What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(04-11-2016 01:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 01:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Ato tried to get me into that game. It was okay but I didn't play for long.

Well, it would be nice if it had a story I could almost care about like The Old Republic. But the game is more fun to play in the moment. Granted that probably depends on the class and mechanics at play. The first class I tried was Berseker, and it was pretty underwhelming. Since then I tried Brawler and Gunner, and stayed with Brawler because I wanted something to play with a controller. I haven't tried any outside of those three, because I'm limited to just 2 character slots on the server.

I went with a healer class, can't remember exactly. The lag and being alone was what got me.

Spent half my time stalking people and running around them...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2016, 02:26 AM
(04-11-2016 01:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I went with a healer class, can't remember exactly. The lag and being alone was what got me.

Spent half my time stalking people and running around them...

Yeah, I can see how the nature of the real-time combat, combined with a lack of Aussie servers (forcing you to play on either NA or EU servers) would only compound lag to the point of being nearly unplayable. Even the healers need to aim at their teammates. Undecided

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-11-2016, 03:48 AM
Goddamnit. Just lost two good colonists. Note to self: power armor does nothing against two triple rocket launchers. Turned the guy's brain into mush inside his skull. The other guy simply vanished in the explosions. Didn't even leave a corpse to bury.
04-11-2016, 07:57 PM
5/6 MORE DAYS!

[Image: oscar.png]
04-11-2016, 09:47 PM
I also noticed that, despite talking in an entirely fictitious prehistoric dialect, the person who voiced the protagonist Takkar in Far Cry Primal is the same person (Elias Toufexis) who voiced protagonist Adam Jensen in the last two Deus Ex games.

05-11-2016, 01:17 AM
I'm going to buy Mass Effect Andromeda, and a new PC to play it on ultra, if it disappoints me I will go allahu akbar on Bioware.

I'm waiting for this game for years now o-o

Played Tera online too, got boring after a while, after playing so much rpgs and mmorpgs I can't really enjoy them if it doesn't have some sort of complex skill/build/tree strategy to theorycraft around.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
05-11-2016, 01:51 AM
(05-11-2016 01:17 AM)Velvet Wrote:  I'm going to buy Mass Effect Andromeda, and a new PC to play it on ultra, if it disappoints me I will go allahu akbar on Bioware.

I'm waiting for this game for years now o-o

Played Tera online too, got boring after a while, after playing so much rpgs and mmorpgs I can't really enjoy them if it doesn't have some sort of complex skill/build/tree strategy to theorycraft around.

I used to try my best to break Dungeons & Dragons (and all other d20 systems) for fun and profit. My old college gaming group was made entirely out of rules lawyers, so we all played the game like it was high level chess. There was more than one occasion where we had to use trigonometry to try to approximate the correct DC number for a particular skill check or dice roll.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-11-2016, 04:03 AM
Playing some HoI4. Playing as Germany because I love being me against the world. (and no Italy hardly counts as an ally, they're bloody rubbish and can often be a liability).

Going heavily for quality over quantity thus only having about 150 division, 24 panzer division and the rest infantry divisions.
It worked out really well actually. As you can see I only have 354,000 casualties. That's to conquer Poland, France, Northern Africa (which I had to do because Italy sucks and I was able to blitz that really quickly with my panzers and leave it for Italy to defend.), the low countries and Denmark. I lost around 100,000 taking England (which capitulates the following day after this screenshot. And of which most casualties came from losing troop transports on the English cannal when I was doing the inital invasion.) compared to their 600,000 defending their island, even though it seemed Canada and South Africa were doing all the defending on Englands behalf. I didn't even need to use my panzers (didn't wanna risk losing them in the channal.)

Almost time to invade the Soviets I think. Just gotta wait for winter.

[Image: 20161105224036_1.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-11-2016, 04:14 AM
(05-11-2016 04:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Almost time to invade the Soviets I think. Just gotta wait for winter.

Way to play chicken with history there muffs... Tongue

[Image: sept-14-1942_p-12_old-man-winter.png]

05-11-2016, 05:06 AM
[Image: 8B7109F5A7CD64716005296590E05FCFC0FD2E43]

Well played, Ravagers.

Well played.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post