What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(28-12-2016 07:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What I wanna know is how they shot down 52 planes. ><

Still, 100 U-boats for 5 BBs, 2 BCs and 3 CAs. Consider Yea I'd take that trade.
You probably lost more tonnage but now your navy (if it hasn't been bombed to death by British naval bombers) will be able to engage the British navy with a good fighting chance.
Plus, u-boats are super cheap and quick to build, especially compared to BBs.

The UK has at least three times the surface ships I do, three years on. My Kreigsmarine and Ostseeflotte fleets were smashed down in the opening of WWII by French and English fleets while guarding the entrance to the Baltic. They still exist, but Ostseeflotte is down to two Scharnhorst-Class battleships, and the Kreigsmarine is down to three Heavy cruisers and a light and a destroyer.

The world is currently split between 'four' powers; the Allies, Axis, ComIntern, and the Sadabat Pact. Oh, and Non-affiliated Japan.

The allies consist of every typical Allied power, sans Denmark which joined the Axis in self defence.
The Axis consists of Germany, Spain, Denmark, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Latvia, and Germany's many puppets; Vichy France, Croatia, Slovakia, Yugoslavia, Poland, Russia.
The ComIntern consists of basically Brazil. Well Saikang and Tannu Tuva too but those don't really count, do they?
The Sadabat Pact is Italy, Turkey, Iraq, and Estonia.

Japan desperately wants to join the Axis but Germany keeps telling them to fuck themselves. We don't want another front to bleed out population dry on.

On that note; you got any idea for Coast defence divisions? My current is 2 ART 7 INF + ART, AA, REC, ENG, MAIN support companies.

I was thinking of attaching a Heavy Tank battalion to them to further bolster them. Manpower isn't much of an issue; my puppets are supplying the majority of men.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Quote:My Kreigsmarine and Ostseeflotte fleets were smashed down in the opening of WWII by French and English fleets while guarding the entrance to the Baltic.

Ah, bugger.

You should merge them. I usually have a sub fleet and merge everything else into the Kreigsmarine. No point in dividing your forces while the British fleet is in full power.
The only time you should need to divide your forces is either with submarines when you're attacking convoys and want to attack a very large area or when you have naval dominace and want to shut a country down.

Quote:The world is currently split between 'four' powers; the Allies, Axis, ComIntern, and the Sadabat Pact. Oh, and Non-affiliated Japan.

What the fu..

Quote:The Sadabat Pact is Italy, Turkey, Iraq, and Estonia.

WHAT THE FU..

You're having one hell of a weird game.

Quote:On that note; you got any idea for Coast defence divisions? My current is 2 ART 7 INF + ART, AA, REC, ENG, MAIN support companies.

You only need maintence on tank divisions really unless you're bleeding equipment something horrid. I find feild hospital to be much more important.

I don't know about specific coastal defense divisions. I just use my normal divisions after I take France to line the French and low country coast lines.
Usually only takes 2-4 armies of 24 divisions. Any other country that I need to conquer, Scandanavian countries, Switzerland, Romania etc.. can usually be crushed easily by one lot of 24 divisions or my tank divisions.

And by the time I need those divisions it's usually for naval invasions in which case the target country is hardly in a position to be launching their own naval invasion against me.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-12-2016, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2016 07:57 PM by Free Thought.)
(28-12-2016 06:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:My Kreigsmarine and Ostseeflotte fleets were smashed down in the opening of WWII by French and English fleets while guarding the entrance to the Baltic.

Ah, bugger.

You should merge them. I usually have a sub fleet and merge everything else into the Kreigsmarine. No point in dividing your forces while the British fleet is in full power.
The only time you should need to divide your forces is either with submarines when you're attacking convoys and want to attack a very large area or when you have naval dominace and want to shut a country down.

Quote:The world is currently split between 'four' powers; the Allies, Axis, ComIntern, and the Sadabat Pact. Oh, and Non-affiliated Japan.

What the fu..

Quote:The Sadabat Pact is Italy, Turkey, Iraq, and Estonia.

WHAT THE FU..

You're having one hell of a weird game.

Welcome to the Road to '56 mod. A compilation of research extension, industry expansion, politics expansion, and many national focus mods.

Things tend to be a bit crazy.

Thought you might appreciate some images showing the state of the world:

[Image: 1D9DD320E528715DB4E7444108649A514A20E499]
[Image: F07D9D686C77D74785E92DA440583D2A238B9127]
[Image: 6BF0B69B36B65A037DA2A65BE44D4E67440256C9]

Some notes:
I've divided about 20 sub fleets of 10 subs each and scattered them around, which is where they are giant masses of convoy raid markers.
The Sadabat Pact used to extend into India but for some reason they got beat back by the allies, and since they were threatening the Reich's Caucuses and Russian deserts, I intervened.
I only just took Australia about a week ago. Japan took the credit despite not having a single VP.

I'll answer any questions you have.

Edit: addition: And yes, I do have Field Hospitals on my primary divisions; I just wanted to minimise the waste from my Puppet divisions; I can afford manpower losses from them since the vast bulk are Puppet men, but i wanted to cut down on weapon loss. I have over 200000 requests for the new MP47 that need filling, waste not and such.

Also, I was wrong about Brazil and Sinkang.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Quote:Thought you might appreciate some images showing the state of the world:

Always.

Quote:I only just took Australia about a week ago. Japan took the credit despite not having a single VP.

I was gonna say, that border gore in Australia is disgusting. Laughat

Man that's one clusterfuck looking game borderwise.
I much prefer just have no borders by conquering everyone around me and taking it all for myself. Tongue Lifes simple that way.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-12-2016, 09:56 PM
(29-12-2016 06:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Thought you might appreciate some images showing the state of the world:

Always.

Quote:I only just took Australia about a week ago. Japan took the credit despite not having a single VP.

I was gonna say, that border gore in Australia is disgusting. Laughat

Man that's one clusterfuck looking game borderwise.
I much prefer just have no borders by conquering everyone around me and taking it all for myself. Tongue Lifes simple that way.

I can see that. My policy used to be similar before Torch implemented Diplo-annexation. Now I can use puppets to fill out my manpower requirements and once I don't need them any more I can peacefully annex them directly into the Reich.
Utility now trumps beauty.

30-12-2016, 08:23 PM
I got Dark Souls. Going to be playing that.

30-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Bored with PoE. Bored with Torchlight II. Bored with Might & Magic. Can't play Dark Souls 3 because I basically suck at using the controls. Back to backgammon I guess.

#sigh
30-12-2016, 11:02 PM
(30-12-2016 08:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bored with PoE. Bored with Torchlight II. Bored with Might & Magic. Can't play Dark Souls 3 because I basically suck at using the controls. Back to backgammon I guess.

Do you like music? Can you hold a steady beat? Can you handle using just a D-Pad?

Then do I have the game for you!

[Image: titlescreen_1080.png]

Crypt of the Necrodancer is currently 75% off, so you can pick it up for $3.74 USD right now on STEAM.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
31-12-2016, 03:35 AM
The King of Wave Survival really has come into it's own since it finally hit version 1.0, and is now feature complete. The first game started out as a total conversion mod for Unreal Tournament 2004, and was released in 2005; handily beating the the release of Gears of War 2 in 2008 (and it's take on the concept, called Horde Mode).

[Image: killing-floor-2-art-1920x1080-with-logo.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
31-12-2016, 07:42 AM
[Image: bPpxREY.jpg]

Black Desert Online playing itself. Can fish minimized to tray then sell the fish to buy better gear. What's not to like? Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user