What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(18-09-2016 06:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 05:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No Man's Sky came out so I racked 120 hours in.

How the fuck did you manage that? I saw everything it had to offer after about 6 hours, and got too tired and bored hoping for more after 30. Shocking

It's a whole bunch of do a whole lot of nothing. I have a PhD-equivalent in doing nothing, ergo... Laugh out load

Oh, and achievements. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Pokemon Go is a big hit in our house. We all play it Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
18-09-2016, 08:55 AM
(18-09-2016 06:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 06:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How the fuck did you manage that? I saw everything it had to offer after about 6 hours, and got too tired and bored hoping for more after 30. Shocking

It's a whole bunch of do a whole lot of nothing. I have a PhD-equivalent in doing nothing, ergo... Laugh out load

Oh, and achievements. Tongue

Have you tried Desert Bus? Big Grin

https://desertbus.org/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-09-2016, 05:53 PM
(18-09-2016 06:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 05:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No Man's Sky came out so I racked 120 hours in.

How the fuck did you manage that? I saw everything it had to offer after about 6 hours, and got too tired and bored hoping for more after 30. Shocking

I'm so glad I never got on that hype train.
Always thought the idea looked more like a feature of a game rather than an entire game. You need more substance than just endless exploring for the sake of endless exploring. Even Minecraft has survival and "lego" style building.

It should have taken a page out of EVEOnline's book. Had all the endless exploring but made it so you could build up your empire, build resource harvesting buildings etc.. have combat, have clans that sort of shit.

If you could discover a planet, claim it, build buildings on it and build up the planet, and you'd have to defend it because people could come and take it from you. And the planets would only have limited resources so you'd have to keep expanding. And you could form clans and have alliances with players (who than couldn't attack you). And you could have clan wars and shit. Do all that and than it might be worth looking into.
21-09-2016, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2016 06:02 PM by Dark Wanderer.)
I am so fucked.

Playing Rim World right now and had a pretty good colony going. Unfortunately 2 of my colonists got an extreme case of malaria, so I dumped them into the cryogenic chambers that I uncovered weeks earlier. So then I was down to 2 colonists and a prisoner (who I was trying to convert). That's when a herd of man-eating muffalo show up and start fucking shit up. First they managed to knock out my only colonist who can shoot worth a damn, then they smash all of my gun turrets. With no other option my remaining colonist had to run inside the main base. So my only conscious colonist ends up trapped inside to avoid the rampaging muffalo (who are smashing down doors at random), unable to aid the unconscious colonist outside. Eventually the muffalo end up fighting my tamed wolves, which gives me the opportuninty to drag the colonist inside to tend to his wounds. Shortly after that a boomalope goes insane, attacks a muffalo, and then explodes right next to my base.

So now my base is on fire, my only able bodied colonist doesn't know how to put out fires, and my prisoner outside is starving to death because i can't ghet to her since I built my prison a ways away from the main base, for some reason. And of course my other two colonists are still in cryo sleep. My only hope now if that it starts raining, or my injured colonist is able to walk again and put out the fire. On the bright side there are only 2 muffalo left.

My whole plan was to grow a crop of special plants and then turn it into herbal medicine, then wake up my two colonists from cryosleep and get them back into the picture. I ran out of actual medicine long ago, and this was my own hope. The plants are 80% grown (slow as shit), but it's gonna be rough going if my entire base burns down. Goddamn muffalo ruined everything.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
21-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Oh and the muffalo knocked out one of my wolves, who was pregnant. She ended up having a miscarriage. Bastards!
21-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Ahh Rim World. Particularly enjoyable if you name your three colonists after your three flatmates.
21-09-2016, 07:13 PM
(21-09-2016 06:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ahh Rim World. Particularly enjoyable if you name your three colonists after your three flatmates.

I'm on the scenario where you start with just one colonist. Named him Charlie and the colony is called Chuckersville. Poor bastard is one of the malaria-stricken colonists that is in cryosleep. Shoulda known it would happen since i picked a marshy area to live in.
21-09-2016, 07:17 PM
(21-09-2016 07:13 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 06:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ahh Rim World. Particularly enjoyable if you name your three colonists after your three flatmates.

I'm on the scenario where you start with just one colonist. Named him Charlie and the colony is called Chuckersville. Poor bastard is one of the malaria-stricken colonists that is in cryosleep. Shoulda known it would happen since i picked a marshy area to live in.

I stopped picking the solo colonist start after a 3 start streak of my lone colonist dying for a variety of reasons. Mind you I was pretty cabbage at the game. I'm brussel sprout now though so might have to give that start another crack.

Didn't know if you started in different areas you could get different diseases. That's pretty cool.
21-09-2016, 07:31 PM
[Image: 3E34254CD2B4CD1606CBA1C88D0D6189D2A58D91]

Yeah, fuck you, Germany! Can't keep Czechoslovakia down!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.