What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 06:39 AM
RE: What are you playing?
X-box.........

I've had one for quite a while - but only had a couple of games (Halo, Halo2, 1/2 Life, Doom, Doom2... typical first person shootemup.....)

But - I'd taken the system out to the shed where I do syrup in the spring as a distraction for sitting around..................

Sooooo...

Yesterday I picked up a X-box -with controllers and a dozen or so games (I haven't played) -- in good working condition --- for $20.

Some of you will probably go --- "LAME!!!!" ----- but guess what???

You played the same games years ago - and enjoyed them at the time --- but you spent HUNDREDS on the system and games you bought.......

Patience, is really a virtue.....

In another year or so, I'll get an X-box 360....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 07:03 AM
(08-05-2016 06:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  X-box.........

I've had one for quite a while - but only had a couple of games (Halo, Halo2, 1/2 Life, Doom, Doom2... typical first person shootemup.....)

But - I'd taken the system out to the shed where I do syrup in the spring as a distraction for sitting around..................

Sooooo...

Yesterday I picked up a X-box -with controllers and a dozen or so games (I haven't played) -- in good working condition --- for $20.

Some of you will probably go --- "LAME!!!!" ----- but guess what???

You played the same games years ago - and enjoyed them at the time --- but you spent HUNDREDS on the system and games you bought.......

Patience, is really a virtue.....

In another year or so, I'll get an X-box 360....

Big Grin

sounds smart to me. i never get games when theyre released. i always wait a year or so till theyre on sale. i mainly play indie games anyways, and theyre usually cheap.
10-05-2016, 11:40 PM
(08-05-2016 06:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In another year or so, I'll get an X-box 360....

Big Grin

Better put one on hold, they stopped manufacturing them.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-05-2016, 12:00 AM
Yeah, and it's likely to fuck up on you eventually, with the red rings of death. Good luck getting it replaced now. I witnessed 3 of those things break down over time.
12-05-2016, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 03:45 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-05-2016 12:00 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Yeah, and it's likely to fuck up on you eventually, with the red rings of death. Good luck getting it replaced now. I witnessed 3 of those things break down over time.

Later SKU's mostly worked that particular bug out of the system. If I remember correctly, it was caused by the GPU overheating and melting a bit of solder where the GPU PCB connected with the rest of the motherboard; this combined with heat flex of the PCB caused the GPU to quite literally break away from the rest of the motherboard, rendering the console inoperable. That means that refurbished first-gen units (very popular with Game Stop) could be fixed if you knew how to pop open the case and solder the pieces back, but there was no guarantee that the unit wouldn't suffer the same failure again; soldering the pieces back together didn't fix the very fundamental design oversights of the system. The later revisions had a redesigned PCB, motherboard, and had overall better air flow to keep thermal levels in check. But that's not to say that if you play it in long marathon sessions, or have the unit in a poorly ventilated spot, or allow its vents to get clogged with dust, that it cannot suffer the same fate.

Long story short, avoid the large original versions (white model, far left). Get either a Model S (Slim, middle of the picture) or the last revision, the Model E (looks like an Xbox One, far right).

[Image: XBOX_360_35791989_35791991_35789091_35791992_01.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-05-2016, 05:58 AM
Anyone play Boom Beach on their phone?
12-05-2016, 11:11 AM
I am going to record a game of Dreadnought if anyone is interested in seeing it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Watch me suck

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
12-05-2016, 03:52 PM
For the last month Dark souls 3 has been life. last 2 weeks has been PvP nonstop (while playing). I made a pvp character and I'm nigh unstoppable for anybody/group who doesn't have an awesome weapon, great timing, and decent strat.. Win rate over 90% Big Grin.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
13-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Hang on, let me see what is on my desktop atm:

Play all the time:
League of Legends (live server)
League of Legends (PBE)
osu!
Worm.is
Epic Clicker Journey
The Sims
Minecraft (FTB)

Have touched somewhat recently:
7Days to Die
DayZ
Viscera Cleanup
Don't Starve Together
Undertale

Haven't touched in a while:
Satins Row
Minecraft (no mods)
STALKER
The Secret World

Maybe I play too much...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)