What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: What are you playing?
just played agar.io, then worm.is, then slither.io...
well was to compare the three games. All boring.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2016, 02:02 AM
(13-05-2016 08:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 08:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  A great game, tainted by Konami's microstransation bullshit.

#Fuckonami

For sure, but I have no interest in multiplayer.
I'm just meaning the single player.

The vast majority of the resources you collect are stored on your online base of operations, where they are mostly unusable and subject to theft by other players. The only way to avoid this is to never create a Forward Operating Base, and to never be connected to the internet when playing the game; any connection will force you to create a FOB and use it to store your resources (that you use to upgrade your equipment and Mother Base).

If their bullshit was limited to an exclusive multiplayer only section, it wouldn't bother me either. But their microtransation bullshit (they literally sell you insurance against online theft by other player, Konami is charging you real money to protect game resources from theft) has both saturated and tainted the single player experience. And considering how much the gameplay is reliant upon the gear you can take into the field, their bullshit entirely undermines the single player experience by striking at the very resources you need for the single player campaign.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-05-2016, 04:51 AM
(20-05-2016 02:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 08:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  For sure, but I have no interest in multiplayer.
I'm just meaning the single player.

The vast majority of the resources you collect are stored on your online base of operations, where they are mostly unusable and subject to theft by other players. The only way to avoid this is to never create a Forward Operating Base, and to never be connected to the internet when playing the game; any connection will force you to create a FOB and use it to store your resources (that you use to upgrade your equipment and Mother Base).

If their bullshit was limited to an exclusive multiplayer only section, it wouldn't bother me either. But their microtransation bullshit (they literally sell you insurance against online theft by other player, Konami is charging you real money to protect game resources from theft) has both saturated and tainted the single player experience. And considering how much the gameplay is reliant upon the gear you can take into the field, their bullshit entirely undermines the single player experience by striking at the very resources you need for the single player campaign.

I have never had to make a forward operating base. Unless you mean Mother Base. But if you mean Mother Base I have never been attacked or anything.

I really don't know what you're going on about because I've never had a single online interaction with anyone in that game and I'm constantly connected to the net.

[Image: oscar.png]
20-05-2016, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 12:21 AM by Adrianime.)
In Dark Souls 3, I'm trying to get a level 30 char to beat the Storm King solo with a +3 weapon. I think it's going to take up most of my day tomorrow Sad.

Edit: For those of you who don't know what this means...to put it in perspective, I think a normal character level for this fight solo would be closer to 120, and you would be using a +9 or +10 weapon, which would probably mean my DPS would be at least double what it is now. (and probably have magic, which would make the fight easier, but my character is Melee).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
21-05-2016, 12:17 AM
(20-05-2016 11:59 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  In Dark Souls 3, I'm trying to get a level 30 char to beat the Storm King solo with a +3 weapon. I think it's going to take up most of my day tomorrow Sad.

Son... I'll pray for you.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-05-2016, 12:25 AM
(21-05-2016 12:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son... I'll pray for you.
Lecture_preist Worship Slaves

I think I can kill the wyvern with using 7 or so heals (I have 14). But I've only fought the king 3 times. 1st time I got like 3 hits in. Second time I tried ranging him with a crossbow. Too slow, and too low damage. Third time I got maybe 20 hits in, which was about 1/4 of his life.

The damn twin princes were annoying as hell with this character. This boss may be even harder.

21-05-2016, 12:43 AM
(20-05-2016 04:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have never had to make a forward operating base. Unless you mean Mother Base. But if you mean Mother Base I have never been attacked or anything.

I really don't know what you're going on about because I've never had a single online interaction with anyone in that game and I'm constantly connected to the net.

You have Mother Base, but get far enough in the single player campaign, and you will be forced to create a Forward Operating Base. This FOB is suppose to be a representation of the expanding reach of your operations. It is the FOB that you defend from invasion by other players, not your primary Mother Base. It also used to be where you'd store excess resources you gathered that went beyond Mother Base's capacity. But I played the game at launch, and within a week or two, they updated it so that something like 90% of your resources are stored not on Mother Base, but on your FOB; where they are subject to theft by other players. Fuel is one of the most precious commodities, and I was having mine stolen constantly. I'd put hours in to get enough for another upgrade or two, only to have it disappear between play sessions.

Why did Konami do this? To make the FOB Insurance they sell more lucrative. To make it more attractive to spend real money on their fake insurance to protect your game resources from theft by other players, a theft that can occur while you're not in game. Anybody can invade your base, and do so while you're not there. Once you get far enough into the campaign, you will have to set up a FOB, and then 90% of your resources will be held for ransom under threat of theft by assholes; and the only thing you can do to stop it is either never build a FOB (requiring you to play with your console always disconnected from a certain point forward), or to buy their insurance for real money.

Also, they can not just steal your raw resources, they can also Fulton away your staff as well. All those people you spent time searching for? For the highest ranked recruits? You can lose them too, and with them lost, your whole bases operating status can suffer. Upgrades take longer to research, or become unavailable. Automatic resource gathering can suffer, in game intel can get handicapped, as can supply drop time and availability.

Plus, the best equipment? It can only be researched and acquired with multiple upgraded FOB's. They've added in higher and higher tiers of gear, that require both more resources and a higher staff ranking to unlock; ranking that require almost entire S++ ranked staff at a capacity not possible with just Mother Base and a single upgraded FOB. Tier 15 gear cannot be reached offline.

#Fuckonami

21-05-2016, 01:04 AM
(20-05-2016 11:59 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  In Dark Souls 3, I'm trying to get a level 30 char to beat the Storm King solo with a +3 weapon. I think it's going to take up most of my day tomorrow Sad
And then you eventually find out that there are people so good at Dark Souls, you have no hope of ever reaching their level of skill. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
21-05-2016, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 01:44 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(21-05-2016 01:04 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 11:59 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  In Dark Souls 3, I'm trying to get a level 30 char to beat the Storm King solo with a +3 weapon. I think it's going to take up most of my day tomorrow Sad
And then you eventually find out that there are people so good at Dark Souls, you have no hope of ever reaching their level of skill. Laugh out load

I'll see your bet, and raise you this. Big Grin

This is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and this hunt is a G Rank (hardest difficulty) Molten Tigrex (the hardest Tigrex variant). This fight is balanced for an entire party, so it's meant to be fought by 4 well equipped players with end-game level gear.

The weapon being used by this guy for his solo run is the Charged Blade. It's a sword and shield, that can be transformed into a greataxe. You build up charge with standard sword attack, and you can release that stored up charge by either infusing your sword and shield (better damage and blocking) or expending it with the powerful axe attacks. Now the kicker here is what is known as a Guard Point. A Guard Point is during a select few of the weapon's transformation and attack animations, where the shield is out in front for a precious few frames of the animation. When the shield is in that spot, if can perfectly block incoming attacks. So what he's doing is reading the monster's tells so well, that he can both anticipate the attacks and time his movements well enough to counter them; not with just a normal block, but with a Guard Point animation.

You can see it, every time the Tigrex draws in breath for his massive roar attack. Right before it, he goes into a transformation attack, and it looks like he's inserting his sword into his shield; and while both are in front for that fraction of a second, they guard him from the attack. This is what is possible in high level play in Monster Hunter.

21-05-2016, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 06:10 AM by Adrianime.)
(21-05-2016 01:04 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

haha, I refuse to watch somebody beat an area or an enemy in Dark Souls that i haven't already beaten myself. Although I am curious how they pulled this off.

And yeah, I know there are monster players out there. My skills in Dark Souls are similar to my skills in Super Smash Bros 64, and Starcraft 1. Good enough so that I can 1v3 or 1v4 players that aren't particularly skillful. Good enough so that I can beat many competitive/skillful players 1 on 1. Not so good that I can beat a person who would play tournaments. There is always that skill-level I'll never reach. I'm fine with that haha.