What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 07:55 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(29-04-2016 05:59 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  In other news, I still mute the game and disable subtitles whenever I clear the wreck of the FMS Northern Star to get the agility bobblehead. Atleast John Carpenter had the excuse of a limited budget and time in The Thing with this guy:

Atleast Bethesda could have gotten an actual Norwegian to proofcheck the lines, or a Norwegian that didn't get a 2 in the final exam on his own language, lol.

There's a 'first world problems' joke in there someplace, but damned if I can find it. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2016, 08:14 AM
(29-04-2016 07:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 05:59 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  In other news, I still mute the game and disable subtitles whenever I clear the wreck of the FMS Northern Star to get the agility bobblehead. Atleast John Carpenter had the excuse of a limited budget and time in The Thing with this guy:

Atleast Bethesda could have gotten an actual Norwegian to proofcheck the lines, or a Norwegian that didn't get a 2 in the final exam on his own language, lol.

There's a 'first world problems' joke in there someplace, but damned if I can find it. Tongue

Oh sure. But I get more embarrased than a japanese school girl when I hear them say "det gjorde vondt!"(that hurt!), like he's prasing his dog or something.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
30-04-2016, 07:15 AM
I have an idea for a Fallout 4 build:

The Straight-Edge Sole Survivor CM Punk

Rules:
Male, long beard, long hair, slim but very fit physical build.

No Chem or Alcohol consumption, zero tolerance for addicts, unless they want to be "healed" by your powers as the Straight-Edge Savior.

Very High Charisma stats, able to convince anything to the Straight Edge cause, in combat or not. Medium Strength stats, Medium to high Luck stats for that unexpected critical hit:

It is essential that Cait is your follower. She will be the closest you have to Luke Gallows or Serena.

Attitude against anybody you meet in the game is defined by one word; superiority. You're the only clean person in a world tainted by chems and alcohol.

Power armor is allowed; it's not a drug after all.

Combat style is preferably unarmed, but meele weapons can be used in a pinch:

Allegiance will belong to any faction which claims a superior moral highground, irrelevant of the public's wishes.

30-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Wow, watching that roundhouse kick video only made me further appreciate real MMA fighting. Just every time his leg went up I kept thinking about how Mirko 'Cro-Cop' Filipović would have gotten his foot there in less than half the time, and most likely knocked his opponent unconscious. I mean, I know it's a weekly show and the male equivalent to soap operas, where the 'story' and continuity are arguably the real draws. But damn, it's really hard to have that not break your immersion once you've gotten really into MMA. Undecided

30-04-2016, 07:35 AM
(30-04-2016 07:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wow, watching that roundhouse kick video only made me further appreciate real MMA fighting. Just every time his leg went up I kept thinking about how Mirko 'Cro-Cop' Filipović would have gotten his foot there in less than half the time, and most likely knocked his opponent unconscious. I mean, I know it's a weekly show and the male equivalent to soap operas, where the 'story' and continuity are arguably the real draws. But damn, it's really hard to have that not break your immersion once you've gotten really into MMA. Undecided

MMA and the UFC has become what wrestling was in the 70's and 80's, aside from the scripted endings and spot calling. People cut promos on eachother, fans come to see the fighters they love win, and to watch the ones they really hate get their ass kicked.

WWE would be way better off if they dropped the soap opera shit to a minimum and let people wrestle, but I could fill book about how that's not gonna happen, atleast not untill Vince McMahon is dead.

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
30-04-2016, 08:34 AM
(30-04-2016 07:35 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 07:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wow, watching that roundhouse kick video only made me further appreciate real MMA fighting. Just every time his leg went up I kept thinking about how Mirko 'Cro-Cop' Filipović would have gotten his foot there in less than half the time, and most likely knocked his opponent unconscious. I mean, I know it's a weekly show and the male equivalent to soap operas, where the 'story' and continuity are arguably the real draws. But damn, it's really hard to have that not break your immersion once you've gotten really into MMA. Undecided

MMA and the UFC has become what wrestling was in the 70's and 80's, aside from the scripted endings and spot calling. People cut promos on eachother, fans come to see the fighters they love win, and to watch the ones they really hate get their ass kicked.

WWE would be way better off if they dropped the soap opera shit to a minimum and let people wrestle, but I could fill book about how that's not gonna happen, atleast not untill Vince McMahon is dead.

Yeah, but you can get new WWE wrestling how many times a week? Versus how many fights a year does any single MMA fighter undertake?

If you want to see an actual fight, you go MMA; but the very real physical limitations of exertion, recovery, and training put a cap on how often they fight. But if you enjoy a bit of rivalry and melodrama with your spectacle, and enjoy your fix on a more regular basis, pro-wrestling is the way to go. Neither will subsume the other, because they're offering very different things to different audiences. That they're tangentially related by way of both being 'about fighting' seems almost incidental these days.

30-04-2016, 09:39 AM
(30-04-2016 08:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 07:35 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  MMA and the UFC has become what wrestling was in the 70's and 80's, aside from the scripted endings and spot calling. People cut promos on eachother, fans come to see the fighters they love win, and to watch the ones they really hate get their ass kicked.

Yeah, but you can get new WWE wrestling how many times a week? Versus how many fights a year does any single MMA fighter undertake?

If you want to see an actual fight, you go MMA; but the very real physical limitations of exertion, recovery, and training put a cap on how often they fight. But if you enjoy a bit of rivalry and melodrama with your spectacle, and enjoy your fix on a more regular basis, pro-wrestling is the way to go. Neither will subsume the other, because they're offering very different things to different audiences. That they're tangentially related by way of both being 'about fighting' seems almost incidental these days.

Wasn't comparing MMA to WWE, TNA or any other promotion today. I'm talking about the WWWF, the AWA, NWA and other promotions that date back all the way to the 50's. Bruno Sammartino defended his title maybe three times a year, and he held the title for over 10 years combined. The melodrama was something Vince K. McMahon, son of Vince Sr. created and popularized. It made him a millionare, and he effectively killed kayfabe in the process, also with the help of the internet.

Back then the fights were "real" to everyone who saw it, and you were mocked or smacked in the face if you believed otherwise.

And I'm not gonna get into that injury and fatigue part.

I already know where this discussion is going after fighting with Banjo over it, so whatever.

30-04-2016, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 01:17 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(30-04-2016 09:39 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 08:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, but you can get new WWE wrestling how many times a week? Versus how many fights a year does any single MMA fighter undertake?

Wasn't comparing MMA to WWE, TNA or any other promotion today. I'm talking about the WWWF, the AWA, NWA and other promotions that date back all the way to the 50's. Bruno Sammartino defended his title maybe three times a year, and he held the title for over 10 years combined. The melodrama was something Vince K. McMahon, son of Vince Sr. created and popularized. It made him a millionare, and he effectively killed kayfabe in the process, also with the help of the internet.

Back then the fights were "real" to everyone who saw it, and you were mocked or smacked in the face if you believed otherwise.

And I'm not gonna get into that injury and fatigue part.

I already know where this discussion is going after fighting with Banjo over it, so whatever.

What? Those guys are real athletes. But there is a certain amount of restraint that pro-wrestling requires that's not seen in MMA, precisely because they are expected to be out in the ring next week (in another city and state, possibly on the other side of the country too); they cannot afford weeks of recovery between bouts if they can help it. It's a different sort of athleticism, but no less respectable. Any more so than the difference between a sprinter and a marathon runner.

Plus, I remember watching Brock Lesnar's first MMA fight. Dude represented.

30-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Warframe better stop its shit. Every thing I want never drops. It has been three months and still no lex prime receiver, vasto prime blue print, vectis prime receiver, or bronco prime barrel.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-04-2016, 10:16 PM
(30-04-2016 08:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Warframe better stop its shit. Every thing I want never drops. It has been three months and still no lex prime receiver, vasto prime blue print, vectis prime receiver, or bronco prime barrel.

Hence, why I stopped playing Warframe.