What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(08-12-2016 04:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 03:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  1 day after pay day. This pleases me. Your updates please me. You have done well young grasshopper. You bring great honour to your family.

I've actually been playing a lot of HoI4 lately. Trying to get all the achievements.
Trying to get the Big Entree (or however it's spelt) one which is as France form your own faction (there's a branch in the tech tree that does this) and own all German provinces.
Well, after a long hard-fought war, similar to that of WW1, I managed to take all of Germany EXCEPT 1 single little province that the UK grabbed because they were also at war with Germany. 1 single province. 1!!!

Luckily it's still war because I have to beat Japan. So hopefully when the peace table comes I'll have enough participation (I'm at 80%) to grab all the German provinces before anyone else gets a turn to grab land.

Doing a couple other achievements while I do this one. Reach 1948. Reach 1948 as France. Fully research the three doctrine trees. Which will leave me with 10 achievements to get. Which are basically conqueror the world as UK, conqueror the world as Germany (or any facist nation), dont' die as Poland and bumrush as Mexico. Oh and an easy Australian one and form a Scandanavian faction which is easy enough.

I looked into getting that achievement, have not succeeded though. I've read that one prime way to do it is turtle up behind the Alpine Line and Maginot and funnel Yugoslavia all the arms you can, after a time you'll be able to burst forward without much opposition from Maginot and cut some good swathes into Germany.

So you just ground them down?

Yea basically I went full turtle. I used my motorised and tanks (though in hindsight I should have used just motorised) to easily take Africa from Italy when they joined in. My navy is far superior to Italy's and German's combined so I was able to keep Italy inside Italy. Fleet seeking out Italian ships in the Mediteraian and my subs keeping the Germans at bay.

Than just hold the maginot, which I extended out along the border with Belgium, and the Alpine forts along the Italian border, which I converted all my colonial troops to mountaineers and made 24 mountaineer divisions to hold that line.
24 infantry in the Maginot. 48 along the Belgium border. All three borders were heavily fortified by the time the war started. The forts along the Belgium border weren't fully built but it takes a little while for Germany to decide to attack Belgium so it was alright.

What I didn't see coming though was Nationalist Spain to join the Axis and attack me in my butt. Had absolutely zero forts on that border. Luckily I had just trained up 24 divisions of infantry and so was able to reinforce that border. Spanish troops are fucking trash so I was able to actually able to easily halt their advance and push into Spain and eventually take them. Used my motorised to clean up Spanish Africa areas.

Than I used my mountaineers to push into Italy. I pushed rather far in before the Germans showed up to the party and scared the shit out of me by almost wiping out 22 divisions. (I had built an extra 24 divisions I was pushing into Italy with alongside my mountaineers.). Luckily my defense is good due to all the defense bonuses I had. Eventually pushed their lines pushed 24 divisions to the Italian/German border and 24 divsions pushed into Italy and quickly took it over.
Than I added Yugoslavia to my faction and Romania. Basically spread my troops out from Switzerland to the Soviet Union and than pushed that large southern border north while my French/German border (which included Beligum which had been annexed by Germany at this point) pushed east.

It was slow as shit and it cost me 2million men, but it also cost the Italians 1.5million and Germany almost 2million and Spain almost a million.

The good thing is, even if I couldn't push at times, they couldn't push back because my defence was so strong. Plus with Spanish and Italian industry under my thumb they couldn't out produce me either.

Just carried the save on, conquered Japan. They're like the UK, they fall super easy once you get like 24 divisions on the Island. Hard part is getting onto the Island.
And at the peace table I had like 90% participation so I was able to take the vast majority of stuff, including all of Germany which gave me the achievement. All before the end of 1942.

Now I just gotta wait it out till 1448 to get the other couple I want.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
09-12-2016, 06:33 AM
Fuuuuuck Japan.

Just fall already you bastards

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-12-2016, 06:06 AM
(08-12-2016 07:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 04:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I looked into getting that achievement, have not succeeded though. I've read that one prime way to do it is turtle up behind the Alpine Line and Maginot and funnel Yugoslavia all the arms you can, after a time you'll be able to burst forward without much opposition from Maginot and cut some good swathes into Germany.

So you just ground them down?

Yea basically I went full turtle. I used my motorised and tanks (though in hindsight I should have used just motorised) to easily take Africa from Italy when they joined in. My navy is far superior to Italy's and German's combined so I was able to keep Italy inside Italy. Fleet seeking out Italian ships in the Mediteraian and my subs keeping the Germans at bay.

Than just hold the maginot, which I extended out along the border with Belgium, and the Alpine forts along the Italian border, which I converted all my colonial troops to mountaineers and made 24 mountaineer divisions to hold that line.
24 infantry in the Maginot. 48 along the Belgium border. All three borders were heavily fortified by the time the war started. The forts along the Belgium border weren't fully built but it takes a little while for Germany to decide to attack Belgium so it was alright.

What I didn't see coming though was Nationalist Spain to join the Axis and attack me in my butt. Had absolutely zero forts on that border. Luckily I had just trained up 24 divisions of infantry and so was able to reinforce that border. Spanish troops are fucking trash so I was able to actually able to easily halt their advance and push into Spain and eventually take them. Used my motorised to clean up Spanish Africa areas.

Than I used my mountaineers to push into Italy. I pushed rather far in before the Germans showed up to the party and scared the shit out of me by almost wiping out 22 divisions. (I had built an extra 24 divisions I was pushing into Italy with alongside my mountaineers.). Luckily my defense is good due to all the defense bonuses I had. Eventually pushed their lines pushed 24 divisions to the Italian/German border and 24 divsions pushed into Italy and quickly took it over.
Than I added Yugoslavia to my faction and Romania. Basically spread my troops out from Switzerland to the Soviet Union and than pushed that large southern border north while my French/German border (which included Beligum which had been annexed by Germany at this point) pushed east.

It was slow as shit and it cost me 2million men, but it also cost the Italians 1.5million and Germany almost 2million and Spain almost a million.

The good thing is, even if I couldn't push at times, they couldn't push back because my defence was so strong. Plus with Spanish and Italian industry under my thumb they couldn't out produce me either.

Just carried the save on, conquered Japan. They're like the UK, they fall super easy once you get like 24 divisions on the Island. Hard part is getting onto the Island.
And at the peace table I had like 90% participation so I was able to take the vast majority of stuff, including all of Germany which gave me the achievement. All before the end of 1942.

Now I just gotta wait it out till 1448 to get the other couple I want.

I'm in the end game of a small (6-way) game of Beyond Earth. It's down to the last 3, myself (American Reclamation Corporation) facing off against the allied forces of Al-Falah and the North Sea Alliance. They're both leaning heavily into superiority affinity, so they and their army are basically Deus Ex incarnate. High-tech forces that get most of their bonuses from being adjacent to other allied units. While I've maxed out all of my possible affinity level, my units ungraded along the harmony/purity path, so my units get huge bonuses from being deployed individually. All three of us hold at least one former capital of our former nearest rival (I hold Polystralia, while they hold the former African Union and Kavithan Protectorate).

For now I've been consolidating my power, building up my forces along the borders in preparation for hostilities. I lowered my relationship with both powers from cooperation to neutral, closing our borders (the AI has a nasty habit of walking troops into friendly territory and then declaring war). I'm much further ahead in technology, and I've completed construction of the Beacon, and I'm ready to start the 45 turn countdown to the end game once it's activated. So I'm just letting my vastly superior spy agency fuck around with their cities, working up enough intrigue to allow for sabotage, like de-orbiting all of their nearby satellites or luring a massive native Siege Worn to attack the colony.

Once that's down, it'll be up to by line of First Immortals and their supporting line of First Thrones to hold the line, while my air-force strikes with impunity. I've also launched Phasal Transport satellites close to the former capitals, allowing me to quickly teleport forces from any colony to the designated area instantly, hopefully allowing for quick liberation and putting an additional two (very grateful and indebted) faction back into play. They might loot some of the periphery, but they won't break my lines. I also have a handful of Xeno Titans, massive alien siege units that are built to assault colonies in melee. Between my spy satellites and my physical agents, I know they don't have any of Angel units built (the superiority equivalent siege unit).

I've already won, they just don't know it yet.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Card Wars.

Cornfields are awesome!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
12-12-2016, 10:39 AM
I spent yesterday playing Nova: Covert Ops for Starcraft II. It was reasonably fun and a decent amount of content for a $15 add on. Having her armed with a shotgun and using a high powered shot ability to shred an entire line of zerglings was so wonderful Smile

(03-12-2016 10:47 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  In Civilization: Beyond Earth, you find yourself colonizing an alien planet already inhabited by native life. Some of it quite large, powerful, and potentially hostile. One of your crucial starting units, the Explorer, can learn how to 'Leash' the smaller denizens, turning the local fauna into allied units. On a later tech tree is the ability to boost the Leash ability so that it works on colossal sized creatures. Generally by the time you research that technology, the wildlife is largely no longer an issue. But I did use it on a lark to save my Explorer from otherwise certain destruction the other day. It unlocked an achievement called 'Shai Hulud'. It made me chuckle.

You have ridden the mighty siege worm! Truly, you are Muad'Dib, the Kwisatz Haderach! (Seriously wish I could play that, but laptop is too out of date. I've watched some really great Let's Plays.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
13-12-2016, 06:21 AM
Fallout 4. Made five hours disappear this morning just fast traveling about rebuilding my ammo reserves. Tongue

living word
14-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Well, I was playing a shit load of Halo 5.
But Together for Victory comes out tonight so I guess I won't be playing Halo on my day off tomorrow.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Windows 10 reset is made of ass so I just booted from the stick. Took a while but I logged back into FO4 to find I have the fully modded general's outfit on with no mods. Score. Big Grin

living word
15-12-2016, 01:32 AM
Wolfenstein: The New Order.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-12-2016, 04:22 AM
I am slowly working my way to 100% on EDF 4.1... still...

I just beat Ranger in all main missions on difficulties Hard and below. Now I'm working on getting my Air Raider there, then the other two classes. Then I'll start pushing through Hardest on all of them. Thankfully my Inferno grinding has given me some very good weapons to work with, at least with my Air Raider.

Also, I fell through a floor.
[Image: 126F188664682EC8A59480A134DECD1567201B84]
I eventually fell back onto the map from the sky.

Also, also, here is me in a Depth Crawler riding the first seen Erginus:
[Image: B7B30C9507F37157004B51EACF4D0C124566C52A]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post