What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Ha! Fuck you Soviet Union.
Germany finally showed up to the party, destroyed France and so I got my Nationalist Spain ally back. Though the UK invaded and took over Spain almost instantly so I had to go to their aid and together with Germany liberated Spain.. again. Now I'm trying to force the Allies out of Africa. Should be easy enough considering Italy's presence there.

Japan lost badly to the Soviets and was losing to the Allies but the Allies pulled their troops to help in Spain so Japan has pushed into India.
Germany also declared on the Soviets so I was able to push back after holding the line, now we're both steamrolling into the Soviet Union, race to Moscow. Moscow by Christmas!
Once the Soviets fall that will free Japan to focus 100% on the Allies. The US has stayed out of it all for now, here's hoping Japan doesn't bomb Pearl Harbor...

[Image: 20160824110225_1.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Literally just unpaused it, let it run for 8 days and...

[Image: 20160824110931_1.jpg]

Fuck you Japan, why the fuck did I invite you to my faction??

24-08-2016, 02:34 AM
Normally I don't let Earmuffs influence my actions... but I'll try that game out.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-08-2016, 05:27 AM
(24-08-2016 02:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Normally I don't let Earmuffs influence my actions...

Why? What could possibly go wrong with that.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-08-2016, 08:00 AM
Defeated the Soviets.
I think next time I'm gonna build division that comprise of at least a single truck so I don't literally walk 600,000 men from one side of Russia to the other because Japan couldn't take one fucking city on its side. The Soviets lost 4.5million men and I lost 600K (considering Sweden's population that's huge..). Japan lost a million. And that's not including what loses the Soviets had with the war with Germany. It was a hell of a bloody war. Because all my troops are walking infantry it was SUPER slow, fighting the Soviets the whole time.
If I had had tanks or even just trucks I could have saved myself soooooo much manpower. I've only got 200K left now which is sweet fuck all when I had 800K and still have to invade the US AND the UK, not to mention if I ever go to war with Germany...
Oh well, at least I'll have nuclear bombs soon.

So, after they were defeated me and my allies and Germany and their allies, all sat around and carved up Soviet Union. Me, Japan and Germany all pretty much got the same amount of war participation so we basically got to divide it up evenly between us with Italy pinching a province and Hungary getting a bit of land.

I chose to take territory that connected to Finland and picked land from there. I got Moscow and a lot of the Soviets resources including their southern oil fields.
I picked the north because it was super cheap to take and it gave me access to the pacific so I can invade the US and Canada.

Japan took.. well it's pretty obvious what Japan took in the pick below. Asia is now Japan.

And Germany got the Polish territory it gave to the Soviets as well as Kiev and Stalingrad and probably a lot of industry which sucks. I think me and Germany probably got a pretty even split in industry and resources though with me nabbing all the oil.

OH and guess what? Spain fell.. again... Every city in that country has got to be flattened to rubble by now. A brutal civil war, lost to allies, liberated by Germans, recaptured by Allies, liberated by me, recaptured by Allies.. ffs. And this screenshot is a bit before where I'm actually up too, Germany is in the process of taking it back AGAIN.

[Image: 20160824130740_1.jpg]

24-08-2016, 01:53 PM
I play Dota 1. Rarely these days, but this is my main gaming passion.

I've also played GTA IV recently, as well as Skyrim.
24-08-2016, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2016 04:23 PM by Free Thought.)
So... I started an Australia campaign, because of course I did. I tried to dig in in PNG to wait and stem the Japanese... only to get flattened by tanks. I would have my own tanks deployed in the region... if I could figure how to actually get tanks assigned to units... Not enough XP to modify or build a division to include them after so many years of doing nothing but running exercises...

I would have had more men, but I continuously was running out of manpower... I would have been in a generally better position with far more fleets and stuff out if I could build more shit.... One military factory spent like three damn years while nothing else could get done...
Well, I spent 3 hours last night, so now I'm stuck with it. when i get it figured out I'm sure to enjoy it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-08-2016, 07:35 PM
(24-08-2016 04:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So... I started an Australia campaign, because of course I did. I tried to dig in in PNG to wait and stem the Japanese... only to get flattened by tanks. I would have my own tanks deployed in the region... if I could figure how to actually get tanks assigned to units... Not enough XP to modify or build a division to include them after so many years of doing nothing but running exercises...

I would have had more men, but I continuously was running out of manpower... I would have been in a generally better position with far more fleets and stuff out if I could build more shit.... One military factory spent like three damn years while nothing else could get done...
Well, I spent 3 hours last night, so now I'm stuck with it. when i get it figured out I'm sure to enjoy it.

Ah poor little FT.
Firstly, Australia is a shitty country to start off as. Start with Italy or Germany to learn the game. Secondly, do the fucking tutorial man, there's a lot to this game.

General tip for starting out. You wanna spend 150 PP (political power) on a military theorist pretty early on. It can be found under your main country diplomacy overview screen thing (where you can see the portrait of your leader and stuff). It's the second line down, one on the right. Should be a theorist under that. He'll give you 0.5 military xp a day. You get more for fighting land battles.

If you exercise your troops it costs manpower and equipment so you shouldn't do it constantly. You also don't have any org when you exercise so if you fight the Japanese while your troops are exercising they're gonna get destroyed.

Here, watch all of these. Let the sooth voice of Jake guide you on your journey.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...5iD8xSXmSp

24-08-2016, 08:08 PM
(24-08-2016 07:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 04:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So... I started an Australia campaign, because of course I did. I tried to dig in in PNG to wait and stem the Japanese... only to get flattened by tanks. I would have my own tanks deployed in the region... if I could figure how to actually get tanks assigned to units... Not enough XP to modify or build a division to include them after so many years of doing nothing but running exercises...

Ah poor little FT.
Firstly, Australia is a shitty country to start off as. Start with Italy or Germany to learn the game. Secondly, do the fucking tutorial man, there's a lot to this game.

General tip for starting out. You wanna spend 150 PP (political power) on a military theorist pretty early on. It can be found under your main country diplomacy overview screen thing (where you can see the portrait of your leader and stuff). It's the second line down, one on the right. Should be a theorist under that. He'll give you 0.5 military xp a day. You get more for fighting land battles.

If you exercise your troops it costs manpower and equipment so you shouldn't do it constantly. You also don't have any org when you exercise so if you fight the Japanese while your troops are exercising they're gonna get destroyed.

Here, watch all of these. Let the sooth voice of Jake guide you on your journey.

Thanks for the tips, I'll watch the video when I'm back from uni. On the bright side, I have kicked the Japanese off of PNG. Just took a bit more effort. Then I get tank divisions being produced. I'm nowhere near a match for real powers, but my armies of Australia are ready for war. ... well though would be if we could build up the fleets necessary to clear the path to Iwo Jima...
Goddamn contruction 'n stuff is slow.

And I did partially play the tutorial. It broke and wouldn't let me do anything, so I gave up and thought I'd just jump right in.

All I need to figure out now (for the moment) is how to annex the various tiny islands Japan laid claim to... stepping stones. and how to make it not take three years to build a factory -_-

24-08-2016, 09:43 PM
(24-08-2016 08:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 07:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ah poor little FT.

Thanks for the tips, I'll watch the video when I'm back from uni. On the bright side, I have kicked the Japanese off of PNG. Just took a bit more effort. Then I get tank divisions being produced. I'm nowhere near a match for real powers, but my armies of Australia are ready for war. ... well though would be if we could build up the fleets necessary to clear the path to Iwo Jima...
Goddamn contruction 'n stuff is slow.

And I did partially play the tutorial. It broke and wouldn't let me do anything, so I gave up and thought I'd just jump right in.

All I need to figure out now (for the moment) is how to annex the various tiny islands Japan laid claim to... stepping stones. and how to make it not take three years to build a factory -_-

To launch a naval invasion you need 3 things.
Firstly, you need naval supremacy. Probably not gonna happen when the Japanese navy is one of the biggest in the game and Australias is well.. I dunno but I don't imagine its very good.
The key to getting naval supremacy when you're outmatched in the sea is submarines. They're hard to detect unless the enemy has a lot of destroyers, so if you set them to convoy raid in the naval areas you need to invade they'll be hidden from most of the Japanese fleet and you'll get your supremacy simply because Japan wont be contesting that area.

Secondly you need convoys (the number on the right next to your experience). These are built in production. You also need them for trading over the seas (which as Australia is every time you trade). Convoys can be destroyed by enemy ships and planes though.

Thirdly you need to launch it from a naval base. So when planning set it to your naval base and than to where you wanna invade. It takes time to plan it though so you must also wait for it to plan (fewer troops quicker it is to plan).

Marines shine when doing naval invasions. Normal troops take massive penalties.
There shouldn't be many or very good Japanese troops on most those islands though.

Regarding factories. For Australia who has the generic national focus tree, the easiest way to get a couple early military factories is to take the armament talents under industry.
Also, if you don't have any civilian factories you wont be building much of anything.