitor or something. But it was entirely covered and replaced by EVGA's warranty, so I was just stuck running a single card for a few weeks. Next rig I'm totally going EVGA again, gotta love that 3 year warranty.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-04-2016, 03:14 PM
(25-04-2016 09:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 11:34 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Kind of an outdated question (since you're running an SLI to my knowledge), but the 970 memory problem at its launch; seen any problems related to it?

None that I've noticed that I've been able to peg on it. I can get a VRAM hog like GTAV Online to run 1080p60 with most of the bells and whistles on. More so my problems have been related to general poor optimization or terrible SLI support, like Far Cry: Primal which ran fa

Well, one of my GTX 970's did shit the bad, blew out a capacitor or something. But it was entirely covered and replaced by EVGA's warranty, so I was just stuck running a single card for a few weeks. Next rig I'm totally going EVGA again, gotta love that 3 year warranty.

GTA V has also been wierd to my Gainward 980. If I enabled all the sliders in the Advanced section the framerate would drop to 30 fps in 1080. Other games I've had issues with is Assassins Creed: Black Flag, but I'm pretty sure that's Ubisoft's fault considering their reputation with PC optimization. I've also had problems with FO4 sometimes, but all of that ended when I turned down shadowlenghts, which apperently is insane on Ultra and High; pretty sure I know why the console versions of FO4 lags all the fucking time.

I'd say this 980 I have is doing well. Generally keeps itself below 60 Celcius on most games, unlike my old 670 which I could boil eggs on whenever I ran Shadow of Mordor.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
27-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Okay, just found the problem: for whatever reason, the new driver (16.3.2) stuck the GPU fans at 24%. I read it happened widespreadly with a driver last november, had no idea the glitch was still around. I use Speedfan now to set fan speeds depending on what I play (so that I won't have to activate AMD Overdrive and kill warranty) and things run somewhat louder but cool. If you have an AMD card from the 300 series that's running hot, try this first before shelling out for a new case or anything.
27-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Just caught Joker picking his nose. That bastard.

[Image: 13116156_986929284709848_2716294116195570929_o.jpg]
28-04-2016, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016 10:56 AM by ELK12695.)
Thanks again for fucking me and Nexusmods, Bethesda/Zedimax. Now I have to wait a week or more untill somebody figures out how to bypass your DRM, if there even is a bypass. And all my saves are probably fucked too. You're so considerate, Todd. Or maybe I should look at you, Robert A. Assman.

[Image: e5d81ff78de3f37dab85151fcf588a52.png]

[Image: tumblr_matht5ec4D1qcn0epo8_250.gif]

Update

A few mins after I posted this shit, an update came from Nexus, and it's actually working. No more freakish man children walking around as a result of the corrupted Child Settlers mod.

I win Zenimax. You lose.

28-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Trying to get the hang of building a decent settlement in Fallout 4... Easy enough to do, with one problem, namely that it looks shit.

Right now Sanctuary looks more like a concentration camp.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2016, 06:08 PM
(28-04-2016 05:54 PM)Sam Wrote:  Trying to get the hang of building a decent settlement in Fallout 4... Easy enough to do, with one problem, namely that it looks shit.

Here's a protip. If you have any ambitions of creating something beautiful or symmetrical; give it up. The devs haven't given you enough resources in the vanilla game to make something good or cool looking. You can try of course, but the mechanics have a pattern of working fine for 5 minutes, and just when you're starting to feel good about making something nice, the game says "Oh I'm sorry, but we can't let you do that". For example, the game will just refuse to let you snap walls together for no reason, and it still won't work after trying everything to make it work.

If you wanna make something, "decent" I guess, stick to simple things. And get used to having wierd and off putting holes and lack of supports in your structures, 'cause Bethesda lol.

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
28-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Also Sam, if you have the Local Leader perk and you had an idea of building a hub, like a bar for your settlers to gather, you're gonna have a bad time. Pretty much every trading stand in the catalouge has these tall signs that will clip into roofs, making it an illegal action to place it. You can use the doormat glitch to make it work I guess, but that's no guarantee (and you'll be having a sign sticking up through a soild roof). You can also make a second story wall to "raise the roof". You can't stack walls on top of eachother though, you have to place upper floors, place walls on top of that and then remove the floor. However, you'll be stuck with a very visible gap between the walls, seemingly floating in mid air. So, I guess you have to use imagination and pretend there's not a giant hole there.

28-04-2016, 08:54 PM
What are you playing?
(28-04-2016 06:08 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 05:54 PM)Sam Wrote:  Trying to get the hang of building a decent settlement in Fallout 4... Easy enough to do, with one problem, namely that it looks shit.

Here's a protip. If you have any ambitions of creating something beautiful or symmetrical; give it up. The devs haven't given you enough resources in the vanilla game to make something good or cool looking. You can try of course, but the mechanics have a pattern of working fine for 5 minutes, and just when you're starting to feel good about making something nice, the game says "Oh I'm sorry, but we can't let you do that". For example, the game will just refuse to let you snap walls together for no reason, and it still won't work after trying everything to make it work.

If you wanna make something, "decent" I guess, stick to simple things. And get used to having wierd and off putting holes and lack of supports in your structures, 'cause Bethesda lol.

Yep, all very true... Not nearly enough resources available, and the build mechanic is clunky as hell.

With weapons and armour on, I can carry about 30 or 40 items of junk, with a follower carrying about the same... If I'm lucky I might get about 100 steel out of it, which you need for pretty much everything.

I have no idea where I can find concrete in the quantities I need to build anything worthwhile with it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user