What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(21-09-2016 07:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 07:13 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I'm on the scenario where you start with just one colonist. Named him Charlie and the colony is called Chuckersville. Poor bastard is one of the malaria-stricken colonists that is in cryosleep. Shoulda known it would happen since i picked a marshy area to live in.

I stopped picking the solo colonist start after a 3 start streak of my lone colonist dying for a variety of reasons. Mind you I was pretty cabbage at the game. I'm brussel sprout now though so might have to give that start another crack.

Didn't know if you started in different areas you could get different diseases. That's pretty cool.

Well, I'm assuming it's because of the location. I got lucky and a few colonists joined up with me almost right away.

Poor Charlie is missing a middle finger. Got bit off by an enraged alpha beaver. Just no luck for this guy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Only in this game will a large black lady named Herring remove her pants and run around having a mental break down.
21-09-2016, 09:54 PM
(21-09-2016 09:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Only in this game will a large black lady named Herring remove her pants and run around having a mental break down.

I had a guy named Chili suffer a mental breakdown and attack the pet dog. He suffered bite wounds on his leg and died from an infection days later.
21-09-2016, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2016 11:12 PM by EvolutionKills.)
[Image: SteamWorld-Heist-Out-on-Steam-PS4-PS-Vit...do-3DS.png]

It's the future. The world has blown up. Steambots now travel among the remnants of their planet, eking out an existence in space, and competing for water.

The games is a turn based strategy game, where you control your crew of Cowbots (the game loves it's puns) in combat across procedural generated ships. While the missions and the objective can vary, you're always in it to get out with as much loot as possible; often having to balance greater risk for better rewards on the fly. The game takes place on a 2D plane, with moving, shooting, and other actions. The big kicker however is bullet trajectory. Grenade launchers have arcing lines of fire, and you can bounce munitions off of the walls. Likewise the Captain of the crew you command is herself a Sharpshooter, and specializes in precise long range weapons that can reliably ricochet a bullet off 3 or more surfaces to make incredible shots. You free aim your weapons, there are no dice rolls; your own skill actually matters here. You level up, get more abilities, find better gear, get more loot, and build up a collection of hats (often after shooting them right off of the heads of your enemies). Also, the dialogue is very tongue in cheek and really funny. Lots and lots of fun.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-09-2016, 05:57 AM
(18-09-2016 08:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 06:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's a whole bunch of do a whole lot of nothing. I have a PhD-equivalent in doing nothing, ergo... Laugh out load

Oh, and achievements. Tongue

Have you tried Desert Bus? Big Grin

https://desertbus.org/

The game that almost broke the angry video game nerd. lol
22-09-2016, 09:07 PM
(21-09-2016 09:54 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 09:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Only in this game will a large black lady named Herring remove her pants and run around having a mental break down.

I had a guy named Chili suffer a mental breakdown and attack the pet dog. He suffered bite wounds on his leg and died from an infection days later.

10/10 would let my survivors go crazy again.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-09-2016, 02:06 AM
(22-09-2016 05:57 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 08:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Have you tried Desert Bus? Big Grin

https://desertbus.org/

The game that almost broke the angry video game nerd. lol

From the clips I've seen I thought that guy was already broken...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
23-09-2016, 03:15 AM
(23-09-2016 02:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 05:57 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The game that almost broke the angry video game nerd. lol

Indeed. He appears to not only drink Rolling Rock beer, but to actually enjoy it too. Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-09-2016, 07:38 AM
(23-09-2016 02:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 05:57 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The game that almost broke the angry video game nerd. lol

I think that is why he stopped doing those videos. I remember growing up with the original NES. I still have it and it still works. Some of those games were terrible. Absolutely impossible unless you had parents that would buy you the game genie that would allow you to cheat.
23-09-2016, 09:04 AM
Dead Space 2. Hard Core. i died. In the LAST POSSIBLE SECTION!!!

Excuse me, while I go curl up in a corner and cry.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post