What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 09:40 AM by Adrianime.)
RE: What are you playing?
Took like 30 tries, but I did it! And all before 9 AM. Phew.

I ended up mastering the dragon phase, so I could easily melee it with less than 3 heals. When I got to the King phase, I gave up the close range melee fight and just kept distance, dodged on point, and shot my +3 arbalest at him whenever I got the opportunity (It took 79 shots to kill him). I just beat it with 5 heals left!

All I can say is YESSSSS!

Now I don't have much to do before going into NG+. Then my level 30 character is going to be used to screw over invaders Smile.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2016, 09:40 AM
(21-05-2016 01:04 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 11:59 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  In Dark Souls 3, I'm trying to get a level 30 char to beat the Storm King solo with a +3 weapon. I think it's going to take up most of my day tomorrow Sad
And then you eventually find out that there are people so good at Dark Souls, you have no hope of ever reaching their level of skill. Laugh out load

K, now that I've beat him, I watched this. This player is good. Although he is using a +10/+9 weapon, so his damage output it more than double mine, which makes the staggering he did possible for him where it would not be possible for my char.

I have to keep to +3 because your weapon level influences online match making, and this character is set up to do low level PvP.

I think getting good enough at the king to do what he did would take me a good week or two of dedicated practice on the king's moveset. No thanks haha.

21-05-2016, 06:36 PM
(21-05-2016 12:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 04:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have never had to make a forward operating base. Unless you mean Mother Base. But if you mean Mother Base I have never been attacked or anything.

I really don't know what you're going on about because I've never had a single online interaction with anyone in that game and I'm constantly connected to the net.

You have Mother Base, but get far enough in the single player campaign, and you will be forced to create a Forward Operating Base. This FOB is suppose to be a representation of the expanding reach of your operations. It is the FOB that you defend from invasion by other players, not your primary Mother Base. It also used to be where you'd store excess resources you gathered that went beyond Mother Base's capacity. But I played the game at launch, and within a week or two, they updated it so that something like 90% of your resources are stored not on Mother Base, but on your FOB; where they are subject to theft by other players. Fuel is one of the most precious commodities, and I was having mine stolen constantly. I'd put hours in to get enough for another upgrade or two, only to have it disappear between play sessions.

Why did Konami do this? To make the FOB Insurance they sell more lucrative. To make it more attractive to spend real money on their fake insurance to protect your game resources from theft by other players, a theft that can occur while you're not in game. Anybody can invade your base, and do so while you're not there. Once you get far enough into the campaign, you will have to set up a FOB, and then 90% of your resources will be held for ransom under threat of theft by assholes; and the only thing you can do to stop it is either never build a FOB (requiring you to play with your console always disconnected from a certain point forward), or to buy their insurance for real money.

Also, they can not just steal your raw resources, they can also Fulton away your staff as well. All those people you spent time searching for? For the highest ranked recruits? You can lose them too, and with them lost, your whole bases operating status can suffer. Upgrades take longer to research, or become unavailable. Automatic resource gathering can suffer, in game intel can get handicapped, as can supply drop time and availability.

Plus, the best equipment? It can only be researched and acquired with multiple upgraded FOB's. They've added in higher and higher tiers of gear, that require both more resources and a higher staff ranking to unlock; ranking that require almost entire S++ ranked staff at a capacity not possible with just Mother Base and a single upgraded FOB. Tier 15 gear cannot be reached offline.

#Fuckonami

WTF!?

[Image: oscar.png]
21-05-2016, 08:31 PM
(21-05-2016 06:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  WTF!?

Exactly.

[Image: latest?cb=20151204193856]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Hey, does anybody have a Dark Souls 3 character on PS4 that is at the last boss. I just spent like 90 minutes figuring out how to beat it only to learn
there is a phase 2
:'(. If anybody can help out, I'd appreciate it!

21-05-2016, 09:41 PM
(21-05-2016 08:50 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hey, does anybody have a Dark Souls 3 character on PS4 that is at the last boss. I just spent like 90 minutes figuring out how to beat it only to learn
there is a phase 2

If you were on xbone I'd come smack him for you.
Otherwise my only advice and how I did it, get a big ass shield.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-05-2016, 10:08 PM
DOOM. As soon as I started it up and heard the music my nostalgia bone was tickled.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
22-05-2016, 12:21 AM
(21-05-2016 09:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:50 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hey, does anybody have a Dark Souls 3 character on PS4 that is at the last boss. I just spent like 90 minutes figuring out how to beat it only to learn
there is a phase 2

If you were on xbone I'd come smack him for you.
Otherwise my only advice and how I did it, get a big ass shield.
Ah, well. I helped another level 30 that I've been talking to beat all the required bosses in the game, then we helped each other with the last Boss.

And a big shield is not an option for my level 30 haha. I have 15 strength.

But...we did it! Shieldless too. It was awesome.

22-05-2016, 12:30 AM
Quote:And a big shield is not an option for my level 30 haha. I have 15 strength.

That's where you're going wrong. Tongue
As soon as I got my big ass shield, and than more specifically the dragon armor shield, this game became a lot easier.

Though I guess, that defeats the purpose of a challenge. I would like to respec and do a play through as a magic only character.
You can keep your lvl30 play through though. Ya madman. Tongue

22-05-2016, 12:42 AM
On a side note, I finally hit Lv200 (the cap) in Dragon's Dogma. Now it's just finishing unlocking the vocations, finishing off the last of the achievements, and getting the rest of the end game gear. I can easily farm both the final boss for the Dark Arisen DLC and the offline version of the Ur-Dragon. Once I get a little more gear, I'll start trying to kill the online Ur-Dragon. It has a few million hit points, takes the whole community a few days to actually kill the damn thing.

I so cannot wait to finish unlocking Magic Archer, so I can switch back to my favorite tank vocation, the glorious Mystic Knight. I do have the best end game mace and shield for that vocation at least.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]