What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2016, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2016 10:54 AM by houseofcantor.)
RE: What are you playing?
Talked my buddy into buying Steep while it's on sale. Big Grin

The hardest part is trying to stop laughing at my poor pro bouncing of rocks and trees long enough to figure out the courses. Laugh out load

EDIT:

Added some screenies of Ami abuse. Big Grin

[Image: uZqHpkf.jpg]
[Image: TnCCjno.jpg]
[Image: p9t7CHe.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2016, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2016 04:18 PM by Free Thought.)
(21-12-2016 08:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 05:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So... As Germany, you can't rush the Dutch for their rubber now since the Dutch East Indies is a real nation now, albeit a puppet one... Also it's impossible to invade them because of distance...

Son, fuck rushing Netherlands. Rush Poland and Russia. Tongue
Hit Poland early (just fabricate a claim), they're harder to fight because your armed forces aren't up to scratch but Poland's army is pretty trash so it's very doable. If you hit them early enough there's not enough world tension (needs to be less than 25%) for the allies to do shit, plus they're not exactly gagging for war that early into the game. And then when the Soviets get the purge the officer's event they get stuck with a -50% organisation penalty. I mean Soviet troops are trash enough as it is, but with -50% org... holy cow talk about a cake walk.

The key with Germany isn't massing divisions it's getting around 100 infantry and 24 tank divisions and getting them all fully equipped. And make them pretty big divisions but not too big. I like to aim for 20 combat-width because battles are usually around 80-100 combat-width so you can have 4-5 divisions fighting at a time. If you have the combat-width too big such as 30, then if the combat-width in a battle is 80 you can only fit 2 divisions and you'll have 20 combat-width being wasted in battle. So while your divisions are bigger, you actually have fewer troops fighting and are doing less damage.
So divisions with around 40-50 organisation, 20 combat width (usually something like 3 columns of infantry all the way down except the last 2 rows and fill the last 2 rows with anti-air and/or artillery) and fully equipped with good support units (recon and engineer are a must and I like to throw on a field hospital (or maintenance for tank divisions) and an artillery). You will destroy.

[Image: 20161216124751_1.jpg]

Not even at war with the Allies yet. I was able to end the war with the Soviets and Poland (two separate wars) so I don't even get rebels fucking up my industry that I need to suppress.

Nothing but a shit ton of industry which is now mine, one less headache to worry about and a clear path to help Japan take on China and easily take on India when I attack the Allies. All by the start of 1939.

World conquest here I come. Tanks, submarines and rifles don't need rubber. Neither do anti-air guns. The British can have the skies, I'll have the land thank you very much.

I tried that route; the USSR capitulated late 1938 if I recall. I timed the attack well; the Soviet had just started the Purge.
My armies were primarily infantry with a good amount of Cavalry for my encirclement divisions, along with a few Panzer divisions. Cav is fast enough, and cheaper that motorised or tank divisions so I settled on those and focused my industry on weapon stockpiling. Since the Spearhead command came, encirclement has become much easier for me.
I tried to encircle the armies of the USSR around Moscow in a massive bubble, but the bastards kept retreating before I could close it. Then they capitulated.
I started the Russian Empire as my puppet overseeing some of the more populated regions near Crimea through to Stalingrad. I left a puppet Poland too with the two areas boarding Czechoslovakia and then-USSR. I used troops levied from their numbers to form my Coast Guard and Suppression armies. The Russians with the greatest manpower supplied my Coast Guard; 8 Infantry, + 1 Field artillery with ENG RECON AA ART support companies. The Poles were tasked with supplying my Suppression divisions; 4 Cav + MPs. My puppets supplied the vast bulk of those men. Though I had to supply the gear. I was running out frequently, especially once I was at war with the remaining ComIntern and Allies...

Around mid-'39 I invaded Luxembourg, but it joined the allies, kicking things off a bit early. No problem. my forces were superior to the Allies in every way. Hell, I was fielding light tanks from 1944. (In the Road to 56 mod you can get up to a -68% research time bonus, combined with German early armour tech focuses it was absurdly easy.)

Unfortunately the mod went through a patch and now the save crashes. It's fine; I'll just start again.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
25-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Thinking of picking up Civ 5 while it is on sale, don't know how hard it would be for a noob to play.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Time to play broken ass Rome: Total War and exploit the shit out of the "phalanx at the end of the map" strategy.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
25-12-2016, 05:59 PM
(25-12-2016 02:10 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Time to play broken ass Rome: Total War and exploit the shit out of the "phalanx at the end of the map" strategy.

At an old forum I used to post at in a time long ago there was this guy, Scud (still remember his username ><), him, I and a couple others had our own little cliche going. Anyway, he was pretty competitive and we both played Rome TW at the time so he wanted to do some multiplayer battles because he thought he was invincible behind his Pontus phalanx and thought he was the best player in the world because of it. So, after much of his smack talk I agreed to a multiplayer battle.

He had his Pontus army with the phalanx and some strong archers and cavalry.
I had nothing but cavalry archers. Kicked his ass so hard I've never heard anyone whine like a little bitch so hard in my life.
His troops were too slow to reach the cavalry archers and of course, I wasn't gonna charge head first into a bunch of phalanx.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
25-12-2016, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2016 11:47 PM by EvolutionKills.)
How do you assholes play Dark Souls III? Fuck that game.

It runs beautifully, buttery smooth 60FPS and is a real looker, even if it's impossible to make a avatar that isn't a malformed mess. Character creation amounts to "here's your entirely recessive allele avatar, now pick a class, and no we won't tell you what any of the stats mean or why they're important!" So at first I tried playing one of the Deprived, because I had no idea what I wanted to play so I thought I'd take the balanced stats. Surely, I'll be able to find gear. Yes, and no. Did find a 'East and West' shield after my fist boss fight, and even though I meet all of the stat requirements to equip it, it won't let me and I don't have a fucking clue why. First boss fight with that hulking knight with the sword stuck in his chest happens before you can really find anything. Now I've played hundreds and hundreds of hours of slow and difficult action games, Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter are my fucking jam. I get learning the boss' attach patterns and knowing when to strike and back away. Didn't fucking work. Why? Because the motherfucker can pivot mid attack. Are you fucking shitting me? Are you motherfucking shitting me? That is bullshit of the highest fucking order. You watch him do his attacks, you get the pattern down, and when you move in to dodge the attack and take the opening, he can now pivot in place and the attack you should have dodged how hits home. Fuck that. Fuck that hard. Especially when, without armor, two hits is all it takes to kill you. So even assuming you get there undamaged, you've got to kill him while only taking 4 hits, or else you're dead. So did actually reading his attacks work? No, I was being too fucking smart. Just get up close, roll around randomly like a fucking tool, and spam basic attacks. No thought, to strategy. Fuck that...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-12-2016, 01:35 AM
But you can check the definitions of the stats, I did it just now in fact to make sure...
Typically the Deprived is as close as Dark Souls gets to a 'hard mode' since it starts you off deprived of gear and stats.
Really thebsrartibg class doesn't mean much, they just give a bit of a boost to certain play styles. As you get sounds and level up you can put points into whatever so long as you can afford them.

On the topic of DS... would anyone be interested in watching me stream it? I've felt a weird urge to stream again lately.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-12-2016, 01:48 AM
Still Deus Ex. It's interesting even with it's pressure for stealth. I go for killy route though - first subdue then shoot in the back of the head. It's fighting fascism with fascism.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
26-12-2016, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 02:32 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(26-12-2016 01:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  But you can check the definitions of the stats, I did it just now in fact to make sure...
Typically the Deprived is as close as Dark Souls gets to a 'hard mode' since it starts you off deprived of gear and stats.
Really thebsrartibg class doesn't mean much, they just give a bit of a boost to certain play styles. As you get sounds and level up you can put points into whatever so long as you can afford them.

On the topic of DS... would anyone be interested in watching me stream it? I've felt a weird urge to stream again lately.

I also tried the Herald, and yeah the armor helps, but that doesn't fix the fundamental bullshittery that is lock on mid-attack rotation. That just really feels like a deal breaker for me. The first boss did the same thing all over again. Trying to dance at mid-range with my spear got me decimated by his lock on direction changing. I had to basically just dodge roll around him like a fucking tool again, and just spammed the basic attack until it died. It took a few tries, but it was stupid luck, not skill. Learning his patterns didn't help. I didn't finish feeling like I had triumphed through adversity, that I had actually learned anything or had grown in experience or skill, but rather that I had bested the game's bullshit mechanics with a stupid exploit. It's a far cry from Monster Hunter, where you can learn to predict the monster's attacks, and reliably avoid them to get your hits in. If that's what this game amounts to, I'm not sure I want to keep playing.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-12-2016, 02:57 AM
Case in point.