What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 12:34 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: What are you playing?
[Image: dragonfallWall1600x900.jpg]

Been playing this since it came out a few days ago. Also, Glory (the waifish looking girl sporting the massive chrome) is now one of my favorite NPC companions ever. She's going right up there with Veronica Santiago from Fallout: New Vegas, Morigan from from Dragon Age: Origins, Merril and Varric from Dragon Age 2, Tali'Zorah from Mass Effect, Bastila Shan from Knights of the Old Republic, and Kreia from KotoR II: The Sith Lords.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 04:21 PM
What are you playing?
Friend just told me the patch I'd been playing on the D3 PTR has gone live. Tonight we di(n)e in Hell!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-03-2014, 05:59 PM
(02-03-2014 10:55 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 11:17 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Thief! Big Grin

Can you give us a review after you've had a chance to get to know it well? I had such high hopes for it (diehard Thief fan) and now I'm reading bad reviews and hearing awful things.

Having played it a bit I can tell you this.

Its very linear. It has a few bugs, (bad enough to crash my game) the story (so far) isn't super exciting.....

Hasn't lived up to the hype so far. But that could change.
04-03-2014, 06:25 PM
What are you playing?
(04-03-2014 05:59 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 10:55 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Can you give us a review after you've had a chance to get to know it well? I had such high hopes for it (diehard Thief fan) and now I'm reading bad reviews and hearing awful things.

Having played it a bit I can tell you this.

Its very linear. It has a few bugs, (bad enough to crash my game) the story (so far) isn't super exciting.....

These are all the things I've been reading about.

I think I'll stick to D3 for now. Maybe try to recover my Dishonored saves.

Every time I play Dishonored I'm reminded of Thief series. Dishonored really took a lot of ideas introduced by Thief and made them even better. Bette art, story, characters, voice acting, atmosphere. It owes so much to its predecessor and yet is such a superior game. I suppose this is what we should expect from progress. I guess it just makes me sad that so many people may have no idea about the games that came before without which these new games may never have existed.

05-03-2014, 12:11 AM
(04-03-2014 06:25 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 05:59 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Having played it a bit I can tell you this.

These are all the things I've been reading about.

Every time I play Dishonored I'm reminded of Thief series. Dishonored really took a lot of ideas introduced by Thief and made them even better. Bette art, story, characters, voice acting, atmosphere. It owes so much to its predecessor and yet is such a superior game. I suppose this is what we should expect from progress. I guess it just makes me sad that so many people may have no idea about the games that came before without which these new games may never have existed.

Do you want to know what is a better Thief game than the one they just released? Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which was ironically enough developed by the same team (Eidos Montreal). Also, they got a new voice actor for Garret instead of the iconic Stephen Russel; lame. Seriously, how could they replace this guy's voice? Take a listen...

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-03-2014, 04:10 AM
Re: RE: What are you playing?
(05-03-2014 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 06:25 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  These are all the things I've been reading about.

Do you want to know what is a better Thief game than the one they just released? Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which was ironically enough developed by the same team (Eidos Montreal). Also, they got a new voice actor for Garret instead of the iconic Stephen Russel; lame. Seriously, how could they replace this guy's voice? Take a listen...

I loved the last Deus Ex game.......until the stupid game breaking boss battles. Ruined it for me.
I'm disappointed in the reviews for Thief though. I was looking forward to it. Thief 2 is one of my all time favourites.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ProjeKtWEREWOLF's post
05-03-2014, 09:25 AM
What are you playing?
(05-03-2014 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 06:25 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  These are all the things I've been reading about.

Yeah, I did try the new Deus Ex. It didn't click for me for some reason. Don't know why.

[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
05-03-2014, 12:26 PM
(05-03-2014 09:25 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Do you want to know what is a better Thief game than the one they just released? Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which was ironically enough developed by the same team (Eidos Montreal). Also, they got a new voice actor for Garret instead of the iconic Stephen Russel; lame. Seriously, how could they replace this guy's voice? Take a listen...

Yeah, I did try the new Deus Ex. It didn't click for me for some reason. Don't know why.

Well, that's a shame. I played the game full stealth and non-lethal, and it was probably the best stealth game I had played since Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and wasn't surpassed until I had played Dishonored.

06-03-2014, 02:22 AM
What are you playing?
First time playing Knife of Dunwall DLC. Seeing the same story from the pov of one of the other characters: brilliant.

[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
06-03-2014, 06:50 AM
(06-03-2014 02:22 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  First time playing Knife of Dunwall DLC. Seeing the same story from the pov of one of the other characters: brilliant.

High chaos or low chaos, Daud is such a well developed character in the DLC's. Especially on low chaos. In such a short DLC, you see his character dramatically (yet gradually at the same time) change and adapt and realize. He's legit one of my favorite characters from the game.