What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Re: RE: What are you playing?
(06-03-2014 02:22 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  First time playing Knife of Dunwall DLC. Seeing the same story from the pov of one of the other characters: brilliant.

I picked up the dlc while it was on sale via xbox live. No it played Dishonoured since then.I got stuck on the level where you have to infiltrate the palace - up through the dock

Using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(06-03-2014 06:50 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 02:22 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  First time playing Knife of Dunwall DLC. Seeing the same story from the pov of one of the other characters: brilliant.

High chaos or low chaos, Daud is such a well developed character in the DLC's. Especially on low chaos. In such a short DLC, you see his character dramatically (yet gradually at the same time) change and adapt and realize. He's legit one of my favorite characters from the game.

It also helps that Daud, unlike Corvo, actually talks.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-03-2014, 02:25 PM
(06-03-2014 11:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 06:50 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  High chaos or low chaos, Daud is such a well developed character in the DLC's. Especially on low chaos. In such a short DLC, you see his character dramatically (yet gradually at the same time) change and adapt and realize. He's legit one of my favorite characters from the game.

It also helps that Daud, unlike Corvo, actually talks.

Hey!

Just because a guy has Silent Protagonist Syndrome, don't mean he's any less of a character!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-03-2014, 05:50 PM
What are you playing?
(06-03-2014 02:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 11:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It also helps that Daud, unlike Corvo, actually talks.

Hey!

Just because a guy has Silent Protagonist Syndrome, don't mean he's any less of a character!

It really is a common phenomenon, isn't it. GTA3 comes to mind. Gordon Freeman. Hmmm, another thread?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
06-03-2014, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 06:52 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(06-03-2014 05:50 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 02:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hey!

It really is a common phenomenon, isn't it. GTA3 comes to mind. Gordon Freeman. Hmmm, another thread?

Every protagonist in every Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Knights of the Old Republic game?

Also, discussion of Dishonored and it's DLC ahead. This is major spoiler territory, you have been warned.

And you're right FT, Corvo is not any less of a character, he's just a very different kind of character. Corvo is a blank slate, a tabula rasa, where you are left to insert yourself into the character and play out their choices and imagine their reactions. Duad by the nature of starting out as an antagonist NPC in the primary campaign, already had a voice and a pre-packaged characterization; and it's upon that foundation that your choices are constructed in The Knife of Dunwall and the The Brigmore Witches.

For me this made Daud's campaign all the more rewarding, because for me it was a story of redemption; whereas Corvo's was a story of betrayal and restoration. For me Corvo was always the good guy, the one who had been setup and betrayed by those who should have been his allies; twice. I enjoyed resisting the easy solutions to problems, and finding creative ways to complete my goals without killing anyone. Clearing my own name and enacting revenge was secondary to rescuing Emily and protecting her from those who would abuse her for their own ends. Killing people that got in my way would have been convenient, but that's not all it would have been; in taking an innocent's life I would have become the assassin they all claimed I was. I was not an assassin, I was a ghost; I did not kill, and yet I could not be stopped.

Duad on the other hand was, for myself, a story of redemption. Assuming you've already beaten the campaign, then you already know that Daud is the killer of the Empress and the leader of his group of for-hire assassins. Within the main story, there are signs of his regret for his actions, and the questioning of both his past and his future; his actions have left an indelible mark on him. So for me this was a chance for Daud to redeem himself and atone for the murder of the Empress, which if you play through The Brigmore Witches you end up learning just how much danger Emily was in from forces unbeknownst to the conspirators; and what an integral part Daud played in restoring the Empire he had helped to throw into chaos. The ultimate payoff was at the very end, during a short confrontation with Corvo (presumable replaying the point in the campaign when he had to sneak out of the Flooded District); where you lose a duel and are at the mercy of the very Royal Protector that you had helped to frame and dishonor... and he spared me. Corvo had me by the throat, and didn't kill me. I felt like both of my campaign play-through's had come full circle, and it was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences ever.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-03-2014, 12:08 PM
What are you playing?
So now I'm playing 3 games at once: Diablo 3, Knife of Dunwall DLC and Path of Exile (new expansion just released.

Not happy that the new PoE content appears to be geared mostly to high level players. I have to assume the devs know their audience better than I do.

Knife of Dunwall continues to be brilliant. Mildly disappointed that Summon Assassin can't be used if trying for Cleaner Hands. Oh well, will be great for high chaos.

D3 patch 2.0 has already proven great fun. Found an upgrade for gloves for my Wizard that replace gloves I spent a lot of gold on in the Auction House many months back. And three friends and I tried the Infernal Machine event on Torment II difficulty and survived. AND I got the final piece to my Hellfire Ring so my upcoming Crusader char will level like a Bawse!

Things are looking rosy. Probably going to be pretty busy this weekend.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
11-03-2014, 11:06 AM
I played Dishonored for the first time in months. I'm in Dunwall Tower.....high chaos. Drop assassination on a Tallboy....fun times.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ProjeKtWEREWOLF's post
12-03-2014, 12:28 AM
I'm playing Neverwinter (cleric), Skyrim (mostly archer) and some Hearthstone.
12-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Recently I have been playing the following on my 360:

XCOM: Enemy Within. I was playing on Impossible, but the game glitched out and actually rendered it impossible to move on, so the difficulty unintentionally lived up to its name. Now I'm playing on Classic instead (one level down, still hard as diamond though).

In addition to that, I finally got around to beating Dragon Age II as a kind/snarky Mage Hawke, whom made their living by setting people on fire and electrocuting them. I have since moved on to a dickish, blunt Rogue Hawke with a preference for stabby blades.

I continued my Halo 3 ODST campaign and got an achievement in Firefight.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-03-2014, 12:37 AM
I'm currently playing Dark souls. I'm still well green at the game.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSuicide4Me's post