What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2016, 06:25 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(01-12-2016 06:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 04:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I thought you were playing that Final Fantasy bs?

I am, when did I say I'm not?

[Image: Cyd8uBLUAAAdJup.jpg:large]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2016, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 09:52 AM by Loom.)
Anyone going to play The Last Guardian when it (finally) comes out Dec 6th?

I don't have a PS4 (cries), but I'm really looking forward to watching the let's-plays.

It's just so nice to finally see it being released. Been watching out for it forike 10 years Tongue

Very few games nowadays seem to focus on character AI, emotional bonding, and realistic animation with attention to physics, so it should be a nice change of pace (plus Trico is so cute >w<).

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
03-12-2016, 03:50 PM
(03-12-2016 09:46 AM)Loom Wrote:  Anyone going to play The Last Guardian when it (finally) comes out Dec 6th?

I don't have a PS4 (cries), but I'm really looking forward to watching the let's-plays.

It's just so nice to finally see it being released. Been watching out for it forike 10 years Tongue

Very few games nowadays seem to focus on character AI, emotional bonding, and realistic animation with attention to physics, so it should be a nice change of pace (plus Trico is so cute >w<).

The problem with Team ICO games (besides skipping a whole generation of development between games) has been that their animation is a really mixed bag. The beasts in Shadows of the Colossus were well animated and really sold their weight and size, but the animation for the protagonist was pretty shit at times. He had one of the worst run cycles and a really bad jump too. That games was a really early example of real time inverse kinematic animation solutions, and it's great when it works, but it often bugs out and causes artifacts.

03-12-2016, 04:13 PM
(03-12-2016 03:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 09:46 AM)Loom Wrote:  Anyone going to play The Last Guardian when it (finally) comes out Dec 6th?

The problem with Team ICO games (besides skipping a whole generation of development between games) has been that their animation is a really mixed bag. The beasts in Shadows of the Colossus were well animated and really sold their weight and size, but the animation for the protagonist was pretty shit at times. He had one of the worst run cycles and a really bad jump too. That games was a really early example of real time inverse kinematic animation solutions, and it's great when it works, but it often bugs out and causes artifacts.

Yeah, the animation of the protagonist in TLG also seems a little wonky at times too, but it's definetly an improvement. The creature, though, has excellent animation. I was watching a gameplay vid and I loved how the creature would twist around when turning on a tight spot in a way you'd expect a real creature would turn, and fold its ears and wings when touching a wall instead of clipping.

The boy's animation is also pretty fluid, though it does seem clunky as far as controls go. But he too has nice little effects that interacts with the world when idle, like resting his hand on a post if he's near it.

It's not all perfect, though, but I just love all those little details Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
03-12-2016, 10:47 PM
In Civilization: Beyond Earth, you find yourself colonizing an alien planet already inhabited by native life. Some of it quite large, powerful, and potentially hostile. One of your crucial starting units, the Explorer, can learn how to 'Leash' the smaller denizens, turning the local fauna into allied units. On a later tech tree is the ability to boost the Leash ability so that it works on colossal sized creatures. Generally by the time you research that technology, the wildlife is largely no longer an issue. But I did use it on a lark to save my Explorer from otherwise certain destruction the other day. It unlocked an achievement called 'Shai Hulud'. It made me chuckle.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-12-2016, 08:25 PM
So.. played against the best Halo 5 player in the world today. That's exciting.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Earmuffs Together for Victory is apparently slated for launch on the 15th

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-12-2016, 03:39 AM
(07-12-2016 09:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Earmuffs Together for Victory is apparently slated for launch on the 15th

1 day after pay day. This pleases me. Your updates please me. You have done well young grasshopper. You bring great honour to your family.

I've actually been playing a lot of HoI4 lately. Trying to get all the achievements.
Trying to get the Big Entree (or however it's spelt) one which is as France form your own faction (there's a branch in the tech tree that does this) and own all German provinces.
Well, after a long hard-fought war, similar to that of WW1, I managed to take all of Germany EXCEPT 1 single little province that the UK grabbed because they were also at war with Germany. 1 single province. 1!!!

Luckily it's still war because I have to beat Japan. So hopefully when the peace table comes I'll have enough participation (I'm at 80%) to grab all the German provinces before anyone else gets a turn to grab land.

Doing a couple other achievements while I do this one. Reach 1948. Reach 1948 as France. Fully research the three doctrine trees. Which will leave me with 10 achievements to get. Which are basically conqueror the world as UK, conqueror the world as Germany (or any facist nation), dont' die as Poland and bumrush as Mexico. Oh and an easy Australian one and form a Scandanavian faction which is easy enough.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-12-2016, 04:14 AM
(08-12-2016 03:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 09:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Earmuffs Together for Victory is apparently slated for launch on the 15th

1 day after pay day. This pleases me. Your updates please me. You have done well young grasshopper. You bring great honour to your family.

I've actually been playing a lot of HoI4 lately. Trying to get all the achievements.
Trying to get the Big Entree (or however it's spelt) one which is as France form your own faction (there's a branch in the tech tree that does this) and own all German provinces.
Well, after a long hard-fought war, similar to that of WW1, I managed to take all of Germany EXCEPT 1 single little province that the UK grabbed because they were also at war with Germany. 1 single province. 1!!!

Luckily it's still war because I have to beat Japan. So hopefully when the peace table comes I'll have enough participation (I'm at 80%) to grab all the German provinces before anyone else gets a turn to grab land.

Doing a couple other achievements while I do this one. Reach 1948. Reach 1948 as France. Fully research the three doctrine trees. Which will leave me with 10 achievements to get. Which are basically conqueror the world as UK, conqueror the world as Germany (or any facist nation), dont' die as Poland and bumrush as Mexico. Oh and an easy Australian one and form a Scandanavian faction which is easy enough.

I looked into getting that achievement, have not succeeded though. I've read that one prime way to do it is turtle up behind the Alpine Line and Maginot and funnel Yugoslavia all the arms you can, after a time you'll be able to burst forward without much opposition from Maginot and cut some good swathes into Germany.

So you just ground them down?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-12-2016, 06:26 AM
Fix't my controller...

[Image: 719cJHPtgtL._SL256_.jpg]

...for playing the Fallout 4 DLC from the couch. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user