What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 07:59 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Nuka-world in FO4. For DLC rated 34% on steam, I'm sure getting 100% out of it. Buncha lamebrains. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2016, 08:53 AM
Endless Space 2, early access. Looking real good. Not making the mistake of Diablo devs to completely revamp and screw up a good game. Cant wait until the modding takes off too.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
18-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Spawn and Die... Sorry, I meant to say Battlefield 1.

Sent from my B3-A20 using Tapatalk

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
18-12-2016, 06:36 PM
No Man's Sky

I love this game. Never understood why so many call of duty morons thought a lowkey chill game was for their add riddled brains.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-12-2016, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2016 07:36 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-12-2016 06:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No Man's Sky

I love this game. Never understood why so many call of duty morons thought a lowkey chill game was for their add riddled brains.

I was bored with it because it had no gameplay, and fell well short of what was advertised. I really enjoy immersive sims, clockwork worlds with layers upon layers of systems working and interacting with each other. Deus Ex, Skyrim, Fallout, Dishonored. But the game has no systems. There are no faction interactions. You are not going to see dynamic interactions between AI, because they're almost all just window dressing. You cannot ally with any of the factions against the space pirates, nor will you see dynamic interactions on the planet. Each planet is occupied by a single species, and they're spread out across the world in single inhabitant enclosures. You literally will never see more than a single sentient alien at any one time, so interaction isn't possible.

What little there is to do basically amounts to inventory management with one of the most purposely obtuse inventories in recent memory. It was so bad that I pined for the simplicity of Resident Evil's inventory management. And what does he game's progression amount to? Simply more inventory slots, so all your progress is you simply trying to dig yourself out of a hole of awfulness, instead of staring at a reasonable baseline and getting better; you have to slog just to get to 'meh'.

Now if they had advertised the game as a walking simulator and charged $20 for it, that's fine. But they didn't. They sold it on dynamic space combat with competing factions, and interesting native fauna that was able to interact with the environment. They sold the game on the promise of multiplayer, they sold the game on you having shit to do. But they didn't deliver. The universe, as expansive as it is, feels lifeless. There is little to do but exist. It lacks even the bare minimum of other games with survival elements, crafting. Not only that, but after over promising and woefully under delivering, they had the gall to ask $60 up front.

Fuck them. That game is worth $5 on a Steam sale, no more.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-12-2016, 05:26 AM
I got about 130 hrs out of NMS but EK is correct. Wink

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-12-2016, 05:46 AM
(19-12-2016 05:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I got about 130 hrs out of NMS but EK is correct. Wink

[Image: 79a.gif]

Of course I am.

I went to school for this shit.

[Image: pittsburgh_1300x700-min.ashx?h=700&a...E75934FBA3]

Wink

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-12-2016, 07:36 AM
If you want to try a cheaper exploration/survival experience, that also has way more shit to do in it? A game with worthwhile gameplay? Try Subnautica.

[Image: header.jpg?t=1474583343]

Stranded in the middle of the ocean on an alien world, you must explore, survive, and eventually thrive across the alien oceanic biomes. All the while exploring the mystery of the abandoned Precursor ruins scattered across the world, as you also try to establish yourself well enough to survive and signal for help and eventual rescue from off planet. It's in Early Access and will set you back $20 when it's not on sale. It's also gotten constant updates since I bought my copy in summer, the last on landed just 4 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/user/subnautica/videos

http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/

19-12-2016, 08:44 PM
I found a new one called TorchLight 2 which is exactly like Diablo and PoE only better. My kids said I like it better because it's PoE for kids. Blush

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-12-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm playing Mafia at AF.org right now. I know some players come from here. Do you guys have a mafia subforum too?

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle