What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 11:27 PM
What are you playing?
(16-03-2014 10:09 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 09:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Titanfall. So much Titanfall...

Titanfall: Uses Valve's SOURCE engine; game not available on Steam. Dodgy

That's Microsoft for you. Use open source innovation for privatization. It's nothing new: Bungie used to be the #1 Mac game developer, until Microsoft bought them out and chained them to the Xbox platform.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Can't stop playing DAYZ, although I seem to be collecting pelican cases more than shooting.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScFdasWVNOtnPjaBIDxVM...WYzMslZxNQ]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
17-03-2014, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2014 12:17 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-03-2014 11:27 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 10:09 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Titanfall: Uses Valve's SOURCE engine; game not available on Steam. Dodgy

That's Microsoft for you. Use open source innovation for privatization. It's nothing new: Bungie used to be the #1 Mac game developer, until Microsoft bought them out and chained them to the Xbox platform.

The SOURCE engine is not open source... Facepalm

[Image: Source_engine_logo.png]

It's Valve's engine that they developed for Half-Life², and has since been used in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Counter Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Team Fortress 2, the Left for Dead series, DOTA 2, Nuclear Dawn, Alien Swarm, Zeno Clash, and most recently in Titanfall (for which the engine was legally licensed, no different than Bioware using the Unreal 3 engine for Mass Effect).

The point being that the engine that was developed by Valve is being used in a game that is not available on Valve's digital distribution platform, Steam; the preeminent digital platform on PC.

[Image: steam4.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-03-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm still forced to play nothing but 360 games..

But good news! Soon I shall have a new hard drive for my laptop!
And once I have installed that and got it working (I am REALLY hoping the Wifi works this time!) I shall return to my beloved PC games!

Evil Genius, Empire Total War, Arma II, Back and White 2, MechWarrior Online, I have missed you soo much!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2014, 12:28 AM
(17-03-2014 12:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm still forced to play nothing but 360 games..

And once I have installed that and got it working (I am REALLY hoping the Wifi works this time!) I shall return to my beloved PC games!

Evil Genius, Empire Total War, Arma II, Back and White 2, MechWarrior Online, I have missed you soo much!
Laptop ? ....PC Games ... ?
[Image: Denial.jpg]

I can build you a gaming PC out of spare parts if you like.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
17-03-2014, 12:33 AM
(17-03-2014 12:28 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 12:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm still forced to play nothing but 360 games..

Laptop ? ....PC Games ... ?
[Image: Denial.jpg]

I can build you a gaming PC out of spare parts if you like.

I would LOVE a proper gaming PC, but there are problems... I can't afford either to by build or have one built for me and I can't really lug a real PC between my mother's and father's houses...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Buys Xbone and next gen online first person shooter...

Spends day playing gameboy advanced roms on an emulator.

[Image: oscar.png]
18-03-2014, 04:10 PM
What are you playing?
I wanted to buy a new game in Steam. I was *this close* to buying DayZ. Then it occurred to me that, much like all the DayZ Arma mods I have played, it will be mostly PvP. Not in the mood.

Instead I bought Planet Explorers on a whim. At first I was mildly disappointed. But, much like Terraria or Starbound, once I got into it my mind started coming up with ideas for things I want to create. This makes it a good game.

I can't think if the last time a game inspired me to create. I made a dune buggy (design). I can't build it yet because my scanners still haven't picked up any signed of petroleum. And apparently I can't make an electric car.

I'll have to email the devs about that. It's still in alpha. Maybe I can help design this. We shall see.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
20-03-2014, 05:42 PM
I have no idea what compelled me to but I'm playing my Animal Crossing New Leaf for the first time in like 5 months or more. You have no idea how impressed I was that not only was my town wasn't a massive heap of chaos but that all my original citizens were still there plus a few new ones! I'm not that obsessed with it but I like it as a mind-numbing/kill time while I'm listening to or watching something game. Gotta get a bigger house. I feel shame when I see all these decked out-fancy-ass two story homes through street passes while I only got a one story little shack Dodgy It's fine for my hick living but I want another floor dammit!

[Image: notagain.gif]
20-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Forza 5

I don't like to brag about my achievements (lie, I tots do) but I am ranked 600 on one of the tracks.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post