What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2016, 03:26 AM
RE: What are you playing?
So, Forza Horizon 3 supports music streaming and custom playlists through Groove Music. While I don't give two shits about Microsoft's proprietary music platform, I did want to try it out. After going through my library and picking out what I wanted for my custom playlist, then uploading everything to their OneDrive cloud storage, and making a playlist in Groove, I was finally able to listen to my own music. Plus, you can select which playlist you want to stream from, so that's cool. I can see how someone who has a membership subscription with unlimited access could really enjoy this feature. Me, I'll stick to the music I already have. The indie rock and punk/metal stations are kinda 'meh' in game. Of course, most of the stuff on my playlist is more than a decade old, so maybe I'm just being a grumpy old man. Still, what in the hell is a Blink-182 song doing on their radio? Those guys were already insufferable over a decade ago, now they're the 'old divorced step-dads trying to hard to impress' of pop-punk; it's fucking embarrassing.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 06:18 AM
Oh, and since FH3 is an Xbox game, it supported Kinect. What this means in the PC version is that, if you have a active mic setup, you can use voice commands to interact with your car's navigation AI, ANNA. I noticed it by accident, that the icon at the bottom of the minimap which normally had a icon indicating you could hold down on the d-pad to bring up ANNA, that the icon had changed to a mic. So I grabbed my headset, called out ANNA, and the prompts changed to the same menu as if I had used the button. I asked her what activity I should do, and she suggested a nearby race and asked if she should set a way-point marker on it, and I told her yes. I was pretty impressed that it just fucking worked.

06-10-2016, 06:24 AM
[Image: header.jpg?t=1447358786]

Plus, since I keep folding my futon up to use my TV and Xbox One controller, I've also been working my way thought the Resident Evil 4 HD remaster on PC. Even with fixed mouse support, it just doesn't feel right playing it with a mouse. With a keyboard and mouse setup, I want to control it like any modern third person shooter; and Resident Evil 4 is decidedly not a modern third person shooter. So the controller feels better, reminding me of when I used to play the Gamecube original incessantly.

06-10-2016, 11:27 PM
Unfortunately I'm still into Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls.
I play it on my PS 3 and still find it very enjoyable.

I'd like to play the PC version online and get it moded up, but I can't seem to commit to the $20

LOL

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-10-2016, 12:06 AM
(06-10-2016 11:27 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Unfortunately I'm still into Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls.

I'd like to play the PC version online and get it moded up, but I can't seem to commit to the $20

LOL

Well, Skyrim isn't online on PC, and I'm not sure what level of mod support is allowed for The Elders Scrolls Online (because, you know, it's an MMO).

07-10-2016, 02:57 AM
(07-10-2016 12:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 11:27 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Unfortunately I'm still into Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls.

LOL

Well, Skyrim isn't online on PC, and I'm not sure what level of mod support is allowed for The Elders Scrolls Online (because, you know, it's an MMO).

Yes it is and there are TONS of mods for it on Steam.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-10-2016, 03:05 AM
(07-10-2016 02:57 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 12:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, Skyrim isn't online on PC, and I'm not sure what level of mod support is allowed for The Elders Scrolls Online (because, you know, it's an MMO).

Yes it is and there are TONS of mods for it on Steam.

Oh god, 'glamour' mods make me want to gouge out my eyeballs. It's a fantasy adventure setting, not a Victoria's Secret catalog!

Oh, and by the nature of an MMO, asset replacers only affect client side. You might have a fancy new model and texture for that sword, but that doesn't make everyone else see it; to them it look like either the same old stock model or as whatever mod they have installed to change it's appearance.

07-10-2016, 03:55 AM
Feel like I have worn HOI4 out. Now what...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-10-2016, 08:01 AM
(07-10-2016 03:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Feel like I have worn HOI4 out. Now what...

EU4.
(The latest DLC comes out on Tuesday so it'll probably go on special.)
07-10-2016, 08:02 AM
I've been playing PokeMMO lately. It's a good time-waster.