What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2016, 03:31 AM
RE: What are you playing?
[Image: Forza-Horizon-3_KeyArt_Horiz_RGB_Final-Logo.jpg]

It's a much, much better version of the concept they used in Test Drive Unlimited 2. Better graphics, better physics and simulation, better open world, better connectivity, and a whole hell of a lot less dumber. TDU2 had it's head shoved way too far up it's own ass with it's gaudy story premise, customizing your fugly avatar and their shitty house, and every talking NPC was an utter douche-nozzle. FH3 places you in world as the head honcho of the Horizon Festival, and your modus operandi is to drive around doing cool shit to increase the popularity of the festival, allowing you to expand it and the options it affords you, rinse and repeat. Everyone is supper chill and relatively inoffensive or unobtrusive, not getting in the way of your enjoyment of the game.

Playing it on PC, and with the recommendation of Digital Foundry, with everything cranked to Ultra and locked at 30FPS. A super smooth and gorgeous experience. It's been a while since I've had a game that gave me the excuse to fold my futon up and sit in front of my TV with a controller. Oh, and I'm using an Xbox One controller with one of those wireless dongles, and this is the first game that I've played that makes us of the controller's haptic feedback. The rumble is so much more precise, I can actually gauge road conditions while braking by the feel of the rumble in the left trigger, it's really cool. Thumbsup

Plus I just bought a 2003 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC. Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2016, 05:49 AM
Ya know, I didn't take as you as the racing type EK.
01-10-2016, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2016 11:33 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(01-10-2016 05:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ya know, I didn't take as you as the racing type EK.

I grew up with gear heads, I have a motorcycle license, I prefer a manual transmission over an automatic, I did my own automotive repair most of the time, and I both understand and enjoy Top Gear (UK original FTW). Thumbsup

Oh, and FH3 takes place in Australia, and it is a gorgeous locale.

01-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Quote:I grew up with gear heads, I have a motorcycle license, I prefer a manual transmission over an automatic, I did my own automotive repair most of the time, and I both understand and enjoy Top Gear (UK original FTW). Thumbsup

Yea but, that describes me too and I hate racing games. Tongue
01-10-2016, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2016 04:19 PM by Vosur.)
Doom 2016. This game is an amazing, never-ending gore fest. I just smashed an enemy's head in with his own foot by brutally breaking his leg. Yes

Edit: Skip to 1:27.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
01-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Forza Horizon 3 looks really good, but it's still horrendously expensive (equivalent of 75 USD) and only available through that pile of steaming **** that UWP is (so no steam sale bargain). I'm busy enough with Fire Emblem Fates and Diablo 3 right now.
01-10-2016, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 01:20 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(01-10-2016 04:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:I grew up with gear heads, I have a motorcycle license, I prefer a manual transmission over an automatic, I did my own automotive repair most of the time, and I both understand and enjoy Top Gear (UK original FTW). Thumbsup

Yea but, that describes me too and I hate racing games. Tongue

Games are a way to be stupidly irresponsible with cars in a way I couldn't possibly do so in reality. Ditto firearms, melee weapons, magic, and super powers. Tongue

EDIT: And in Muff's case, armies and nations as well. Big Grin

Case in point, I modified that Skyline out of A Class and into S2 Class. Took it back out onto the road right after the upgrades, did not anticipate the massive increase in both acceleration and top speed, and promptly crashed head first into another car in less than 30 seconds.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2016, 05:21 AM
Quote:EDIT: And in Muff's case, armies and nations as well. Big Grin

Thumbsup

Playing some Cities Skylines. Turned off money and I'm trying to build a nice/realistic looking city.
Here's my transport hub.

[Image: 20161002224637_1.jpg]

It looks alright right?
It's actually 6 different buildings. The train station (obviously) which serves as inter-city travel. It also has a subway station underground.
The smaller train station on the other side serves as a cargo station. It's not my main one I have that by my port on the other side (you can see it in the distance).
The building across the road from the train station is the bus station. The blue building next to that is the bus depot where the buses get fixed and stuff.
And finally, the small yellow building to the far north is the taxi deport.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
02-10-2016, 08:26 AM
(02-10-2016 05:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Thumbsup

Playing some Cities Skylines. Turned off money and I'm trying to build a nice/realistic looking city.
Here's my transport hub.

It looks alright right?
It's actually 6 different buildings. The train station (obviously) which serves as inter-city travel. It also has a subway station underground.
The smaller train station on the other side serves as a cargo station. It's not my main one I have that by my port on the other side (you can see it in the distance).
The building across the road from the train station is the bus station. The blue building next to that is the bus depot where the buses get fixed and stuff.

I had some fun with that game for a while. That's a neat design.
02-10-2016, 11:11 PM
(02-10-2016 05:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Thumbsup

Here's my transport hub.

It looks alright right?

CHALLENGE!

[Image: MetroPittsburg.jpg]

Here's the topography of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the City of Bridges. Try to make a functional city out of this clusterfuck of the Allegheny, Ohio, and Monongahela rivers; smack dab in the middle of all those hills. Great place to build a fort, terrible place to build a city. Tongue

[Image: pittsburgh_skyline_web.jpg]

You know you want an excuse to build a hillside trolly. Big Grin