What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2016, 05:23 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(05-11-2016 05:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: 8B7109F5A7CD64716005296590E05FCFC0FD2E43]

Well played, Ravagers.

Well played.

But they'll never be able to hit you if you're inside the Earth!

*cue EDF chant*

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-11-2016, 01:25 PM
(05-11-2016 01:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Played Tera online too, got boring after a while, after playing so much rpgs and mmorpgs I can't really enjoy them if it doesn't have some sort of complex skill/build/tree strategy to theorycraft around.

My old college gaming group was made entirely out of rules lawyers, so we all played the game like it was high level chess. There was more than one occasion where we had to use trigonometry to try to approximate the correct DC number for a particular skill check or dice roll.

Now that sounds like fun =D

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
05-11-2016, 04:07 PM
(05-11-2016 04:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 04:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Almost time to invade the Soviets I think. Just gotta wait for winter.

Way to play chicken with history there muffs... Tongue

[Image: sept-14-1942_p-12_old-man-winter.png]

It's all strategy EK.
You invade Russia in the winter because the initial invasion is the easiest point and by the time you get to all the swamp land and the fighting starts to get tough winter is over and your troops aren't miserable and freezing, just miserable.

[Image: oscar.png]
05-11-2016, 07:47 PM
(05-11-2016 04:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 04:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Way to play chicken with history there muffs... Tongue

[Image: sept-14-1942_p-12_old-man-winter.png]

It's all strategy EK.
You invade Russia in the winter because the initial invasion is the easiest point and by the time you get to all the swamp land and the fighting starts to get tough winter is over and your troops aren't miserable and freezing, just miserable.

I got into a Denmark campaign. i managed to hold about a 100 Axis divisions at the boarder with just my 5 starting divisions (soon became 8 with rushed reinforcements). Now I hold the directly linked province which I can't spell, Brandenburg, and Pommern. Denmark is defended by a grand total of 15 divisions, half of which are severely under-equipped... Working on fortifying my new borders from the too-rapidly approaching Soviets. My historical games have been going odd. since the last patch, Germany stopped creating Vichy France, and this time the Finns drew the allies into the Finnish-Soviet War.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-11-2016, 08:39 PM
(05-11-2016 01:25 PM)Velvet Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 01:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Played Tera online too, got boring after a while, after playing so much rpgs and mmorpgs I can't really enjoy them if it doesn't have some sort of complex skill/build/tree strategy to theorycraft around.

My old college gaming group was made entirely out of rules lawyers, so we all played the game like it was high level chess. There was more than one occasion where we had to use trigonometry to try to approximate the correct DC number for a particular skill check or dice roll.

Now that sounds like fun =D

What do you do when the party is being accosted by a spell-caster on top of an adjacent cliff, and the party's Monk has already used their once a day Dimension Door ability, and the best option we have is a potion of levitation (not flight, just simple negation of gravity) and the Monk's own obscenely high Jump and Acrobatic skills?

You do trigonometry. You find you DC. The Monk aces it with a d20 roll of 5. Now the spell caster has a 90 movement per round Half-Orc Monk racing at them up the side of a shear cliff to ruin their shit.

Shit was ruined, and it was glorious; the ancestors were proud.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-11-2016, 05:53 PM
A little over 16hours till I can FINALLY play Tyranny.
It comes out 5am tomorrow morning. >< I got my weekend cleared, I got the game pre-loaded onto steam, I've done my research and know the kinda character build I wanna aim for for my first play through.

[Image: 55048409.jpg]

09-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Hey Muffs, looking forward to the Commonwealth DLC for HOI?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-11-2016, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 02:42 AM by EvolutionKills.)
[Image: 3077631-dishonored2.jpg]

I'll be playing this once I get back home this morning. I really, really, really want to play as Emily. But knowing that, I'm going to play as Corvo first, so that way I'll just have to play it again as Emily. Get my feet wet, get my Blink power on, and try to work out another pacifist run. The non-lethal take-downs for the first game, the way you could remove your key targets by means other than straight up murdering them, we're pretty creative. Plus after seeing that dimension swapping section they showed off at E3 (and after playing Titanfall 2's own time-jumping campaign mission), I'm super excited to see what new toys there are to play around with this time.

Fuck, I love immersive sims. Both a new Dishonored and a new Deus Ex in the same year.

10-11-2016, 02:18 AM
(09-11-2016 10:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hey Muffs, looking forward to the Commonwealth DLC for HOI?

Yea absolutely. As long as they give New Zealand some love. Tongue
Paradox have a long history of shafting New Zealand. As evident by Tyranny being released at 5am NZ time. ><

The only issue I have is that this is focused on the Commonwealth helping each other out, yet in WW2 the UK wasn't capable of protecting Australia and New Zealand, it was the US that protected us against the Japanese at the end of the day. It's the primary reason why our countries focused more towards each other and America and viewed ourselves as more independent during the Cold War era and up to today and steered away from this idea that we were colonial nations and UK was our 'homeland'.

I hope they have some options to reflect that. Though in saying that I think that that is more cold war era politics rather than WW2.

10-11-2016, 03:56 AM
Might and Magic Legacy (in the cheat console Big Grin )

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post