What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(17-08-2016 02:17 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:09 PM)Loom Wrote:  Anyone play Minecraft? Considering hosting a realms server with a unique map made with World Painter/World Edit.

I play on xbox 360 once in a while. I am working on building a tower to space, or whatever the games equivalent of space is. So far I have not found any barriers stopping me.

The console versions of the game have a hard vertical limit of 'y=511' according tot he wiki. At that point you hit an invisible wall

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2016, 05:58 AM
(17-08-2016 05:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:17 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I play on xbox 360 once in a while. I am working on building a tower to space, or whatever the games equivalent of space is. So far I have not found any barriers stopping me.

The console versions of the game have a hard vertical limit of 'y=511' according tot he wiki. At that point you hit an invisible wall

I will have to check on that. Pretty sure I am above that already.
18-08-2016, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 05:36 PM by earmuffs.)
(17-08-2016 01:41 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  OK so muffs and Vosur, disagree about Witcher3. Care to expand on that?

Skyrim is filth compared to the gloriousness that is The Witcher 3.
To compare the two is sacrilege.

The Witcher 3 is a masterpiece of RPG gaming, a true show of progress in this industry and what you can achieve when you have a developer that actually gives a fuck and puts a bit of effort in where as Skyrim is overhyped trash.
Skyrim is nothing but a slightly better version of Runescape. The Witcher 3 in comparison is The Witcher 3. The Witcher 3's story is fantastic, Geralt is one of, if not thee, best characters in video game history. All the side quests have interesting mini-stories. The fighting is sublime. The graphics.. oh my god the graphics. I'm not talking resolution, I'm talking detail. The level of detail in this game is by far far far superior to anything out there of the same scale. You see the detail in this and go to something like Skyrim and you can see the rushed complete lack of effort in the map design of Skyrim. Skyrim looks like someone came along with the bucket tool in paint, and that's the whole map. TW3 someone took a fuck load of time designing that game. The NPCs in TW3 are varied and interesting. Skyrims NPC are stupid cookie cutter crap. TW3's other characters are all fantastic in their own right. Skyrims story and other characters (what other characters) are stupid. The story sucks in Skyrim. You're a dragonborn, you go save the day, cool done, now what? Runescape, lets go pickpocket a dude for 4 hours...

tl;dr, TW3 > Skyrim.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
19-08-2016, 08:32 AM
Downloaded and started playing Warframe yesterday. Really liking it so far. Scratching the sci fi itch I have right now.
19-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Finally got around to getting into Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS. Quite impressive for a game that's a few years old on a relatively underpowered system.

I still haven't had a chance to play the XBox One I've had for about 3 months. Fallout 4 remains in its packaging Sadcryface2 Maybe I'll get a chance in a decade or so when the kids become moody teenagers and start sleeping all day. For now, my gaming is pretty much limited to portable gaming at work.

To that end, I'm kind of anxious for the Nintendo NX based off what I've been hearing.

'Murican Canadian
19-08-2016, 09:46 PM
I brought No Man's Sky.

... After an hour I decided to get a refund....

Personally, I could see myself sitting in front of my monitor for ages playing it, but in the current state, no. I had frame-rate issues, lag issues, control problems... Now I need to find some alternatives. I'm in a 'mindless do-whatever' game mood lately.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Been playing Rim World lately. Fun little game where you crash land on a planet with 3 people and have to start a colony to survive. Has graphics and gameplay similar to Prison Architect, with a large focus on the individual colonists. The stories that you can create in the game can be pretty interesting.

I'm a bit bummed out since my vat grown soldier colonist got her arm shot off the last time raiders attacked. Right before that my raider-turned-colonist (after some persuasion when I captured him) went nuts and set our cabin on fire. Damn pyromaniac. Had to subdue him with a few gunshot wounds. He'll be alright in the morning though.
20-08-2016, 07:30 AM
Just got Batman Arkham City GOTY for $4

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
23-08-2016, 12:52 AM
Playing a rather interesting game of HoI4 at the moment.

I'm playing as Svea Rike which is the name given for Fascist Sweden.
I'm trying to get an achievement for having the other 3 Scandinavian countries in a faction all together. The idea was that I'd puppet them all, form a faction with Nationalist Spain (who won the Spanish civil war) and than force them all into the faction thus giving me the achievement. What ended up happening was I turned Fascist no problem, attacked and puppeted Norway no problem. Formed the faction with Nationalist Spain no problem. Went to declare war on Denmark and fucking France guaranteed them. No worries, France is shit, it was 1938 and Germany would be at war with them soon anyway. So I attack Denmark and France slaps a massive stack of troops into Copenhagen. Fucking cunts. So I managed to take all of Denmark (minus Greenland and Iceland) except Copenhagen. So fucking France and Denmark are defending the shit out of the Danish capital, I can't attack them because there's too many troops too dug in and I have no tanks and very little artillery. But they also can't attack me, so stalemate.
No worries right? Germany will attack France soon and France will abandon their Danish allies to their fate. Wrong. But I'll get back to this.
So I attack Finland (who join up with Denmark and France) and are easily, although slowly, plowing through Finland. Nationalist Spain suggest they attack France, now considering that most of the French troops are stationed in Copenhagen this SEEMED like a good idea. Oh how foolish I am.. note to self: Spain sucks balls. You'd think they'd have a bunch of battle hardened troops after their civil war but nope. So they're getting smashed.
Back to Denmark, they, in their now 1 city country, join the fucking Allies who are instantly dragged into the war. So now I've gotta face the UK and the rest of the Commonwealth as well as France, Denmark and Finland. Luckily I have the Baltic Sea under my naval control so they can't invade Sweden. Not fun if they decide to invade Norway though...

Oh yea, and just as I was finishing (lolpun) up Finland, the Soviet Union who around this time tend to have the Winter War decided to have it against me instead.
So I quickly finished Finland and pulled back to a more defensible line with the amount of troops I have. So now the Soviets are just walking into my newly conquered Finland, me having done all the work for them, and will soon smash against my troops. Luckily Soviet troops suck, though theirs millions of the cunts so I don't know how this is gonna end.

LUCKILY! And what makes this so interesting as opposed to a right off, is that Japan offered to join my Faction and so of course I accepted. They SMASHED China so they're super powerful right now. I immediately called them to war so now they're fighting the Soviets from the East as well as British Raj (India) and French South Asia.
AND Germany declared war on Poland. The Allies didn't come to Polands defense though which is a concern but Germany is war hungry anyway so its inevitable they'll attack France or the Soviets.

So basically, Japan and Germany have gotta save my ass and I gotta hold out long enough until they do.

[Image: 20160823183242_1.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-08-2016, 04:24 AM
Tried No Man's Sky. ... Got a refund.
Tried Rimworld. ... Got a refund.

Got Dead Rising 2 (it was on sale...). No refund required.
Evil Genius. No refund required.