What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Getting back into The Phantom Pain because my flatmate and I are gonna play it at the same time (so we can discuss story. We were doing it at same time when it came out but stopped playing because Taken King destiny expansion came out. But now that we're more or less finished with DS3 it's a good time to get back into MGS).

I forgot how truly incredible this game is. True masterpiece.
Also tempted to go for 1000/1000 achievements in Witcher 3. My other flatmate is playing it for first time (after our constant nagging) and losing his fucking shit which is making me wanna play it again.

Good to get back to the classics. You tend to get caught up going from game to game as they release and forget the gems you haven't really played to the fullest.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2016, 08:30 PM
(13-05-2016 06:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Getting back into The Phantom Pain because my flatmate and I are gonna play it at the same time (so we can discuss story. We were doing it at same time when it came out but stopped playing because Taken King destiny expansion came out. But now that we're more or less finished with DS3 it's a good time to get back into MGS).

Also tempted to go for 1000/1000 achievements in Witcher 3. My other flatmate is playing it for first time (after our constant nagging) and losing his fucking shit which is making me wanna play it again.

Good to get back to the classics. You tend to get caught up going from game to game as they release and forget the gems you haven't really played to the fullest.

A great game, tainted by Konami's microstransation bullshit.

#Fuckonami

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-05-2016, 08:45 PM
(13-05-2016 08:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 06:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Getting back into The Phantom Pain because my flatmate and I are gonna play it at the same time (so we can discuss story. We were doing it at same time when it came out but stopped playing because Taken King destiny expansion came out. But now that we're more or less finished with DS3 it's a good time to get back into MGS).

A great game, tainted by Konami's microstransation bullshit.

#Fuckonami

For sure, but I have no interest in multiplayer.
I'm just meaning the single player.

13-05-2016, 10:27 PM
I don't know what I wanna 1000/1000 achievements first. The Witcher 3 or Dark Souls 3 (Phantom Pain isn't even an option, have you see those achievements? yuck.).
My achievement that wasn't popping for DS2 finally popped and considering I have been playing DS3 lately I am more inclined to go for DS3. Buuut.. The Witcher 3.. I have such an urk to play it right now and it would be incredible time consuming (considering I'd have to start again, gotta love missable achievements...) whereas I'm so so close with DS3. I just need to get 3 important achievements that will basically mean I can get the remaining in my own time casually. Hmmmm choices.

13-05-2016, 10:34 PM
(13-05-2016 10:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't know what I wanna 1000/1000 achievements first. The Witcher 3 or Dark Souls 3 (Phantom Pain isn't even an option, have you see those achievements? yuck.).
My achievement that wasn't popping for DS2 finally popped and considering I have been playing DS3 lately I am more inclined to go for DS3. Buuut.. The Witcher 3.. I have such an urk to play it right now and it would be incredible time consuming (considering I'd have to start again, gotta love missable achievements...) whereas I'm so so close with DS3. I just need to get 3 important achievements that will basically mean I can get the remaining in my own time casually. Hmmmm choices.
There is one achievement for The Witcher 3 that you'll probably never get (50 headshot kills on humanoids), so if you're aiming for 100%, you should try Dark Souls 3 instead.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Modded Minecrats. 159 mods and it's a good time. :-)

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
13-05-2016, 10:57 PM
(13-05-2016 10:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 10:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't know what I wanna 1000/1000 achievements first. The Witcher 3 or Dark Souls 3 (Phantom Pain isn't even an option, have you see those achievements? yuck.).
There is one achievement for The Witcher 3 that you'll probably never get (50 headshot kills on humanoids), so if you're aiming for 100%, you should try Dark Souls 3 instead.

Oooooo fuck.. I forgot about that "gem". It's not [i]too[/b] bad. Especially when you compare it to some of the Dark Souls achievements which can be grindy as fuck. 50 headshot kills seems like a walk in the park compared to half the convent related spells/rings that require you get 30 convent items. Some of those can be super fucking grindy and time consuming.

In saying that, once I get 16 more of a specific convent item I've done that aspect of the game.

I think instead of playing either, I'm gonna sit and ponder this decision for two hours and end up not playing either.

13-05-2016, 11:22 PM
(13-05-2016 10:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  There is one achievement for The Witcher 3 that you'll probably never get (50 headshot kills on humanoids), so if you're aiming for 100%, you should try Dark Souls 3 instead.

New Game Plus, re-spec for ranged. I beat the game on the hardest difficulty (never doing that again), so that achievement seems trivially easy in comparison so long as you actually try for it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
17-05-2016, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2016 10:04 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
Fallout: New Vegas. Whenever I start a new save I always do an "Anything Goes" playthrough, which involves a lot of meandering around and killing random people, often with a focus on stealth and melee. So far I've wandered to Freeside and I'm doing quests for the Van Graffs. I haven't yet completed the story. I don't think I'll get to the story until I'm done messing with all of the factions.

18-05-2016, 12:23 AM
Preordered HoI4.
Usually I never preorder anything but I can make an exception for HoI4. I don't think I have ever been excited to preorder anything before until now..