What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2016, 01:33 PM
RE: What are you playing?
5 more days until the colony's 1 year anniversary. Going pretty well.

[Image: 20161030152809_1_zpsnhagmukr.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2016, 07:55 AM
City tour! (six large images) 70k peeps looks crazy big. Tongue
[Image: BA6Vzg4.jpg]
[Image: LvNmrrq.jpg]
[Image: TCQUYl1.jpg]
[Image: QqochLg.jpg]
[Image: SH33Scl.jpg]
[Image: CPLbG5l.jpg]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-11-2016, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 09:27 AM by Velvet.)
I'm playing Atlas Reactor, new sort of strategy game, liked it a lot.

Is like XCOM meets the Moba genre

Is turn-based tactics pvp in which all turns are planned in the same time and then resolve all at the same time, meaning you have to plan according to what your opponents still haven't done (including that they will they will be doing the same against you).

Adds a ''poker'' factor to strategy that I liked a lot, send me a message if interested = ]

[Image: Atlas-Reactor-Alpha-Review-screenshots-6.jpg]

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
01-11-2016, 11:12 AM
[Image: WoWScrnShot_110116_120808_zpsqhqzzkrw.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Picked up my Polemon Y copy recently. Getting a nice lil team together before Sun and Moon roll around.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
01-11-2016, 11:29 PM
Yakisoba! (Tasty noodles.)

Nice work, HoC.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
02-11-2016, 12:33 AM
More people here need EDF so I can play it with people more...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-11-2016, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 01:13 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Yeah, so this is a thing.

[Image: teraonlinegold.jpg]

A free-to-play MMO out of Korea. While I really could leave behind it's chainmail-bikini armor ascetics and the supper creeptastic loli race called the Elin, underneath all of that cosmetic bullshit is game that's actually fun to play. Like I said, it's free-to-play, so there was no harm in trying it out. But what sold me on it was two things.

First off, their big distinction from other MMO's is the game's real time active combat. There is no auto aim. Your positioning, aiming, and timing of attacks and evasions all matter. It plays far more like a stand alone third person action game than it does any other MMO that has you babysitting a hotbar of abilities on cool down.

Second off, it was playing as the Brawler class, one of the game's designated 'tank' classes.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

So not only do I punch shit to death, I have a combo system with different flourishes; and unlike the Lancer (the other tank, wielding a lance and shield) who turtles up, the Brawler has counter-attacks. While you can just dodge out of the way of attacks or hold down the block button to defend against attacks, a correctly timed block negates more damage and can open up the enemy to powerful follow up counter-attacks. Plus every time you pull it off, the game lets you know, and it's rewarding every time I see that golden icon letting me know that I just negated the enemy's attack and ruined their shit. It rewards paying attention to animation cues and learning the attack patterns of the enemies you fight. Once again, you're not just babysitting a hotbar full of abilities on cool down, you are engaged in a fight where timing and positioning actually matter.

[Image: tumblr_nrqqhuPlcZ1tmneyro2_12801.png]

Not only that, but the game has controller support. So I've been playing this from the comfort of my futon with a Xbox One controller, with my face buttons mapped to my skills (using L1, R1, and L1+R1 to swap out different pallets), and basically playing the game as a Streets of Rage type brawler.

But when I want to mix it up a bit, I jumped back into Far Cry: Primal. Apparently some time after my first play-though of it, they released a Survival Mode update, that greatly reworked the game's balance and difficulty. So I've been having fun hunting down mammoths and cannibal cavemen all over again.

[Image: fcp_infographic_final_small.jpg]

But seriously, the Elin are super creepy.

[Image: 1336534205631.jpg]

A race of nature spirits, that consist seemingly of only 12 year old sexualized animal girls. Probably helps sell of ton of cosmetic shit that makes their free-to-play model work.

[Image: Inner_armor_Black_wallpaper.jpg]

Yep. Cosmetics are probably this games' bread and butter. But hey, at least the cheesecake is served equally. You know, in case you're into panda-people or rock monsters.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-11-2016, 01:23 AM
(04-11-2016 12:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, so this is a thing.

[Image: teraonlinegold.jpg]

A free-to-play MMO out of Korea. While I really could leave behind it's chainmail-bikini armor ascetics and the supper creeptastic loli race called the Elin, underneath all of that cosmetic bullshit is game that's actually fun to play. Like I said, it's free-to-play, so there was no harm in trying it out. But what sold me on it was two things.

First off, their big distinction from other MMO's is the game's real time active combat. There is no auto aim. Your positioning, aiming, and timing of attacks and evasions all matter. It plays far more like a stand alone third person action game than it does any other MMO that has you babysitting a hotbar of abilities on cool down.

Second off, it was playing as the Brawler class, one of the game's designated 'tank' classes.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

So not only do I punch shit to death, I have a combo system with different flourishes; and unlike the Lancer (the other tank, wielding a lance and shield) who turtles up, the Brawler has counter-attacks. While you can just dodge out of the way of attacks or hold down the block button to defend against attacks, a correctly timed block negates more damage and can open up the enemy to powerful follow up counter-attacks. Plus every time you pull it off, the game lets you know, and it's rewarding every time I see that golden icon letting me know that I just negated the enemy's attack and ruined their shit. It rewards paying attention to animation cues and learning the attack patterns of the enemies you fight. Once again, you're not just babysitting a hotbar full of abilities on cool down, you are engaged in a fight where timing and positioning actually matter.

[Image: tumblr_nrqqhuPlcZ1tmneyro2_12801.png]

Not only that, but the game has controller support. So I've been playing this from the comfort of my futon with a Xbox One controller, with my face buttons mapped to my skills (using L1, R1, and L1+R1 to swap out different pallets), and basically playing the game as a Streets of Rage type brawler.

But when I want to mix it up a bit, I jumped back into Far Cry: Primal. Apparently some time after my first play-though of it, they released a Survival Mode update, that greatly reworked the game's balance and difficulty. So I've been having fun hunting down mammoths and cannibal cavemen all over again.

[Image: fcp_infographic_final_small.jpg]

But seriously, the Elin are super creepy.

[Image: 1336534205631.jpg]

A race of nature spirits, that consist seemingly of only 12 year old sexualized animal girls. Probably helps sell of ton of cosmetic shit that makes their free-to-play model work.

[Image: Inner_armor_Black_wallpaper.jpg]

Yep. Cosmetics are probably this games' bread and butter. But hey, at least the cheesecake is served equally. You know, in case you're into panda-people or rock monsters.

Ato tried to get me into that game. It was okay but I didn't play for long.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-11-2016, 01:43 AM
(04-11-2016 01:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Ato tried to get me into that game. It was okay but I didn't play for long.

Well, it would be nice if it had a story I could almost care about like The Old Republic. But the game is more fun to play in the moment. Granted that probably depends on the class and mechanics at play. The first class I tried was Berseker, and it was pretty underwhelming. Since then I tried Brawler and Gunner, and stayed with Brawler because I wanted something to play with a controller. I haven't tried any outside of those three, because I'm limited to just 2 character slots on the server.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]